Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page What happened to Stans CTE Book and New Video?
Page 6 of 7 « First 456 7

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-30-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
What happened to you "Mister Never Miss a Ball Again Poolology Man" in the September King of the Hill contest there at that pool room?
I don't see your name OR your book mentioned anywhere.
Oh, silly me...you probably were "too busy" to enter that one.
Attachment 530965
My band had a gig that night. Instead of grabbing a pool cue when I left the house I grabbed that sweet Les Paul hanging to the right of my tv.....

I don't make all the tournaments at 21, but I try to make it whenever I'm available. Like I said, it's a tough format. I've placed 2nd and 3rd multiple times but have only won 1st place 2 or 3 times a couple of years ago. Things have been difficult over the last year or so, and it's hard to stay on top of your game when your world has been yanked out from under you. For a while I did absolutely nothing -- no pool, no music. Just felt like nothing was worth doing. But I'll be there Saturday with a positive attitude, and I'll try my best to win, like everyone else there.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 09-30-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Old
  (#77)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-30-2019, 06:26 PM

hey guys
think about this
how many players in the hall of fame use cte???
my guess not a great majority
but
so what ???
low 500
it doesnt matter (to me) how good bc21 plays or uses his system
or how good you play or use stans system
the idea is whatever system you you use
does it help you pocket balls
so stop the personal attacks please
to both of you
if your system works for you...GREAT...

Old
  (#78)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
hey guys
think about this
but
so what ???
low 500
to both of you
Well said, Larry.

I am not engaging in personal attacks. I don't have to. Low500 believes I am being disingenuous, and he's just flat wrong. There is nothing fake about me, and that's easy enough to prove.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#79)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
My band had a gig that night. Instead of grabbing a pool cue when I left the house I grabbed that sweet Les Paul hanging to the right of my tv.....
I don't make all the tournaments at 21, but I try to make it whenever I'm available. Like I said, it's a tough format. I've placed 2nd and 3rd multiple times but have only won 1st place 2 or 3 times a couple of years ago. Things have been difficult over the last year or so, and it's hard to stay on top of your game when your world has been yanked out from under you. For a while I did absolutely nothing -- no pool, no music. Just felt like nothing was worth doing. But I'll be there Saturday with a positive attitude, and I'll try my best to win, like everyone else there.
What is this stuff about "try my best to win"...?
How can you lose?
YOU are the one who invented a system and published a book about it and on the back cover of your book, you put this statement....about "never miss another ball".
Are you crawfishing now and saying, that with your own system you might miss another ball ?....after you've advertised like that ???
How can this be...you invented the answer to a pool player's dreams didn't you?
This comes from your book, which I read myself. I'm not making this stuff up.

"It is almost impossible to free simpletons from the chains they revere."

Old
  (#80)
BC21
Poolology

09-30-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
What is this stuff about "try my best to win"...?
How can you lose?
YOU are the one who invented a system and published a book about it and on the back cover of your book, you put this statement....about "never miss another ball".
Are you crawfishing now and saying, that with your own system you might miss another ball ?....after you've advertised like that ???
How can this be...you invented the answer to a pool player's dreams didn't you?
This comes from your book, which I read myself. I'm not making this stuff up.
"Answer to a pool player's dreams" ?? I didn't write that.

But I stand behind what I did write, the belief that if a person practices what is in the book, eventually they'll find themselves pocketing more and more balls with confidence and consistency. There's no limitation on how consistent a player can become with quality practice.

Yes I invented the system. Yes I use it occassionally, when needed. I play great for the little bit of table time I put in, but I have played much better, and I will get back to that level when time permits. Just because I don't put in the required practice needed to "master the art of aiming" doesn't mean others can't or won't. Dedication is a personal choice.

So, how can I lose? Lol! I can lose just like anyone else can....

Break dry. Opponent runs out. 1 loss. Wait 4 games to play again. Rack. Opponent snaps the nine on the break. 2nd loss. Wait 4 more games. Rack. Opponent breaks and runs. 3rd loss. Wait 4 games. Rack. Opponent breaks dry and I have no shot, so I push out or play a safe. Opponent kicks 4 rails, gets a hit, slops a ball in and plays a 2-9 combo. 4th loss. Wait 4 games. Rack. Opponent breaks and scratches. Finally I get a shot after losing 4 games. One more loss and I'm out. I run that rack, break and run the next rack, knocking two players out. Then I break and scratch and watcc my opponent clear the table. 5th loss. Out. Loser. It happens.

