New JB case

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been wanting to buy a nicer case for a long. I kept doing research and I have went through probably 4 or 5 cases over the past 12 years.

I started looking thru JB's stuff and saw a few I really liked. Then during pool last Thursday I ran in to a guy that had 2 JB cases. One for himself and One for his wife. I really liked the construction and design. So I broke down and ordered one. It's going to be a long wait for it. I picked a different design that most.

I just hope in the end, I like it as much as I did the pics on line. ...,and now I wait. I really hope it doesn't take 6 weeks. lol

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They make an outstanding case for the money. I own one plus a hybrid Instroke/Barton that is my main case.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been wanting to buy a nicer case for a long. I kept doing research and I have went through probably 4 or 5 cases over the past 12 years.

I started looking thru JB's stuff and saw a few I really liked. Then during pool last Thursday I ran in to a guy that had 2 JB cases. One for himself and One for his wife. I really liked the construction and design. So I broke down and ordered one. It's going to be a long wait for it. I picked a different design that most.

I just hope in the end, I like it as much as I did the pics on line. ...,and now I wait. I really hope it doesn't take 6 weeks. lol

Mine took a week under the estimate to get done. Came out better than what the design online looked. I posted some pictures of the process in a post when it was being done, they actually texted me the pictures of the case as it was in construction to double check it was correct before they finished it fully.

I got the 3x6 instead of the 2x4 and was very happy I did. The 3x6 is perfect even for two cues with a few extra shafts and the cost difference is negligible. I did not get any options aside from customizing the colors and adding a towel ring (which looks to be strong enough to pull a tank BTW), I thought for a custom designed case with the quality of the construction it was a fair price. Unlike most I did not get the back-back straps, but you can sling it across your chest side-ways and it ends up acting the same way. You can actually see it in my post about the BEF Nationals where my son is using it. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=457861

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Coop,

Just purchased my second JB case for use while I'm in Vegas. Replaced a twenty plus year old Porper with a torn strap. For the money, John offers the best for a reasonable amount of money. My new case is a 2 x 5 Ultimate with back pack straps. Also has the cue ball pocket in the top, a cell phone pack inside the middle pocket and the big pocket organizer JB offers. Used it during my recent trip to the BCAPl Nationals. The back pack option is the "bomb".

Lyn

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Coop,

The back pack option has a few benefits. First, for events like the league nationals, you can carry the case anywhere without changing shoulders. Sure helped my posture. If you find using both straps on a daily basis is a pain, take one strap off. Also, remember to put your cues in butt first. Leaving the butt end up makes it much more difficult to get the butt out. It's held that tightly! Regardless of which case you chose, you won't be dis-satisfied.

Lyn

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the basic black ultimate rugged 3 x 6 JB case a few years back. It was a great deal for the price. I'm not easy on stuff, driving a truck most of the time, and tossing it behind the seat. It has held up well. I'd get another if I had cues to put in it!

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I have 8 or 9 JB cases now & they are all awesome. Almost all the different types they offer. Never have a thought about even trying another brand & I've tried many through the years.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate all the good words. I'll post a picture when I get in. You guys have me really excited. I like all the positive things everyone has said.

It's not typical everyone on AZ agrees about something. lol

Thanks a lot Guys...

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I appreciate all the good words. I'll post a picture when I get in. You guys have me really excited. I like all the positive things everyone has said.

It's not typical everyone on AZ agrees about something. lol

Thanks a lot Guys...

I have a 2X4 rugged that John made for the AZB Gold member giveaway. I believe that he only made 12 of these, that have the AZB logo inside the lid. It will be with me for a very long time. Great case. :cool:
You will enjoy yours.
j2

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So wait-are you guys saying that when your cues and shafts are loaded in a JB case they are somehow captured in the interior and won't fall out even if you open the top and turn the case upside down? And do you need to always put your cues in butt first?

I have a 2x3 Basic Rugged coming in tomorrow but didn't realize I'd need instructions on how to use it.

Andy Hughes

Registered
I have a number of JB cases & like them all. You can never have enough pool cue cases!

Andy Hughes - Las Vegas

IMG_8970.jpg

Last edited:

Andy Hughes

Registered
I might have to enter a program soon, Coop! But Jack Justis is here in town for the next 10 days, so it will have to wait. :grin:

Andy Hughes - Las Vegas

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might have to enter a program soon, Coop! But Jack Justis is here in town for the next 10 days, so it will have to wait. :grin:

Andy Hughes - Las Vegas

I love it... Fine collection of cases too. Pool room is sharp too.