Yet another lathe question

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
I've searched and read all the threads I can about lathes, but I still am confused so please indulge me.

I'd like to get a basic lathe that I can clean shafts, and replace / repair tips on. I've heard many recommendations for cuesmith.com ones, but the options overwhelm me.

So... What would you recommend for someone who is certain they won't be outgrowing an entry level lathe, and what specifically are the necessary attachments to do this type of work on a variety of shaft sizes?

Thanks for your time.

Rybord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call Chris and tell him what you want to do and he'll set you up with what you need!

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lathe

If you are sure that all you will be doing is tips and shaft cleaning then the Micro 3 is all you need, But trust me when you get rolling you will want to do more that's for sure, Maybe better to up grade to a better model, Just give Chris a call he is a great guy and will be more then willing to guide you in the right direction, he is a very busy guy so if you don't get him , Just leave a message and I'm sure he will get back to you when he can..

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Give me a call between 2 and 6pm and I will help you figure out which lathe will work best for you

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've searched and read all the threads I can about lathes, but I still am confused so please indulge me.

I'd like to get a basic lathe that I can clean shafts, and replace / repair tips on. I've heard many recommendations for cuesmith.com ones, but the options overwhelm me.

So... What would you recommend for someone who is certain they won't be outgrowing an entry level lathe, and what specifically are the necessary attachments to do this type of work on a variety of shaft sizes?

Thanks for your time.

Todd - screen name tsp&b - at MidAmerica

http://www.midamericapool.com/index_files/Page328.htm

offers a basic lathe for around $500 - which is all you need for what you want to do,
and expandable, etc if you ever care to do more.

Dale

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the input, I know it's a frequently asked question...

I'll make the appropriate calls today or tomorrow to get things rolling, much appreciated

b