Old
  (#46)
mamono
AzB Silver Member

mamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 30450

04-23-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $TAKE HOR$E View Post
Its actually sort of interesting to hear opinions on things like this, as long as it stays classy...since nothing is for sale maybe the mods can move this to the cue gallery or something. Im sure enough people have seen it here to get the idea.

On a side note, I have had a few Tads over the years but nothing fancy like the OP, nor any after he passed. For those who have, how do the actual Tad cues compare to the new ones?
I own one cue made by Fred, it's brand new never played and not even test hit. Though, I have played with cues made by Fred owned by friends and a few cues I have sold in the past. IMHO, they play the same as TAD cues in my collection as early as late 70's made by Tad himself. I have complete confidence in Fred's work as he has been working in the shop with his father since the 80's. Fred does exceptional work that he proudly stands behind. Some of his recent designs have really surprised me where I wish I could have seen them in person rather than in pictures. One cue I did happen to see in person, but it wasn't complete at the time since Fred was still working on it. That cue now resides in Japan and was a 1of1 that I believe, probably the only cue with pink inlays ever to leave the shop. The inlays were a type of stone, can't remember what they were.

Old
  (#47)
Johnnybgood
Banned
Johnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-24-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamono View Post
I own one cue made by Fred, it's brand new never played and not even test hit. Though, I have played with cues made by Fred owned by friends and a few cues I have sold in the past. IMHO, they play the same as TAD cues in my collection as early as late 70's made by Tad himself. I have complete confidence in Fred's work as he has been working in the shop with his father since the 80's. Fred does exceptional work that he proudly stands behind. Some of his recent designs have really surprised me where I wish I could have seen them in person rather than in pictures. One cue I did happen to see in person, but it wasn't complete at the time since Fred was still working on it. That cue now resides in Japan and was a 1of1 that I believe, probably the only cue with pink inlays ever to leave the shop. The inlays were a type of stone, can't remember what they were.

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#48)
briggch
AzB Bronze Member
briggch is on a distinguished road

04-24-2018, 06:53 PM

The pink stone that I know of that sees use in pool cues is called rhodinite.

Old
  (#49)
grumpydad1
AzB Silver Member
grumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond repute

05-05-2018, 05:34 PM

I contacted the seller and asked him if he would do an escrow account ..
I told him I would give the money to Fred at Tads shop and he could ship it to Tads shop.
when Fred verifies the cue is a Tad then Fred would release the money to him..
thought this would protect me, he told me no way so I left it at that,,

Old
  (#50)
mamono
AzB Silver Member

mamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond reputemamono has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 30450

05-06-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpydad1 View Post
I contacted the seller and asked him if he would do an escrow account .. I told him I would give the money to Fred at Tads shop and he could ship it to Tads shop. when Fred verifies the cue is a Tad then Fred would release the money to him.. thought this would protect me, he told me no way so I left it at that,,
Good to know, seemed like a reasonable suggestion for a viable transaction IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnybgood View Post
Pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by briggch View Post
The pink stone that I know of that sees use in pool cues is called rhodinite.
Sorry, but I don't have very good pictures of the finished cue as it is not mine and I don't know the owner personally to ask for better pictures.
Attached Images

Old
  (#51)
grumpydad1
AzB Silver Member
grumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond reputegrumpydad1 has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2018, 01:04 PM

yes I thought so, but not willing to take the chance without it..

Page 4 of 4 « First 234

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: