just got my first 60" cue, daddy like!

scottycoyote

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
found what i thought was a pretty good deal on a new steve klein 60" sneaky out of bocote. Tried it out tonight for the first time and other than one little stint where i got out of line some i have to say i really like it. Of course a little bit of new cueitis might be in play as well, but it seemed like all i had to do was think about shooting and the shot went, lots more wrist and lot less arm. Althought another aspect of this is this cue is prob an oz to 1 1/2 oz's heavier than my schon, so thats in effect too. I have pool school this weekend with randyg, i guess ill bring both sticks. You tall guys like me, you might want to look into this if youre game seems to lack something, my consistency seems to revolve around my stance and part of that is me feeling like im on the backend of my cue all the time.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like a long cue too

I find myself running out of cue stick and holding the butt cap and bumper of shorter sticks sometimes. When I do that the next thing that happens is bad stroke mechanics that I mostly eliminated thirty years ago.

Hu

Guru

outta stroke
Silver Member
scottycoyote said:
found what i thought was a pretty good deal on a new steve klein 60" sneaky out of bocote. Tried it out tonight for the first time and other than one little stint where i got out of line some i have to say i really like it. Of course a little bit of new cueitis might be in play as well, but it seemed like all i had to do was think about shooting and the shot went, lots more wrist and lot less arm. Althought another aspect of this is this cue is prob an oz to 1 1/2 oz's heavier than my schon, so thats in effect too. I have pool school this weekend with randyg, i guess ill bring both sticks. You tall guys like me, you might want to look into this if youre game seems to lack something, my consistency seems to revolve around my stance and part of that is me feeling like im on the backend of my cue all the time.
Well, I'm tired of running out of cue too. I've recently started playing again after a looong hiatus. I've picked up a couple of cheapie production cues to get some semblance of a stroke back, and I have decided to step it up a notch. Based on your recommendation (no pressure), I'm trying to pick up one of the Klein sneakies too. I look forward to having a little more cue in my hand.

The straw that broke the camel's back was going through the calculations by Jimmy Reid on FreePoolLessons, and while he seemed to be telling most people that they needed a shorter cue than average, the calculations for me spit out a monster of a number. I just can't imagine weilding a 64" cue. It would be like trying to spread butter with a broadsword. Anyway, I'll give a 60" a shot again, and hope that it's not something reminiscent of a fly rod like the 30/30 split McDermott I had decades ago.

I noticed this cue a few days ago, but didn't want to kill anyone's action by drawing attention to it at the last minute. I hope someone deserving picked it up, because it seemed like a hell of a deal.

Wow, time to end this novella. I'll keep folks posted (if interested) in how it goes.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
I've moved to 60" cues as well. I just bought a 59" Skip Weston and it's not too bad either, but I love the way the sixty inchers fit my stroke!

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
zeeder said:
I've moved to 60" cues as well. I just bought a 59" Skip Weston and it's not too bad either, but I love the way the sixty inchers fit my stroke!

I had a Scruggs sneaky that I held on the buttcap so I got a custom cue made 59" and I hold it in about the same place, maybe a little closer. But I have never held the cue on the wrap portion. Which is probably why it is still in good shape. HEHE. Maybe there is something wrong with my stance to hold it so far back?

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
I play with a 60" custom-made Viking P6 cue with a leather wrap. It actually may be a little longer because it is almost as tall as I am. EVERYONE tells me to play with a shorter one, but I like it because I can reach a lot more shots naturally. Even though I have a Stretch System bridge, it takes me farther away from the shot and I like being right over the shot. My hand is rarely back very far though, so the balance is more backward on the butt, which could be causing me problems (but I don't notice them.) I am also able to lengthen out on my break.

We'll see. I am bringing my old Keith cue to break and jump with in Orlando. Normally, I break with the Viking, but since they don't let you jump with a jump stick, I have a better chance with a shorter cue.

Like my husband says (Not PC), "It ain't the arrow, it's the Indian!"

Linda

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
UWPoolGod1 said:
I had a Scruggs sneaky that I held on the buttcap so I got a custom cue made 59" and I hold it in about the same place, maybe a little closer. But I have never held the cue on the wrap portion. Which is probably why it is still in good shape. HEHE. Maybe there is something wrong with my stance to hold it so far back?

How tall are you? I'm 6'2" tall and having proper form actually forced my hand all the way to the end of the cue on a 58" cue.

pawnmon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
60 incher

Guru said:
Well, I'm tired of running out of cue too. I've recently started playing again after a looong hiatus. I've picked up a couple of cheapie production cues to get some semblance of a stroke back, and I have decided to step it up a notch. Based on your recommendation (no pressure), I'm trying to pick up one of the Klein sneakies too. I look forward to having a little more cue in my hand.

The straw that broke the camel's back was going through the calculations by Jimmy Reid on FreePoolLessons, and while he seemed to be telling most people that they needed a shorter cue than average, the calculations for me spit out a monster of a number. I just can't imagine weilding a 64" cue. It would be like trying to spread butter with a broadsword. Anyway, I'll give a 60" a shot again, and hope that it's not something reminiscent of a fly rod like the 30/30 split McDermott I had decades ago.

I noticed this cue a few days ago, but didn't want to kill anyone's action by drawing attention to it at the last minute. I hope someone deserving picked it up, because it seemed like a hell of a deal.

Wow, time to end this novella. I'll keep folks posted (if interested) in how it goes.

Also there was a nice looking 60" George Buss cue with boxed veneered points last week. Had one of those interesting twisted double strand linen wraps. Could have been had for $399.00 as there were no bids!

UWPoolGod1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
zeeder said:
How tall are you? I'm 6'2" tall and having proper form actually forced my hand all the way to the end of the cue on a 58" cue.

Yeah I am 6'2" also so maybe I am not as much of a freak as I thought I was.