Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page How good were Cole Dickson and Mark Tadd?
Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
ghost ball
AzB Silver Member
ghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond reputeghost ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-02-2016, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave714 View Post
I heard Tadd say he practiced a week getting ready for CJ Wiley. Don't know how big they played for but CJ got him.
CJ, to his credit, had his high of being one of the best in the US as well.

I posted in another thread that one of the most impressive pool shooting I've seen was Tadd practicing by himself at HardTimes, without missing a ball, for hours.

Címon man!

PUNiSH CHINA.

"People have to start realizing that if they are going to dick members around on AZ, it won't be forgotten about soon." from the blue hog rider

GLUE SAVES POOL

"When I shoot, my main concerns are if I made a good hit (including ball to rail) and the success of the shot (make or defense).
If you have played for a while, it is rare that you don't notice when it does not happen." from poolpro2

Old
  (#62)
Onepocket73
AzB Silver Member
Onepocket73 has a reputation beyond reputeOnepocket73 has a reputation beyond reputeOnepocket73 has a reputation beyond reputeOnepocket73 has a reputation beyond reputeOnepocket73 has a reputation beyond reputeOnepocket73 has a reputation beyond reputeOnepocket73 has a reputation beyond reputeOnepocket73 has a reputation beyond reputeOnepocket73 has a reputation beyond reputeOnepocket73 has a reputation beyond reputeOnepocket73 has a reputation beyond repute

03-03-2016, 12:13 PM

Be on the lookout for the next video I post on You Tube featuring Mark Tadd playing Jose Parica bank pool.

"When you have lifted up the Son of Man,then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me."
John 8:28

Mark & Keith story
Old
  (#63)
CrownCityCorey
Sock it to 'em!

CrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Mark & Keith story - 03-03-2016, 02:00 PM

I recall, when I was a Hard Times (Bellflower) Houseman, holding $4k for a seven ahead 9-Ball match between Keith & Mark on table 1.

The set was over in 45 minutes- with Mark the winner. This was 1990 I believe.

Most thought this was a close match. I knew better as I'd played them both; beating Keith with the 5-Ball, and losing to Mark with the 5 & 7. Lol!

Old
  (#64)
nitty bitty
Registered
nitty bitty has a reputation beyond reputenitty bitty has a reputation beyond reputenitty bitty has a reputation beyond reputenitty bitty has a reputation beyond reputenitty bitty has a reputation beyond reputenitty bitty has a reputation beyond reputenitty bitty has a reputation beyond reputenitty bitty has a reputation beyond reputenitty bitty has a reputation beyond reputenitty bitty has a reputation beyond reputenitty bitty has a reputation beyond repute

03-06-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onepocket73 View Post
Be on the lookout for the next video I post on You Tube featuring Mark Tadd playing Jose Parica bank pool.
Thanks for posting that.

This is the Tadd I remember. It was a different era but reminds me he deserves to be talked about with the all time greats.

Tremendous talent and work ethic.

Old
  (#65)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

03-07-2016, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownCityCorey View Post
I recall, when I was a Hard Times (Bellflower) Houseman, holding $4k for a seven ahead 9-Ball match between Keith & Mark on table 1.

The set was over in 45 minutes- with Mark the winner. This was 1990 I believe.

Most thought this was a close match. I knew better as I'd played them both; beating Keith with the 5-Ball, and losing to Mark with the 5 & 7. Lol!
Meanwhile, Mark wouldn't have had a chance to defeat Keith when Keith was in his prime.

I beat Nick Varner in the '80s in Rockville, MD. Most people there thought it was close, but I knew the difference. Yep, that's the JAM and Nick story.

I can't wait for the stories to come out about Shane when Shane gets beat by so-and-so. People will forget how great Shane was and only remember the time he got beat.

Bunch of knockers on this forum.

Old
  (#66)
GaryB
AzB Silver Member

GaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond reputeGaryB has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2016, 01:35 AM

The times that I saw Tadd he made everything seem easy. One year at the Bicycle Club he played with a cue that was wrapped in duct tape.

During those years Keith's play was sometimes erratic due to some bad habits. However, when he found his gear he would destroy anyone and if you were lucky enough to be there you would have the time of your life.

John Schmidt was learning 1 Hole from Jack Cooney. They played most afternoons. One Monday John came in to play and he laughingly told Jack that he had played Keith that Friday night and that Keith had broken almost every rule Jack had taught him while kicking his butt.

Old
  (#67)
CrownCityCorey
Sock it to 'em!

CrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond reputeCrownCityCorey has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-10-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
Meanwhile, Mark wouldn't have had a chance to defeat Keith when Keith was in his prime.

I beat Nick Varner in the '80s in Rockville, MD. Most people there thought it was close, but I knew the difference. Yep, that's the JAM and Nick story.

I can't wait for the stories to come out about Shane when Shane gets beat by so-and-so. People will forget how great Shane was and only remember the time he got beat.

Knockers? This was 26 years ago....lol!

This hurts action today? I doubt it.

