Thoughts on worsted cloth on 7 foot table?? Any help appreciated

gumpys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

I play at my local bar almost daily and found out they are using worsted cloth believe it's the Championship Tour Edition I have been told but to me feels like a 19 oz worsted cloth not 24 oz like Tour edition. I am used to shooting on this table and need my cloth redone on my 7 foot home table.

I am looking for recommendations if I should put the Tour Edition on or go with some other worsted cloth?? Any advice greatly appreciated.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Odd you asked that at this time. I suspect you are playing on the same cloth that I asked about here a few days ago.
You might be playing on the newer Championship Ultra Worsted 5040. It is a little lighter then tour edition...21 oz . Been wanting to try it myself. I had a poster say go for it. He really seemed to like it.

Also, my brother has Simonis on his 7 foot. Plays great. Stick to the slower end of the scale.
760 would be way too fast for a 7 foot. 860 or equivalent is fine for 7 footer. Ultra worsted is $154.70 at Seyberts for a 7 footer.

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Cloth

I've got proform worsted 23oz cloth in stock.

$135.00 shipped for a 7 footer, comes with free box of masters chalk and a Aramith -that's how I roll- sticker.

Rob.M

gumpys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buckshots thats's funny you brought up that Ultra worsted as well lol. I actually decided to go with that cloth for my 7 foot table. My local installer recommended that over the tour edition due to the tour edition being way too fast for a 7 footer. I will let you know how it plays this weekend since it is being installed tomorrow.

Also Rob thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it but already bought the ultra worsted cloth local.

Thanks,

Eric

gumpys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
buckshot well after playing on it for a week now I think it plays really nice. Yes a bit fast but I really like it.