All Japan Championships

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
There was talk here that Shane might not be playing this year
because of the Mosconi Cup, that's why I said great to see Shane playing.
Something to do with team bonding or something like that.

He should have brought the team with him. lol.

maestro de pool

Focus Concetration Nerves
Silver Member
The All Japan Championships Qualifying rounds start tomorrow with the main event starting on Thursday (Japan time).

Stream and other links

Brackets

This year Johnny Archer and Rodney Morris join Shane as representatives from the US.

Thanks for the info.Its always great to watch the All Japan Championships imo its the toughest world tour absolutely A level,top of the cream players:thumbup:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Monsters, Beasts

The All Japan Championships Qualifying rounds start tomorrow with the main event starting on Thursday (Japan time).

Stream and other links

Brackets

This year Johnny Archer and Rodney Morris join Shane as representatives from the US.
Thanks Looking forward to this, Enjoyed last years event
Wow, strong field of monsters and beasts. Interesting that Niels and none of Euro MC team are playing. Looks like Euro MC also prepping hard for MC. Which means if current no.2 ranked Shane gets into last 32 he will overtake Niels and take over WPA No. 1 ranking. If current no. 3 Chang Yu Lung gets into quarterfinals he will overtake Niels as No.1

Monsters & Beasts
Shane
Archer
Rodney

Thorsten
Raj Hundal
Ralf
Mika
Daryl Peach
Babica

Waleed Majid
Johann Chua
Antonio Lining
Jeff de Luna
Biado
Kiamco
Orcullo
Lee van
Gallego
Jeff Ignacio

Plus Taiwan players like Kos, Changs, and Japanese players like Akagariyama, Oi should be there :grin:
Wang Can

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's supposed to be a Mosconi team event in Illinois on Nov. 25 - I couldn't figure out when this was scheduled to be over.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Mark Wilson had told me that SVB wasn't going. Guess that changed.

Someone else also posted the entire European Mosconi Cup team would be in Japan. Guess tag changed as well.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-10 ball (probably only major international 10 ball tourney left aside from the on-off W10B)
-Winners break
-Race to 9 early rounds
-Main event 128 players (Prelimianary stage 100+ players fighting for about 20 places in the Main event)

The format and game is in Shane's zone , he has the momentum from WPM win and can end year as number if he gets into KO stages like last 32 and above-So hard for Shane to miss this event :D

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
I don't see many big matches in the first round of the main event, but in the second round there are a couple big matches lined up assuming they defeat their first round opponent.

Antonio Lining vs Shane Van Boening (Lining has been playing really good as of late)
Lo Li Wen vs Jeffery De Luna
Tanaka Masaaki vs Johnny Archer
Dennis Orcullo vs Ko Pin Chun (again, lol)
Akagariyama Yukio vs Ramil Gallego

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all the chinese guys present, this might be a tougher field than the recent 9b U.S open.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I think you're not realizing something here.

Semi's are not enough for Chang Yu Lung to take high points... He needs to at least get to the finals since 950 of his current points are from last years all japan open.

If Shane gets to top 17, then the finals won't be enough to take top spot for Chang... He'd need to win the whole thing. If Shane gets ninth or better, then Chang can't take the top spot for 2014.

Jaden

Last edited:

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
With all the chinese guys present, this might be a tougher field than the recent 9b U.S open.

I'm pretty sure most recognize it as a tougher field than the US Open. All of the players in the main event are pros seeded by WPA or JPBA rankings. The qualifiers are full of pros who didn't make the cut in the rankings and top amateurs who might as well be pros.

You could probably consider this a de facto World 10 Ball Championship. Considering the actual event hasn't been held for a few years.

The Japan Open held in August is probably a more equivalent event to the US Open.

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
obviously, the WPA doesn't think so...

I'm pretty sure most recognize it as a tougher field than the US Open. All of the players in the main event are pros seeded by WPA or JPBA rankings. The qualifiers are full of pros who didn't make the cut in the rankings and top amateurs who might as well be pros.

You could probably consider this a de facto World 10 Ball Championship. Considering the actual event hasn't been held for a few years.

The Japan Open held in August is probably a more equivalent event to the US Open.

Not that I put all that much stock in the WPA but obviously the WPA doesn't think so, since they award it only half the points...

Jaden