Old
  (#68)
tom haney
AzB Silver Member
tom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond reputetom haney has a reputation beyond repute

02-11-2019, 03:55 PM

The 2 times I watched Tadd at Derby City, 9 ball, tourney, not hustling, he lost , but gave me the impression he wasn't going 100%. Both times he was playing great players but it was too many years ago to remember who.

God bless each and every one of you

Mark
Old
  (#69)
Nick8400
AzB Silver Member
Nick8400 has a reputation beyond reputeNick8400 has a reputation beyond reputeNick8400 has a reputation beyond reputeNick8400 has a reputation beyond reputeNick8400 has a reputation beyond reputeNick8400 has a reputation beyond reputeNick8400 has a reputation beyond reputeNick8400 has a reputation beyond reputeNick8400 has a reputation beyond reputeNick8400 has a reputation beyond reputeNick8400 has a reputation beyond repute

Mark - 02-11-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
both of these players were among the best I ever saw
to get an accurate rating lets hope Keith replies or Billy Incardone

I was at cuetopia in Las Vegas one day and Mark Tad was warming up to possibly play Billy,just knocking balls into the hole

He hit about 10 banks in a row into the hole at about the speed that most people break at 9 ball

I would think both of these guys were close to Keith but I don't have the talent to evaluate them that
accurately

Cole was somewhat of a baseball player in his youth,he seemed to enjoy talking about that more than his pool ,at least with me where is mark Tad these days?

Last time I talked with Mark he expressed an interest in the Bible and was hoping to change his life,I would be interested to hear about him
Mark was around my parts over winter. Not sure if he still is. Central Wisco. Saw him playing in a bar box tournament. He also matched up with a few players around here on the bar box.

Show me your sugartree!

Old
  (#70)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

02-11-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom haney View Post
The 2 times I watched Tadd at Derby City, 9 ball, tourney, not hustling, he lost , but gave me the impression he wasn't going 100%. Both times he was playing great players but it was too many years ago to remember who.
Mark's game has really fallen off a lot. He plays a Wyoming tournament every now and again and never really threatens the top spots. Granted, these are tourneys where the field might contain SVB, Corey, or Rodney Morris, but these are the ONLY top players that tend to play in these events, out of a favor to the promoter.

Mark seems to have lost his stroke, and doesn't know how to get it back... He was asking a few years back on here if someone had video of him playing in his heyday, with the intention of him trying to analyze what he is doing wrong now..

ShortBus Russ

Old
  (#71)
Keith E.
AzB Silver Member
Keith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond reputeKeith E. has a reputation beyond repute

02-12-2019, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onepocket73 View Post
Channel, username, etc?

Thanks,
Keith

Old
  (#72)
Island Drive
AzB Silver Member
Island Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Drive has a reputation beyond repute

02-12-2019, 05:02 AM

I've match played, and gambled with both in the late 70's. Kieth was a tougher game. I've gone hill/hill twice with Tad/lost, but Kieth in the long haul was waaaaaaay more dangerous.

www.worldbilliardtour.com
Domain Name Only....

Bill Meacham

Old
  (#73)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

02-12-2019, 05:03 AM

Tadd-Davenport 1992 Cardone-Helfert commentary. 3parts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi2gWf-BWzc

Old
  (#74)
Denis The Kid
AzB Silver Member
Denis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDenis The Kid has a reputation beyond repute

02-12-2019, 06:25 AM

In Early 90's I was living in Calgary Alberta and used to go to Missoula Montana for tournaments. The first time I saw Mark play was there. He practiced for 8 hrs Friday night alone. Then he played poker all night, and made it through Saturday to Sunday. On Sunday he played my travelling partner Chris Wood from Toronto. Chris is only player to hold Canadian Snooker and Canadian 9 Ball titles in same year. Any way Mark put a 6pk on him to beat him and went on to win tournament easily.

Then Henry Nojack from Vegas brought him to Edmonton Alberta where there was 3 tournaments in a week, Paying 3k each and he won all 3.

He was so fast he was often waiting for cue ball to stop. His stroke was so long it often slid out of his bridge on delivery.

A one pocket player from Vegas named Toby, who was about 4ft 10 but best one pocket player there at the time told me Mark had won 50k there in a week during a pro event. He first went through Tony Ellin giving up the 7, Ronnie Allen JR and a few others. Toby said he offered any one the 7. At the end of the week he got in a private poker game at Ceasars Palace, and lost it all in one night.

He then went to LA where picked up another 40 K in a week at the Bicycle Club where he won that all around. Id say he was one of best ever.

Never saw Cole play but heard he got so good that no one would play him.

Old
  (#75)
patmoran
Registered
patmoran has a reputation beyond reputepatmoran has a reputation beyond reputepatmoran has a reputation beyond reputepatmoran has a reputation beyond reputepatmoran has a reputation beyond reputepatmoran has a reputation beyond reputepatmoran has a reputation beyond reputepatmoran has a reputation beyond reputepatmoran has a reputation beyond reputepatmoran has a reputation beyond reputepatmoran has a reputation beyond repute

02-12-2019, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post

How old was Keith in 1990?

Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: