Gus Szamboti 1976 Rare

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok..........Several dozen people were willing to help me estimate the fair value for this cue and I thank them all for the help. Throwing out the lowest and the highest gave me a range of $10,000-$18,000. I was informed that the market is lower now than it was a few years ago It doesn't make sense to me to sell in a down market and also at the lower end of the range, sort of a double whammy, especially with many people telling me how rare this one is, etc. I have decided to offer it at the high end of the range which is $18,000. I realize this certainly lowers the number of potential buyers because not many people have this kind of cash. If it does not sell I will put it back in the bank and wait 10 years and see where the market is then. Thanks again for all the help. To recap, this is my Gus Szamboti that I ordered in the 1976 area with 3 shafts, 58 1/2 inches with pictures here https://www.flickr.com/photos/147088882@N02/albums/72157679608318555

Last edited:

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
You may want to add some specs on the cue as well if you are looking to sell at the higher end. In addition, you have no itrader feedback so that may present a challenge as well.

Last edited:

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Without any kind of sales history here, you might want to offer escrow service for the transaction. It would protect you and the buyer. Really nice cue.

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, it appears that this is winding down. The interest in the posts on AZB is interesting in and of itself as the post is active for a few days and then simply fades away. I received a few hundred messages from people regarding this Gus Szamboti and received a lot of help from many of you on what the value is and for that I am thankful. The pictures i posted were viewed over 1,000 times so a lot of people got to see the cue which is a good thing. I am now going to put the cue back in the bank since my price was not met but I am going to do something that I wish others would do and that is share the pricing information. I always hated it when i would see something on the internet that i was interested in such as a guitar for $5,000 and then a few weks later I would go back and check to see what happened and all you get is that it was sold but nobody ever tells you what it sold for. So I am going to reveal that the highest bid I received was $12,000 and in this way everyone can get a good idea of what the interest this quality of cue at this exact point in time generates. Hopefully, this is a useful bit of information for the community. Thanks again to everyone for all the help

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone thought it would be a good idea to bring this cue to The Super Billiards Expo March 30-April 2 in Pennsylvania. I am an easy day trip drive from there but I don't want to go to all that hassle if people think it will not help me realize my asking price. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone thought it would be a good idea to bring this cue to The Super Billiards Expo March 30-April 2 in Pennsylvania. I am an easy day trip drive from there but I don't want to go to all that hassle if people think it will not help me realize my asking price. Thanks in advance

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do people think there are enough cue buyers at The Super Billiards Expo at the end of March to justify taking a day drive to go there with this Szamboti?

05carbondrz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Do people think there are enough cue buyers at The Super Billiards Expo at the end of March to justify taking a day drive to go there with this Szamboti?

Doubt it and attendees are not supposed to shop Cues around,Only Dealers who pay for a Spot.

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doubt it and attendees are not supposed to shop Cues around,Only Dealers who pay for a Spot.

I was unaware that dealers did not want attendees to bring their personal cue to a show to sell it to them. I would have thought they would enjoy the chance to buy cues as well as sell them. I used to be a coin dealer and when I setup at a show I would buy all sorts of coins from the people that were just walking around the show. Thank you for this new information.