Display Case

Zeek

Cue Freek
Silver Member
Here's some pics of a display case I had a friend build for me.

Case020.jpg

Case008.jpg

Case009.jpg

Case011.jpg

Case017.jpg

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I like the looks of your cue display case and it brings up a question i've wondered about. What is the best way to store custom cues? I don't see a thing wrong with your case or for leaving cues in a cue case in the closet, but which is better I don't know.

I had a friend who was a cue dealer who had a couple of cases built similar to yours except his were long enough for the butt and shaft to be screwed together so you were looking at the whole cue. His cases had plexiglass doors on them and a light inside to accent the cues. The light looked good in his cue cases, but it dried out his cues and caused some of the them to warp. It gradually took all of the moisture out of the wood.

James

Zeek

Cue Freek
Silver Member
I guess a temperature-controlled vault would be the ultimate storage facility, but I want to be able to see the cues once in awhile instead of being put away in a case or vault all the time. This one has a beveled glass door with no light inside. It's in my basement, so I can control temperatures and humidity levels.

I take 'em out to "breathe" sometimes;)

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess a temperature-controlled vault would be the ultimate storage facility, but I want to be able to see the cues once in awhile instead of being put away in a case or vault all the time. This one has a beveled glass door with no light inside. It's in my basement, so I can control temperatures and humidity levels.

I take 'em out to "breathe" sometimes;)

WOW, i love it :thumbup:
I am searching for a display case for me since some time, but didn´t find something. THIS ONE WOULD IT BE :eek:
Do you thing there is a chance yor friend would do another one :confused:
Erich

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
Nice case!... I had one similar that was 18 butt 36 shaft with 3 glass front doors no light. I stored cues in it for a couple of years with no problems at all.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice Case Todd, very classy. It will look awesome when you add your Showman to your already extremely nice collection.

Take Care
-don