Billy Thorpe conceded with 7 balls left.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hot seat match playing 8 ball at Chinhook Winds on a 7ft Diamond. Its hill-hill and Billy had a tough cut on the 8 ball and misses.

Joey Gray had 7 balls to go but Billy rakes the balls and conceded.

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I prefer shooting every last ball and I prefer my opponent to shoot every last ball but I'm sure at that level, it is frustrating when you know the incoming player is 99% going to win. Me, I'm going to play Nick Varner pool. Down 10-0 games and my opponent is shooting in the 9 ball. I'm still waiting for my opportunity at the table. Lol

What I don't like is players using the "gifting" as a psychological warfare tool. It's not always but trust me, when someone gives you a medium difficult shot but makes you shoot an easy shot, they know what's up.

That most likely isn't the case with Billy but I just prefer not giving or getting any "gifts".

JoeyA

Hot seat match playing 8 ball at Chinhook Winds on a 7ft Diamond. Its hill-hill and Billy had a tough cut on the 8 ball and misses.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It feels great to shoot 7 balls in on a wide-open table, it gets you in stroke, and it gives you a chance to get a feel for the speed, rails, throw on the balls, etc. By conceding you're taking all that away from your opponent.

IMO there should be a rule that it's unsportsmanlike conduct and loss of the next game too.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
It feels great to shoot 7 balls in on a wide-open table, it gets you in stroke, and it gives you a chance to get a feel for the speed, rails, throw on the balls, etc. By conceding you're taking all that away from your opponent.

IMO there should be a rule that it's unsportsmanlike conduct and loss of the next game too.

Guess some of you guys missed the hill-hill part posted more than once. Lol. Just funnin ya..
Jason

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member

It also feels good knowing that you won and didnt dog one of them.

Billy was probably upset about the miss and didnt want to sit there and watch his opponent run out. I can see it from both sides.

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a dumb move on a lot of fronts. It's not hard to go sit down and be miserable in a chair. It's not like your misery is going to compound there. For some reason we sort of give these layouts to these guys mentally too, but funny stuff can happen and does all the time. I don't even think it has to be "funny" necessarily. Hill hill any little twitch in a stroke and anything can happen. Seen it so many times.

05carbondrz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dumb move,Anything can happen at anytime.We all saw what happened to Alex when his nerves flaired up.I would not concede with ONE Ball left,7 is just stupid.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Nobody should concede 7 balls, nobody. This was not a fuggin valley for heavens sake. Plus, if he doesn't miss, it's gonna take all of 60 seconds anyways.... shit, start packing your shit up, and by the time you are ready to break down your cue it's over ;)

Billy is the best pool and the best player in the world. From ohio

hot seat match playing 8 ball at chinhook winds on a 7ft diamond. Its hill-hill and billy had a tough cut on the 8 ball and misses.

Joey gray had 7 balls to go but billy rakes the balls and conceded.

billy is the best pool and the best player in the world. From ohio

i am eric robert moreman i play pool at kings of billiards in akron ohio one day a week just fridays.

JazzboxBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand any of the conceding not to mention with 7 balls on the table. Anything could happen.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jesus Christ, Folks should just cut the kid a break. He didn't concede Senatorship or the Presidency.
It is a dumb move but those who slam the kid for unsportsmanlike conduct in a hill hill match should be ashamed of themselves.

make%2Ba%2Bmountain%2Bout%2Bof%2Ba%2Bmolehill.png

In that situation (against a player like Joey Gray), I can understand why he conceded, after missing the 8 ball (leaving a wide open table for Joey). Think about it. Even if Joey makes a mistake, and gets out of shape, he could probably easily play a jam up safety on Billy. Even when just playing the average B level player, 9 times out of 10, the B player is going to get out, after their opponent misses the 8 and leaves a wide open table (unless there are trouble balls). Even if there are trouble balls, they will just break them out, and play safe. I get it though. He must have been really upset, and just wanted to concede the match and leave ASAP (knowing that there was a 99.9% chance that he was going to lose).

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
billy is the best pool and the best player in the world. From ohio

i am eric robert moreman i play pool at kings of billiards in akron ohio one day a week just fridays.

Really? Couldn't tell from your screen name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk