SCHON R series cue inquiry EXPERTS

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
Hello. I am not an expert on Schon cues, so I am here to inquire with those who are knowledgeable with R series Schons. I have read on here that on occasion you will find Schon cues with an Allen head weight bolt instead of the normal slotted bolt. Was this style of Bumper, butt cap, & weight bolt used on the R series cues?

100_1947.jpg

100_1948.jpg

100_1949.jpg

100_1950.jpg

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
Do any of you owners with R series Schon have any with this style of butt cap?

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is an example for comparison..........

Attachments

• IMG_1924.jpg
    IMG_1924.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_1923.jpg
    IMG_1923.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 487

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is an example for comparison..........

All of my R series have the slotted bolt like this one and I have owned several. I have seen one with the design the OP showed but was fairly certain it was a replacement which is not too uncommon.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
All of my R series have the slotted bolt like this one and I have owned several. I have seen one with the design the OP showed but was fairly certain it was a replacement which is not too uncommon.

Curious if that may be a tungsten bolt, to add more weight than mild steel.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

"That's what I think-
been replaced....
"POST PICS OF THE REST OF THE CUE TOO

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you have is likely a replacement bolt and bumper! Every R Schon I've ever seen including mine has the flat head bolt and original bumper style.