Congratulations to the members of the AZBilliards 14.1 Forum

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would just like to take this moment to congratulate all of you on this momentous occasion. The money has been overnighted along with your vendor contract to Allen Hopkins for the first ever Super Billiards Expo 14.1 Challenge. We are going to be downstairs I have been told in booths L3 , L4, L8 , and L9. We have four booths

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all of you for showing your unwavering support.

First and foremost a thank you to Steve Kurtz for thinking this whole thing up. His tenacity for 14.1 I can say is unmatched and I have had the pleasure of watching him grow within the game and look forward to his eventual appearance and win at the 2012-2015 World Straight Pool Championships (Move over Thorsten lol)

To Diamond Billiard Products for the incredible use of the best playing table on the planet as well as bridges balls racks and ball cleaners.

To Bob Jewett for starting us off and getting the ball rolling and of course his most generous thousand dollar donation.

To Kevin Vidal who provided massive logistical support and definitely helped me personally during the planning stages of this event.

To Pete Tonkin Custom Cues for their donation of an incredible custom creation valued at 1500 dollars that all of us are foaming at the mouth to see at the expo.

To Sterling Fury and of course Milliken Cloth for their incredible donation of $500.00 as well some other awesome cross promotions during the event as well.

To Allen Hopkins for all that he has done for our sport and of course throwing us a free booth to get this challenge going. That extra thousand dollar savings was detrimental in making this event happen.

And most importantly to all of you who as i said have showed unwavering support for this game of 14.1 and of course this event. Your donations were key in making this event happen and without them we would not be able to be doing the event at all.

Thank you all and I look forward to seeing you guys there.

Charlie

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
I'll second all that and say thanks to Charlie for his efforts. I'm excited about this and I'm anxious to get out there and give it a try. It never ceases to amaze me what a few determined people can accomplish.

Now, I just have to find my game in the next three weeks. I must've left it laying around somewhere...

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll second all that and say thanks to Charlie for his efforts. I'm excited about this and I'm anxious to get out there and give it a try. It never ceases to amaze me what a few determined people can accomplish.

Now, I just have to find my game in the next three weeks. I must've left it laying around somewhere...

I know that feeling every now and again my game and my stroke will send me a post card from far off places. Lucky bastards must be nice to just come and go as they please lol.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Kudos

Kudos to you and Steve. You've done a really cool thing to help promote 14.1.

Take plenty of pictures and videos if you can. I was thinking of sneaking over to Philly for the weekend, but it turns out that it is our 10th Anniversary that weekend and I know I couldn't get away with it.

If you have a flyer or announcement with prizes, format, etc. somewhere you could direct me to, I will cut and paste and put on the Illinois Straight Pool Club's facebook page. I bet Harold Simonsen would put it up on Pool and Billiards webmag, too.

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can someone please explain the format of the Challenge?

What is the cost? do i need to pay sending a money order like registering for any other VF event? or can I just pay at the venue?

Is it gonna be the same type of Challenge as in the DCC?

Thank you

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Can someone please explain the format of the Challenge?

What is the cost? do i need to pay sending a money order like registering for any other VF event? or can I just pay at the venue?

Is it gonna be the same type of Challenge as in the DCC?

Thank you

Charlie, thank you for all the sweat putting this together, I am glad I could do all I could to help you guys out. Its going to be a great event and boost for the game!

Marc, the first 3 days will be qualifying days, $25 to try and qualify into the final 8 scores for the final day. You can enter the qualifier as many times as you want, $25 each entry.

The qualifying format is the average of 5 scores that you will attemp for your $25 qualifier entry. 5 attempts taking ball in hand and setting up a breakball with the remaining 14 balls racked, run balls until you miss or foul, average of your 5 attempts makes your qualifying score.

Final 8 players with 8 top average scores enter final day single elimination 100 point tourney, finals to 150.

Kev

Last edited:

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys this is sick. We have officially made the Hopkins Website for the Super Billiards Expo. I am so thrilled this is actually happening and I cant wait to see everyone there.

Charlie

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Guys,

I can't say thank you enough for all that you all are doing.

I cannot get over the fact that this is all happening, what has started put as a simple thought bubble floating over my head. Has exploded into a full blown event.

I am happy beyond belief and I can't wait to meet you all that can make it.

We are bringing my HD camera in hopes of getting some great footage of everyone. We would love to do a bang up job on DVD post production, so you all get to see some great action.

I owe a deep debt of gratitude to Charlie, without him I don't believe that this all would be possible. He has busted his ass on this since day 1.

Thanks again everyone,
steve

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
I live in the wrong billard-country -_-
Would love to be there, too- wish you all have a great time and also great games. Really amazing what ppl are able to do, if the willing is given!

lg overseas
Ingo

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in the wrong billard-country -_-
Would love to be there, too- wish you all have a great time and also great games. Really amazing what ppl are able to do, if the willing is given!

lg overseas
Ingo

Ingo would have loved to have seen you there buddy.

Charlie

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I think I will have to look ingo up if I ever make it back to Germany to visit my brother.

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
Great to see that this is officially a go!

And now that I know that, my check is in the mail.

Great job by everyone involved.