I've been on both ends of these scenarios. It's a tough format, and all you can do is try to stay focused and not make any mistakes.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 09-30-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Old
  (#81)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
hey guys
think about this
but
so what ???
low 500
to both of you
Man, you got a lot of nerve giving me any grief about "personal attacks".
I don't care what BC-21 does in his personal life....I'm laying into his system that claims in print about if you "master aiming and never miss another ball". (I'm only interested in his pool shooting stuff.)
That "never miss another ball" stuff is a bunch of bullfeathers and is a marketing claim to sell books in my opinion.
There has been a hard core bunch in this place for years and years who have said the same things about Stan Shuffett's system and they have got away with it.
Now when BC-21 gets a dose of it about his own system, he starts to play "poor pitiful me". And all his buddies rally for his aid and comfort.
And concerning personal attacks....just take yourself into that Main Forum and watch some of them going at each other about whether or not John Schmidt ran over 600 balls in straights and toppled their Mosconi god from his throne. Some of them are almost ready to fight hand to hand over that junk. Those are genuine personal attacks.
BC-21aka Brian Crist wrote the book, not me. (and back in these posts somewhere you'll find where he himself said..."tell me what you think about my poolology, good or bad" (or something very close to that).
You want to tell me this isn't disingenuous......?? It is on the back cover of his book.
Name:  Aiming Lie.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  19.3 KB

Old
  (#82)
Low500
AzB Silver Member

09-30-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
"Answer to a pool player's dreams" ?? I didn't write that.<---no you didn't write that, I wrote that and it isn't in your book.
This is what is on the back cover of your book and it is a bunch of bullfeathers.
You can spin it any way you like, but NOBODY has ever mastered pool to the point where they will never again miss a ball. No matter what system they use.
Here it is again, you wrote it, not me.Name:  Aiming Lie.JPG
Views: 77

Old
  (#83)
BC21
Poolology

09-30-2019, 10:12 PM

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 09-30-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Old
  (#84)
BC21
Poolology

09-30-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
I don't care what BC-21 does in his personal life....I'm laying into his system that claims in print about if you "master aiming and never miss another ball". (I'm only interested in his pool shooting stuff.)
That "never miss another ball" stuff is a bunch of bullfeathers and is a marketing claim to sell books in my opinion.
There has been a hard core bunch in this place for years and years who have said the same things about Stan Shuffett's system and they have got away with it.
Now when BC-21 gets a dose of it about his own system, he starts to play "poor pitiful me". And all his buddies rally for his aid and comfort.
And concerning personal attacks....just take yourself into that Main Forum and watch some of them going at each other about whether or not John Schmidt ran over 600 balls in straights and toppled their Mosconi god from his throne. Some of them are almost ready to fight hand to hand over that junk. Those are genuine personal attacks.
BC-21aka Brian Crist wrote the book, not me. (and back in these posts somewhere you'll find where he himself said..."tell me what you think about my poolology, good or bad" (or something very close to that).
You want to tell me this isn't disingenuous......?? It is on the back cover of his book.
Attachment 530969
Honest opinions are welcome. No whining from me, no name calling. You have already proven to be a liar though. We haven't forgotten. So your extreme biased opinion is worthless. You despised Mosconi and that old traditional fractional method, yet you purchased my book anyway, obviously for the sole purpose of trying to discredit it. Good luck.

And it really doesn't take a genius to understand the implications of the statement, "Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball."

There is no comma between "aiming" and "and". In other words, learning Poolology doesn't mean you've mastered aiming and will never miss another ball. Poolology is a tool that can be used to help master aiming. AND, if you master aiming you can possibly never miss another ball. That is the goal of mastering anything, to reach the highest level of performance possible.

For nongrammatical people I suppose it's too complicated to interpret the statement. Let me reword it with a different subject for simplification purposes....

Master the English language and never be confused by grammar again.

I believe I'll ignore you from now on. You're a broken record, not worth my attention. You insist on living in the past, holding onto anger from something that happened to Stan Shuffett years ago. It gets old.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#85)
mista335
AzB Silver Member
mista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond reputemista335 has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
hey guys
think about this
but
so what ???
low 500
to both of you

Looks like lyrics to a song.

The same old song

Old
  (#86)
duckie
GregH
duckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond reputeduckie has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Honest opinions are welcome. No whining from me, no name calling. You have already proven to be a liar though. We haven't forgotten. So your extreme biased opinion is worthless. You despised Mosconi and that old traditional fractional method, yet you purchased my book anyway, obviously for the sole purpose of trying to discredit it. Good luck.

And it really doesn't take a genius to understand the implications of the statement, "Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball."

There is no comma between "aiming" and "and". In other words, learning Poolology doesn't mean you've mastered aiming and will never miss another ball. Poolology is a tool that can be used to help master aiming. AND, if you master aiming you can possibly never miss another ball. That is the goal of mastering anything, to reach the highest level of performance possible.

For nongrammatical people I suppose it's too complicated to interpret the statement. Let me reword it with a different subject for simplification purposes....

