Looking for pool room guidelines to post on wall...

Quatsch83

Learner
Silver Member
Figured I'd check here before I make one myself.

Anybody have or know of where I could find a one-page document with basic pool room etiquette suitable for posting on walls?

Just had our student lounge's pool table all fixed up. New house cues, new balls, new felt, new rails...the works. We spent about $1000 in total and I'd like to keep it as nice as possible.

So if you've got something please share it :) I imagine others will find is useful as well.

If you don't have anything...what would you put on a 1-page, easy-to-read sheet?

blah blah

Shoebat
My favorite sign by far is in every pool room:

No Gambling.

(lolololol)

Sorry, I'm feeling pretty humorous this morning.

Quatsch83

Learner
Silver Member
My favorite sign by far is in every pool room:

No Gambling.

(lolololol)

Sorry, I'm feeling pretty humorous this morning.

That one goes without saying.....only because grad students can't afford to gamble.... :D EDIT: Rather, they don't have anything to gamble with that anyone else would want

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
As posted in the room I play in:
sign%20sexual%20harrasment.jpg

blah blah

Shoebat
ok ok

That one goes without saying.....only because grad students can't afford to gamble.... :D EDIT: Rather, they don't have anything to gamble with that anyone else would want

: ) My outdated copy of "Tax Systems of Western Europe" against your outdated copy of "Communism and the Domino Crisis"? : )

Since we all think we're funny here, and since google isn't coming up with any easy offers, I'll take an honest stab at the things that are usually on the signs for casual players:

No food or drinks on or near the pool table
No sitting on or against the table
No jump or masse shots
No acrobatics or twirling of cues
25 cents to the house for every ball knocked off of the table.

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
: )

Since we all think we're funny here, and since google isn't coming up with any easy offers, I'll take an honest stab at the things that are usually on the signs for casual players:

No food or drinks on or near the pool table
No sitting on or against the table
No jump or masse shots
No acrobatics or twirling of cues
25 cents to the house for every ball knocked off of the table.

I'll add to it a bit of wisdom from an unnamed room owner:
If you're going to have sex on the table, make sure you're completely on the slate so you don't mess up the rails.