phone calls.........

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
never seen a thread like this, so i started 1 lol. i got a phone call yesterday. guy wanted to know how much to fix the "Walls" on a table. i said "walls, what do mean...rails". he got happy "ya, ya thats it". what kind of table( the next logical question". he didn't know, asked me if i knew what kind it was. it ended on a good note lol. told i couldn't tell what the brand of table is.....haven't seen it. he laughed when i said that, so it was all good lol

realkingcobra

Silver Member
never seen a thread like this, so i started 1 lol. i got a phone call yesterday. guy wanted to know how much to fix the "Walls" on a table. i said "walls, what do mean...rails". he got happy "ya, ya thats it". what kind of table( the next logical question". he didn't know, asked me if i knew what kind it was. it ended on a good note lol. told i couldn't tell what the brand of table is.....haven't seen it. he laughed when i said that, so it was all good lol

Like I always say...a picture is worth a 1,000 words!;)

tsp&b

Silver Member

You could have told him to hold the phone closer to the table so you could tell what kind of table it was. :)

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could have told him to hold the phone closer to the table so you could tell what kind of table it was. :)

now that is really funny....."give the phone to the table, i need to talk to it"
hell, this guy probley would have done it too lol

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
other things i have been ask for are.........pleated tennis skirts, trampolines, stripper poles( i liked that one ). i was asked if i restring tennis rackets, when i said no i was asked to recommend a place to do it. probably the best call i got was to see if i had a small piece of slate to replace a broken piece. so i start talking about a new piece or a set. tried to explain the whole matched set thing an all. after 20 min. of "misunderstanding" the situation. turns out the guy wanted to replace the "broken piece" with another "broken piece", NOT the whole piece. he wanted me to break off a chunk that he could use to replace the broken piece. i had to ask the obvious question......why can't you use the broken piece you already have, are you ready for this.........he didn't want to use a broken piece of "used" slate, he wanted new. i was laughin pretty hard over that one, still do.

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
other things i have been ask for are.........pleated tennis skirts, trampolines, stripper poles( i liked that one ). i was asked if i restring tennis rackets, when i said no i was asked to recommend a place to do it. probably the best call i got was to see if i had a small piece of slate to replace a broken piece. so i start talking about a new piece or a set. tried to explain the whole matched set thing an all. after 20 min. of "misunderstanding" the situation. turns out the guy wanted to replace the "broken piece" with another "broken piece", NOT the whole piece. he wanted me to break off a chunk that he could use to replace the broken piece. i had to ask the obvious question......why can't you use the broken piece you already have, are you ready for this.........he didn't want to use a broken piece of "used" slate, he wanted new. i was laughin pretty hard over that one, still do.

Wow...that is a good one. We actually got asked recently since we move pool tables if we also move waterbeds. Hell yeah we will! :)