I've always enjoyed Earl's commentating matches, here's a real gem:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've heard earl commentate with upstate al before, he didn't miss a beat. but this actually surprised me since solo commentary is usually not very entertaining, but earl pulled it off. he has been talking to himself for decades, so i guess he is well prepared for the task

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
His reputation does not match his commentating,

He is a natural teacher and funny to boot.

Earl the commentator he found a new career

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think Earl will commentate for Matchroom one day if he wishes.

I've never been an Earl fan, but I have always said this in his defense --- though he has shown disrespect for many associated with pro pool, he has always shown great respect for the game itself, and this positive attribute comes through in his commentary.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Met and chatted with Earl in Vegas back around 2008? and i recall it was a very pleasant conversation and he was in good form.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I think Earl will commentate for Matchroom one day if he wishes.

I've never been an Earl fan, but I have always said this in his defense --- though he has shown disrespect for many associated with pro pool, he has always shown great respect for the game itself, and this positive attribute comes through in his commentary.

I've never been an Earl fan either because of his past antics. As most do, I respect his game and knowledge tremendously. There is an honesty that comes thru in his commentating and we get a little more insight into his personality and humor, which ironically I like. I really like the respect he gave to Corey and Shane. This goes a long way in my opinion of Earl. I also agree he has great respect for the game, that is unquestionable. I hope we hear more from Earl, but my favorite is probably JJ right now.

SpotOn

Registered
I watched a video that Earl was the sole commentator for and enjoyed it more than any match I have watched due to his being able to call out each shot ahead of the shot and best of all he would give all the options to shoot the shot as well as the English used to get the position for the next shot. I hope the hire him for many more matches.