SBE 14.1 Challenge Dates/Location

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charlie, you definately can't leave the balls and wait. What Dennis mentioned for Marc Vidal was that he was down to his breakball and they marked the cueball and breakball only on the table with something, a little round sticky or something, then the next day or whenever they placed the 2 balls on the marks, not all the balls.

Kev

Im not trying to be difficult here either guys when i say this as i am all for figuring out a way to help out our top people but lets say marc vidal does it then john schmidt then bobby chamberlain than thorsten hohmann hypothetically wouldnt i then have four sets of dots on the table?

Like i said i am all for this however i do want the tables kept open for people who are going to be taking their runs.

Charlie

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Charlie, you definately can't leave the balls and wait. What Dennis mentioned for Marc Vidal was that he was down to his breakball and they marked the cueball and breakball only on the table with something, a little round sticky or something, then the next day or whenever they placed the 2 balls on the marks, not all the balls.

Kev

Right. I wasn't clear. Bob Jewett had some tailor's chalk and came over and marked the cue ball and break ball and that was it.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
I completely understand where you guys are coming from. Now what about the amateur players who have a TAP match to go play in or the guys in trick shot matches. While I want to remain as fair as possible to everyone we also have to take into consideration the other people that will be playing in this event as well. I am very open to suggestions and look forward to hearing them. I understand for the top guys and gals time management at an event like this and the derby can be a pain in the ass. I do want the top level people to play in this event but I do not want to have a guy taking a run or two and then a day later going ok i will finish now.

Let me know what you think guys via pm.

Charlie

Charlie: At Derby everyone was given the opportunity to stop when they wanted. In fact, some were encouraged to stop for a bit and let someone else who was waiting for an hour get in.

Best not to write anything in stone and ad lib. The last day got busy people looking in, calling, leaving cell numbers, etc. Archer, Charlie Williams, last minute runs, the year before Mika, Thorsten, coming and going, Danny, etc. Best to keep it open, I think. Talk to Bob. He did it a long time.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis I think you hit the nail on the head with that. Im going to talk to Bob and see what he thinks.