Master the English language and never be confused by grammar again.

I believe I'll ignore you from now on. You're a broken record, not worth my attention. You insist on living in the past, holding onto anger from something that happened to Stan Shuffett years ago. It gets old.
In others words, you are trying to imply that statement doesnít mean exactly what it does. The missing comma doesnít change the meaning of that statement.

Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball.

So you are implying the above statement doesnít mean this? Itís pretty straight forward. Nothing to interpret.

Last edited by duckie; 10-01-2019 at 04:20 AM.

Old
  (#87)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

10-01-2019, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Attachment 530969
i am not giving anyone grief.
we all know about the LONG feud between the cte people and the non believers
its just that it always seems to be the same cast of characters who tend to bicker
among themselves.
it gets old to those who dont get into the mix
(i stick my nose where it doesnt belong sometimes and it gets bloodied but i havent learned my lesson yet.......)
to me the the quote about never miss a ball again
I see that as alittle hyperbole and not get so bent out of shape about it .
because imo most sane people realize that NO ONE will never miss a ball
i dont think its a felony offense
jmho
icbw

Old
  (#88)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

10-01-2019, 04:40 AM

lets look at this thread
the op wanted to know about the release of stans book and video.
it digressed to you and b 21 bickering
unfortunately thats what happens ,,,, eventually the non beleivers and the cte people start feuding
i have tried to broker peace by suggesting both sides let the other side live in peace
and leave each other alone
but i have not had much success.......

Old
  (#89)
BC21
Poolology

10-01-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie View Post
In others words, you are trying to imply that statement doesn’t mean exactly what it does. The missing comma doesn’t change the meaning of that statement.

Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball.

So you are implying the above statement doesn’t mean this? It’s pretty straight forward. Nothing to interpret.
I thought it was pretty straight forward also. There is no missing comma. Mastering something means you can do it consistently with excellence. So if one truly masters aiming it is plausible that they could never miss a shot. It doesn't matter if no one has been able to do it -- the possibility is still a reality.

Yet still 2 or 3 people here misinterpret the statement as if there were a comma. They assume it means, With this system you'll master aiming, because with this system you'll never miss another ball. And that is not what it says.

Most people can understand and fill in the missing implied words, such as: YOU CAN master the art of aiming and THEREFORE never miss another ball. That should be the mindset of any pool player that wants to improve, regardless of which aiming method you prefer.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 10-01-2019 at 05:39 AM.

Old
  (#90)
Low500
AzB Silver Member

10-01-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
i am not giving anyone grief.
we all know about the LONG feud between the cte people and the non believers
its just that it always seems to be the same cast of characters who tend to bicker
among themselves.
it gets old to those who dont get into the mix
(i stick my nose where it doesnt belong sometimes and it gets bloodied but i havent learned my lesson yet.......)
to me the the quote about never miss a ball again
I see that as alittle hyperbole and not get so bent out of shape about it .
because imo most sane people realize that NO ONE will never miss a ball
i dont think its a felony offense
jmho
icbw
I'm not going to just sit and let the "chosen few" have their way in stating that when Stan teaches that CTE takes care of any adjustments, throw, or guesswork...they get to merrily say it is a bunch of hooey.
I'm saying over and over that this poolology cover claim is a bunch of hooey and NOBODY WILL EVER GET TO THE POINT WHERE THEY NEVER MISS A BALL. Poolology won't do it, ghostball won't do it, CTE won't do it, NO SYSTEM will ever do that. And nobody will ever MASTER AIMING,,they will still miss balls. Mosconi did, Greenleaf did, Buddy Hall did, Alex The Lion does, Dennis O. does..they ALL do. And poolology or cte or xyz or bdef or physics or protractors or math or positive thinking will not change that. To say it will, is a lie.
It ain't never happened and it never will happen....evahhhhhhhhhh.
You better believe I'm watching this Brian Crist and his poolology like a hawk and every time he misses a ball and gets beat...you will hear about it from me. Now he's crawfishing with "that's not what it really meant", "you don't understand grammar", and other "qualifiers"...(sounds like a politician, to me, when they get caught...."you're taking me out of context"). I say bullfeathers.
He has me on ignore so it won't bother him, but I will proclaim to the rest of the pool world, in this limited area, about not being fooled by those claims made on the cover of that book. (in my opinion the stuff on the inside isn't too much better...just an amateur teaching amateurs to be amateurs is what I think)
You are free to put me on ignore as well. I will continue to speak the truth about the lie of any aiming system that proclaims: "Master Aiming and never miss another ball"
Name:  Aiming Lie.JPG
Views: 55

Last edited by Low500; 10-01-2019 at 05:59 AM.

Page 6 of 7 « First 456 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: