Surprises when doing work on production cues

JC

Coos Cues
I don't slam any Cues or Cue makers. For 25 years people have been trying to get me to throw a cue and maker under the bus. I protect them at all cost. What is usually forgotten is.......Everyone has some glass windows in thier house. And unfortunately there's always someone walking around with a rock. Drama Queens....Main Forum take notice. If you work in the Industry or want to. Act accordingly. If not, and you consider yourself part of the now famous. (AZ Community) That line always makes me laugh. Drummed up by @holes who have nothing better to do because no one at home listens.....Well, the main forum is just a click away. Good journey to you.

Relax Sir, it was a joke only.

JC

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think shoddy work by cue makers and cue companies should absolutely be outed,
Why should someone spend money on an inferior product? Whether it be pool cues or any other consumer goods.
If that were the case Consumer Reports magazine and others like it would have no place.
An informed consumer is a smart consumer.
Sorry I don't subscribe to the old boy net work of hush hush.

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree

If you ask me Mike is nothing but a class act, I respect who,what and why he is what he is, Mike I think the comment you made at the start of this post just separates you from the rest.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
I think it is the responsibility of cue owners to out bad production or custom cues. A custom cue builder has nothing to gain but animus by speaking negatively of another cue. I believe a good cue builder can take a disappointing cue and improve it if they want by changing properties of the cue. I hope some cue builders can chime in on this. If a house cue can be converted and sold for 1000 plus I'm sure a good cue builder can fix a mclucasistar play great with a shaft and balance improvement.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is the responsibility of cue owners to out bad production or custom cues. A custom cue builder has nothing to gain but animus by speaking negatively of another cue. I believe a good cue builder can take a disappointing cue and improve it if they want by changing properties of the cue. I hope some cue builders can chime in on this. If a house cue can be converted and sold for 1000 plus I'm sure a good cue builder can fix a mclucasistar play great with a shaft and balance improvement.

I gave up but major respect to you Sir. Someone actually understands. I'm taking the rest of the day off. Thank you very much. Nice to know there is hope.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Micheal, I was the ass before learned. This means that all can be educated if they are willing. I am in sales not production but I do feel that if your industry and for lack of a better term our sales ability can educate people who actually buy cues for the attributes that they offer could be amazing.

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't slam any Cues or Cue makers.

Everyone has some glass windows in their house.

And unfortunately there's always someone walking around with a rock.

Drama Queens....Main Forum take notice.

If you work in the Industry or want to. Act accordingly.

If not, and you consider yourself part of the now famous, "AZ Community"; that line always makes me laugh. Drummed up by @holes who have nothing better to do because no one at home listens.

Mike...

I took the liberty of editing your statements and RAH RAH!
BTW -- welcome back. I'm sure it's a long one. :)

I'd like to add....
1) because they're keyboard commando's
2) sit there in their underwear with a can of beer
3) have no life, no love, no prospects
4) probably reside in their parents basement or attic (even at age 50)

I believe this forum can be of great use but there are too many personalities, experts and know-it-alls. What people don't realize is that negative publicity does little to anyone in the meat grinder especially when the forum is of such little consequence as AZ. In the large scope of things, this forum isn't a pimple on the world of billiards. As such, you can say whatever you want with little impact to those who others are trying to impact.

If you have something negative to say, take it private or simply state that I had one of those cues and didn't care for it. Problem is, the 'trolls' will want to know "why" and expect you to say so whereby creating a feeding frenzy where all the losers participate. Ad nauseam.

In fact, there are those on this forum who delight in other people's misery. Very sad statement but very true.

Last edited:

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It only took one page to hijack the thread, and the personal attacks to begin.

All is well. Carry on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see the thread as being hijacked. We're discussing proper etiquette in such a case. No one wants to discuss or bad mouth a manufacturer of cues and rightfully so. If you want a feud go to the zoo or the main forum.

JC

Coos Cues
Mike...

I took the liberty of editing your statements and RAH RAH!
BTW -- welcome back. I'm sure it's a long one. :)

I'd like to add....
1) because they're keyboard commando's
2) sit there in their underwear with a can of beer
3) have no life, no love, no prospects
4) probably reside in their parents basement or attic (even at age 50)

I believe this forum can be of great use but there are too many personalities, experts and know-it-alls. What people don't realize is that negative publicity does little to anyone in the meat grinder especially when the forum is of such little consequence as AZ. In the large scope of things, this forum isn't a pimple on the world of billiards. As such, you can say whatever you want with little impact to those who others are trying to impact.
If you google almost anything related to pool you will inevitably get a number of hits directly from the forums here and since they are visible to all without signing up words from here can spread very fast. Even if it's a seemingly remote discussion. The world is very small now days.

Signed from the cellar. Naked, drunk and lonely

JC

Rybord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not only does one have nothing to gain, a cuemaker/business has much to lose as customers will judge one on their integrity and decide not to do business with you!!!!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
If you google almost anything related to pool you will inevitably get a number of hits directly from the forums here and since they are visible to all without signing up words from here can spread very fast. Even if it's a seemingly remote discussion. The world is very small now days.

Signed from the cellar. Naked, drunk and lonely

JC

Or you get to a site where all you read is badmouthing of the whole industry and this place.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always thought ATCM should be viewed by members only but even worse is! You should have to show a real name or email to ask a question.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is also of concern to cue buyers. They are the ones who she'll out the dough for the product.

Some of you obviously miss the point. We Cue makers that are real Cue makers offer technical support here. END OF STORY. I know of at least 10 members who go by a Cue maker name, and they've NEVER made a cue. Bullshit versus reality is a very thin line sometimes. And the boys club that some think I protect? It's called respect and some people couldn't find that, if they had a map.

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a hobby lathe? I could make a 10" cue.

I guess you can add me to the list?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Back to the original intent of the post.................

A lady at the local pool hall came up to me with a inexpensive cue and said "what is this?"... she bumped her cue and it had a rattle in the butt. I said just tighten the weight bolt..........

Next week she said she ripped the bumper in half, couldn't find the weight bolt and glued the bumper back in..... oh well.............

I volunteered to see what I could do.

Drilled and bored out the old rubber bumper and found that there was no weight in it.... still had a bad buzz when you bumped the cue................

Determined that the problem was in the butt (guessed)..............

I drilled into the butt with a 3/8 gun drill up to the middle of the handle.. Gorilla glued in a 3/8 dowel to the depth of the hole............ redrilled, plugged, drilled and tapped for a small weight bolt and screwed on a bumper............ fixed

never volunteer

Kim

Last edited:

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
"never volunteer "
Boy is THAT good advice!
:thumbup:
Gary