Earl vs Sky...Score?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
33-16 Sky

According to FB, Score is 33:16 Sky
It was a disaster also for the promoter MMP. Stream was horrible and many wanted refunds
Earl was breaking bad while Sky had the break down pat

sce.jpg

mmp1.JPG

el-camino-breaking-bad-movie-poster-480x600.png

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
There's still a lot of pool to be played.

Hopefully Earl will figure out something on his break, and get back in the hunt.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sky 33 earl 16, mmp -9999

After this I don't see how they pull off another match. I haven't heard one person that was able to watch.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the Internet was messed up all across North Texas last night. I cussed the whole match. But when I started watching YouTube videos after, they wouldn't play right ether.

I may drive over Sunday and watch them in person. But as much as I would like to see Earl in person. I can't stand to see him complaining about every little thing going on around him.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was this intended to be streamed with a handheld device, no tripods? Whoever was holding the cellphone may have been drunk, that would account for most of the camera movement.
I've seen better streaming on a guys FB page for a 15 minute match at my local APA with a drunk holding his cellphone. A few times he turned the phone to show himself taking a guzzle of his beer. And he only dropped it once, (the phone, not the beer).

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Streaming should be left to people who actually know what they are doing and have the equipment and bandwidth to do it.

These "fly by night" streams are a "crap shoot" and I wouldn't spend a dime in order to "attempt" to view one.

You don't set the match up and the venue without first going to the venue and setting up and making sure everything works first.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the Internet was messed up all across North Texas last night. I cussed the whole match. But when I started watching YouTube videos after, they wouldn't play right ether.

I may drive over Sunday and watch them in person. But as much as I would like to see Earl in person. I can't stand to see him complaining about every little thing going on around him.
Possibly just your provider, as the internet was working fine for me last night (DFW area).

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

To hell with the reception....I need to know more about the cue in your avatar pic.
....and more pics, please.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What????

Streaming should be left to people who actually know what they are doing and have the equipment and bandwidth to do it.

These "fly by night" streams are a "crap shoot" and I wouldn't spend a dime in order to "attempt" to view one.

You don't set the match up and the venue without first going to the venue and setting up and making sure everything works first.

It takes a lot of work and effort to pull off these matches and provide the stream. I was there when BigTruck started and it takes work, so if the guy had some problems and he did, so what, the technology is the problem and he'll get it worked out.

I'll support anybody who does the work to bring content and action, we all should.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
To hell with the reception....I need to know more about the cue in your avatar pic.
....and more pics, please.

It is the Third Catalog #17 shown on Tate's Palmer Collector website with the dots in the collars.

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't Earl and Sky play not too long ago?

It was around the time Shane and Shaw played?

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to see Sky step up and play a real match with some of the world class players like Kaci, Kevin Cheng, or James Aranas.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member

Ya think :thumbup:. It's not hard to set your equipment up, run some test, tax that bandwidth, try different protocols and see what happens.
Now if you know nothing about your ISP, your equipment, etc..it's probably a crap shoot and you should hire someone.
I could do it in less than 30 min. How much could it possibly cost to find a local guy, and pay him for an hr. Even if it was a couple hundred bucks.
Most of these guys have no background in IT if I had to guess, and they are winging it.
That's how it appears to me anyway.
They destroy/create distrust in there customers right from the get go.
The threads and post of people *****ing about streams is endless, yet it happens time and time again.
Surely they are aware of all this negative feedback.....?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Now if you know nothing about your ISP, your equipment, etc..it's probably a crap shoot ...
Evidently their ISP is their phone company's data plan through their smarty-phone according to a post above. I had to survive like that for a year before I got fiber to the home. I often had as low as 100 kbits/second from MetroPCS. "4G" -- right.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody know the current score?

66-25 I believe. Sky winning. Whole thing has been a disaster. Everything from bad stream on the first day that was buffering every 10 seconds, guy in charge of the event literally threatening to murder people on Facebook, Earls mental health issues on full display being mic’ed up. He said Skylers break was making it too easy so they changed the rules mid match and both players now have to break head on. Both players breaking dry now. I couldn’t even watch. Been popping in and out of the stream. Hope Sky is getting paid well for this exhibition, cause it’s obvious they are not the legit action matches like being advertised.