Old
  (#16)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-12-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Amato View Post
I thought I would give an update on my progress on finding center cue ball. I used the time tested method of up and down the table to test my method, looking for the slightest amount of side spin. As I said in my initial post, I would without fail have the slightest amount of left on the cb, which precluded the cb coming back to my tip. After hours of time given to correct this flaw. I am pleased to say that the advice given by
Nine Ball 6970 of trying a different head position, seems at the present time, to be the answer. Usually I would get down low on the shot and it felt very comfortable for me to do this. So what I did was to not change anything but the height of my head over the shot, keeping everything else the same. Sort of similar to the height used by the older players like Mosconi, Ray Martin, etc. more of an upright position. To my surprise, even though it felt terribly weird and uncomfortable, I found myself hitting center cb doing the up and down the table test. Did this for hours with no break down. I then shot some stop shots and follow shots at various distances and liked the results of that.

I must say it is going to take a lot of time to incorporate this elevated, more upright position in my game, but I am willing to give it a go. I just hope that what Fran Crimi said about gravitating back to my dominant eye doesn't happen over time. This is a major adjustment for me at this time of my pool playing career, but I have never been a person who was afraid of change. I will repost this in a year to let you know how it held up. I hope this thread will help others that have had this problem.
Glad to hear that. Stick with it. It is uncomfortable at first because it so different from what you have ingrained. When I move my head an inch it feels like a foot. Trust it and then put a good stroke on the ball. With practice it will feel comfortable. You are willing to put in the work needed which is awesome.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: