I bought a Cuetec

Quatsch83

Learner
Silver Member
Hey there, I'm new here.

I'm a complete noob and got a good deal on a Cuetec Python. This is my first cue. Unfortunately, I stumbled on these forums after ordering the cue (it should arrive tomorrow) and found your guys' stellar Cuetec reviews.

Anyway, feel free to berate me and call me names. I figure it will be perfectly great for learning to play, and then if I stick with the game I'll upgrade at some point.

Cheers

Q

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about the cue. Learn to play then move up. No one should buy the best right away.

I started with a Meucci
moved to Joss,
Predator,
now a high end Jerry Olivier custom.

Enjoy the progression that is how you learn.;)

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quatsch83 said:
Hey there, I'm new here.

I'm a complete noob and got a good deal on a Cuetec Python. This is my first cue. Unfortunately, I stumbled on these forums after ordering the cue (it should arrive tomorrow) and found your guys' stellar Cuetec reviews.

Anyway, feel free to berate me and call me names. I figure it will be perfectly great for learning to play, and then if I stick with the game I'll upgrade at some point.

Cheers

Q

I think Cuetec feeds on the unaware by getting pros like Allison Fisher and Earl Strictland to promote their sticks. Don't overlook that they do have advantages. If you accidently leave a cuetec in your car for 6 months it probably wont warp too bad :D

Quatsch83

Learner
Silver Member
kryptonite9 said:
Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about the cue. Learn to play then move up. No one should buy the best right away.

Thanks...I've learned the same thing after years of bowling and golf. Good equipment in amateur hands is worthless ;)

gajga

Registered
I got my first cue for twenty bucks at a pawn shop (that price included the case!).

The shaft was less than smooth.

It also had screw-on tips (which I deemed very convenient).

You'll be fine.

Quatsch83

Learner
Silver Member
TheNewSharkster said:
I think Cuetec feeds on the unaware by getting pros like Allison Fisher and Earl Strictland to promote their sticks. Don't overlook that they do have advantages. If you accidently leave a cuetec in your car for 6 months it probably wont warp too bad :D

Allison and Earl are certainly great...but they were great well before their Cuetec days.

But seriously, they certainly must spend a fortune in advertising because it seems that is all there ever is on ESPN. I don't have a car, though....what if I leave it on my bike rack? :p

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
Quatsch83 said:
As a beginner, you should be fine. Just consult us before you upgrade later on ;)

Reading the above, I already love your sense of humour!

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TheNewSharkster said:

You are aware that Earl and Cuetec have parted company, right?

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quatsch83 said:
Allison and Earl are certainly great...but they were great well before their Cuetec days.

But seriously, they certainly must spend a fortune in advertising because it seems that is all there ever is on ESPN. I don't have a car, though....what if I leave it on my bike rack? :p

If memory serves me correctly Maxim magazine actually reviewed several cue stick. They put each one in a bathtub for a week. They were all warped to hell except the cuetec which came out straight.

Of course anybody that knows anything about anything should realize if you stick a piece of wood in water that is what will happen.

So its safe to say the cuetec will do fine on the back of your bike. Heck, you might be able to get it to double as a fishing pole or something :)

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pushout said:
You are aware that Earl and Cuetec have parted company, right?

I wasn't aware. I just recall seeing a cuetec patch on a shirt he was wearing on a video I watched from the 2005 9ball US open.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quatsch83 said:
Hey there, I'm new here.

Cheers

Q
I'll make you feel better.

Three years ago, I was in the same situation you're in right now. I was new to the game and before discovering AZbilliards I bought myself a Scorpion cue (similar to a Cuetec with the fiberglass shaft).

Three years and a pool table purchase later, I still play with that same cue.

I'll upgrade my cue...eventually. :)

gotgame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should be fine as long as you practice get good enough to pocket balls and move up my first cue was a lucasi then a couple different joss cues i now have a custom Diveney and custom Josey.

ps. dont let the cue get the better of you like it did Earl all those years its not the sword its the ninja.:D

Quatsch83

Learner
Silver Member
TheNewSharkster said:
If memory serves me correctly Maxim magazine actually reviewed several cue stick. They put each one in a bathtub for a week. They were all warped to hell except the cuetec which came out straight.

Of course anybody that knows anything about anything should realize if you stick a piece of wood in water that is what will happen.

So its safe to say the cuetec will do fine on the back of your bike. Heck, you might be able to get it to double as a fishing pole or something :)

That's pretty funny. I was going to do some ceiling painting in my house....perhaps I could just put the roller on the end of it....or maybe use it as a curtain rod.

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
Welcom aboard,

It ain't the arrow it's the Indian. A great stroke and a cuetec could conquer the world! Theoreticly.:D

Quatsch83

Learner
Silver Member
jsp said:
I'll make you feel better.

Three years and a pool table purchase later, I still play with that same cue.

I'll upgrade my cue...eventually. :)

So I can't upgrade my cue until I buy a table? :p

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
U should be fine with a cuetec for a while. Couple of years of playing and youll be able to appreciate a good stick.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nothing wrong with a cuetec! My high run in straight pool was with a cuetec Earl model jump break cue..............the run was 127 and out unfinished. I actually just played some real good 1P with it last Monday....I sold a playing cue out of my case and it was all I had to play with.....after 13 years the cue still plays great.

I have seen some of the best pool played by top flight players with $50 cues. Good luck with it....