Player: Too Much Pool

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
AZB Appreciation

The first time I signed up for pool in league or tournaments, it became an addiction.

Now I just want to enjoy pool. The biggest challenge about enjoying pool, is appreciating my time playing pool.

I used to think the more pool I play the better I get. False, it just made me unhappy because I was focused on what I need to be doing, instead of what I enjoy doing.

I enjoy all the new and strange people at the pool hall, making shots during a match and wanting to return next week and try again.

The sensation of wanting to return next week is important. Instead of just drowning all my time on a pool table, I prefer to really think about what I can do and what I can improve easily.

The 14.1 section on AZ has upgraded by software in that aspect. It will take awhile for my physical skills to reflect that.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
You see new, and strange, people at your pool hall? You're lucky. All I see is old, and strange, at mine.
Like the great Walter Hagen always said sometimes, you've got to stop and smell the Lilacs. A person can wear out their welcome at most anything, and pool is no exception.
Just be grateful you're not trying to make a living at it. :smile:

ric23

no stroke!!!
Silver Member
You see new, and strange, people at your pool hall? You're lucky. All I see is old, and strange, at mine.
Like the great Walter Hagen always said sometimes, you've got to stop and smell the Lilacs. A person can wear out their welcome at most anything, and pool is no exception.
Just be grateful you're not trying to make a living at it. :smile:

Greenies to you sir but you're, as expected, maxed out!

IMHO, you can set little milestones on drills or balls ran. It'll give you a bit of perspective and maybe, maybe, slow you down a bit, to smell the Lilacs as tramp said.