Derby City Pick-Up ~~ Searing

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I keeep saying pretty colors

The problem with a unhit Cue is well it is unhit!
Send it to me and I will help you out with that Mr Troy!
Lucky pick up for sure.
Nick :)

Last edited:

Teddy Harris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats and welcome to the club... They don't just look good they hit a ton.
Enjoy it in good health,
Dan Z
dansiphonepics258.jpg

Is that a 5 or 6-pointer with down points? Wooooowwwwwww! Didn't know he made one? Is that the only one, or are there more?

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen microscopic inlays laying around on Dennis' work bench. His work is as fine as most jewelers. He has nothing to prove.
+1
i've seen his microscopic inlays too. Just near his CNC mill with a "surgery cam" , at 5feet from the coffee machine ;) . and i had never seen 0.1mm mills before...
impressive.

Last edited:

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Little remark? Well ok. If you think so but I'd guess that "little" remark looms LARGE in exposing the "little" amount of knowledge you must have regarding that type of work as well another's use of their superior technique in executing it. What would have been less revealing is you saying something like "Wow! That's hard to believe he could do that!... Yeah, Try that next time

I'm gonna make all of this much simpler..........Mr. Harris is a dumb a$$

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea

I agree with JIMMY RK, it's really sad to see Mr. Harris act like this
cause he really does make a nice looking cue and from what I heard
at a reasonable price.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea

I agree with JIMMY RK, it's really sad to see Mr. Harris act like this
cause he really does make a nice looking cue and from what I heard
at a reasonable price.

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
When you make a cue every other day as he stated they are cheap as the market is flooded with them! The better cue makers only make a few per year

cue manufacturing

I really appreciate all the comments. I will closed for two months at the first of the year as we are moving into our new 20,000 square foot manufacturing facility. Thanks to everyone for supporting us for the last 26 Years.
Best wishes
R Harris

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have zero skin in this game......and I'd love to own a Searing and sure, in the past, I even questioned what distinguishes his workmanship from any other top name cue-maker.....and I got a lot of scorn and rebuke from my post too. In any event, Dennis is indeed one of the greats.

So Mr. Harris comes along....the same fellow who has offered a free cue raffle at Chritsmas to AZ members for the past 4-5 years......and expresses his own views about the way the cue was built. I do not know enough about cue-making to take sides but I do know that demeaning his skills as a cue-maker is an insult to all of his customers. I look at it this way, if he produces 180 cues a year. That's just 3 batches of 5 cues every month to get started.......7-8-9 months later the first batch of 15 cues is done while every intervening month witnessed a new batch of 15 cues getting started. When you have the backlog of cues to produce, doing this every month becomes routine.

I do not know how many hours annually any cue-maker invests in making pool cues as so many do this as a sideline to their primary career or vocation. I know that Ed Prewitt produces a small annual volume of cues as does Joel Hercek and Dennis Searing. How many hours annually that involves I haven't the foggiest notion. But I also assume that Mr. Harris puts in a lot more hours annually than these other cue-makers which is a big factor in terms of volume.

To the very best of my recollection, I have yet to read any adverse comments from any of Mr. Harris's customers criticizing his customer demeanor, communications or the cue they had made. To my way of thinking, that's a good thing in consideration of the number of cues he's built that he's now critiqued & criticized about. He also seems to want to pay it forward so to speak these past consecutive years with his Christmas pool cue giveaway......I also think he has created some great sleeve designs too.

Anyway, let's all take a deep breath and try to pay attention to more important things....like finding me a mid 18 oz. flat ivory joint Joel Hercek cue that someone will bring to a 2017 cue show in Las Vegas so I can buy the darn thing. I have to do another mandatory IRA withdrawal next year so might as well invest it in another cue but I have to be outside CA in order to do any deal......"Viva Las Vegas!"

Happy Halloween,

Matt B.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Vinnie's Hercek cue has so much appeal.......beautiful sleeve design with a weight of 18.8 ozs.
I am just intent on getting another flat ivory joint cue which is why I traded my Mottey pool cue
to help pay for my EP cue....Joel didn't produce a lot of flat ivory cues but they're out there.