Pool Tourny w/ Poker format

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent this to Jay, he thought I should post it for everyone

This is what I do

make the entry what ever you want it to be, mine are $20 gets 2k in chips. I do a 1 time rebuy, $10 to get 1k in chips

now, all the players get together and make games with each other, betting with their chips.

They can play whatever game they want to "gamble" at. I limits the amount of games in sets, only go to 3, it's a time thing up here in Montana. Straight pool goes to a max of 40-50 points, 1-pocket goes to 1 game, if they are good players then maybe 2 games or 3, however you want to set it up.

when a player runs out of chips, they are out of the tourny. payouts are the same as any tourny, who ever ends up with all the chips wins 1st, the person he beats out of chips get second and so forth.

I start the first round at a min. bet of $50, then they go up $100 every halfhour or hour. I run it at about half hour then min. bet goes up.

It's not perfect but it works well for me and my players seem to really like it. its somethng different

Whodat?

Registered
Sounds like a lot of fun. I understand that the players themselves determine what game they want to play and for how much, but how do you determine who plays who? It is like a round robin format where everyone plays everyone at least once?

I'm just curious because I imagine all the best players trying to pick on the worst players instead of going head-to-head against one another in the early rounds.

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way I do it is I just let them talk amongest themselves, they make a game with whoever. If player A wants weight from player B, then they get to work it out. each player HAS to play at least 1 match per hour. end of hour 2 it starts to get jumpin, bets get bigger!!!