20180412_165630.jpg

20180412_165652.jpg
looking for value to sell

Last edited:

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can not

I can not tell you the value of it today but if you want I can PM you what I paid for it from Paul Mottey.

I will say this the only reason I don't have it today is because I was offered a mint condition Hercek and cash. That might put in perspective something about the value .

diverbones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the input i just need to get an approximate value so i can sell it. have 30 cues im selling. but been out of the loop for 6 years and have no idea what they are worth anymore.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
thanks for the input i just need to get an approximate value so i can sell it. have 30 cues im selling. but been out of the loop for 6 years and have no idea what they are worth anymore.

It looks like you have some pretty good name cues, not sure how you plan on going about it and although im trying to get out of the cue dealing i'll help you out if I can. Feel free to pm me a list of what you have or if you really want some good insight you can shoot Don a message and maybe he can help with the higher end cues...he may or may not be interested in some himself but hes a great guy for that kind of stuff http://forums.azbilliards.com/member.php?u=52562

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is worth whatever you think it is worth, even if & when you can't sell it for that amount.
Worth is how the seller views it but what you actually can get is how the buyer sees it.
The two aren't necessarily incompatible but it's really seldom both are truly the same.

Last edited:

Rverend H

START WITH A GOOD RACK
Silver Member
Beautiful cue

You have quite a few good looking cues in your collection.
I hope the community helps you out with some pricing.
But I sure love this cue!
PM sent with a healthy offer.

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is worth whatever you think it is worth, even if & when you can't sell it for that amount.
Worth is how the seller views it but what you actually can get is how the buyer sees it.
The two aren't necessarily incompatible but it's really seldom both are truly the same.

While what you say above may be true to a certain extent, it's pretty clear the OP is looking for "fair market value" as opposed to what the cue might be personally "worth" to him.

And I'm sure (at least I hope) you'd agree that "fair market value" is not ever "whatever (the seller) thinks it's worth".

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If and when a seller can remain emotionally detached from the sale of a custom cue,
the sale likely happens faster and I think Mia hit the nail on the head dead center too.

Sellers "tend" to over value the worth of their cue in relationship to what the secondary
resale market thinks the cue should and would sell for......sellers all too often overprice.

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sellers have to overprice anymore with the low ball offers people throw out nowadays. It makes sense to overprice and then take the lowball offer closest to your bottom line.