This is why I like teaching people

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A new player got to the hotseat of our local tournament. I love seeing people get better that I helped out, I keep hoping that the newer players get good enough to start beating those of us that seem to end up in the top 1-2-3 all the time.

It's funny how the few really regular players in the tournament we have are the couple of D and C players that are learning, not the good players that are there all the time for league on other days. Even though those lower level players pretty much never cash they are there every week.

One of the other players there said he beat a good player in league because of a few things I showed him about his approach to the table and stance. He was adjusting a lot in the shot stance and had a jerky stroke, I told him to think about the shot and aim it before getting down, then smooth out the stoke and follow through. These guys are 5-10 years older than me but he was exited to tell me he beat the better player like a 15 year old LOL

ric23

no stroke!!!
Silver Member
A new player got to the hotseat of our local tournament. I love seeing people get better that I helped out, I keep hoping that the newer players get good enough to start beating those of us that seem to end up in the top 1-2-3 all the time.

It's funny how the few really regular players in the tournament we have are the couple of D and C players that are learning, not the good players that are there all the time for league on other days. Even though those lower level players pretty much never cash they are there every week.

One of the other players there said he beat a good player in league because of a few things I showed him about his approach to the table and stance. He was adjusting a lot in the shot stance and had a jerky stroke, I told him to think about the shot and aim it before getting down, then smooth out the stoke and follow through. These guys are 5-10 years older than me but he was exited to tell me he beat the better player like a 15 year old LOL

greenies to you but of course you're maxed out!
Good for you. I hope that inspires you more to teach and be patient with us!
Now come and teach me! lol

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I like teaching girls between the ages of eighteen and twenty-four. I don't know why that is. It must be due to the caring nature I inherited from my family.
I take after my Mom, you know. As a matter-of-fact my first name Tramp was the nickname my Dad would use when talking about her. What a loving couple.
My last name Steamer, of course, is an old Indian name for what a dog does when he is first let out of the teepee on a cold frosty morning. Yut-ta-hey, my friends.
Anyway, I've forgotten what the hell we were talking about so good luck in what ever it is you're doing. :D

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
greenies to you but of course you're maxed out!
Good for you. I hope that inspires you more to teach and be patient with us!
Now come and teach me! lol

Did I already ask you where you are in SoCal?