Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Lawsuit in china: Brunswick billiards vs. Yalin ??????
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-29-2020, 12:21 PM

For those who don't know, many "name" brand products are made in the SAME factory where their knock-offs are also made. For instance real Nike running shoes are made during the day shifts at several large factories there and the knock-offs of those same shoes are made in the same factory on the night shift! Been there, seen that! The same thing applies to many "high quality" women's shoes, purses, etc. And the list goes on and on and on. And that's the name of that tune.

Almost all the tools and equipment you can buy at Harbor Freight come from China. Same with goods you buy at discount chains like Ross, Burlingame and TJ Max, all of whom sell knock-off products with name brands on them.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#17)
Geosnooker
AzB Silver Member
Geosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond repute

06-29-2020, 02:50 PM

One can’t paint China with a generic paint brush. Way too big and diverse. Their manufacturing sector swarmps anything in the West outside of the aerospace industry.

Our lab used to buy off the shelf microscopes from Switzerland for about 15k until the the early 1990’s. Now we can get Them from a Chinese supplier customized to our own specs for $6k ...Top notch quality.

Joy Chinese 8 ball tables are as good as any table I’ve played on Outside of a few high end British snooker tables.

There’s lots of ‘iffy’ Chinese goods at lower level products but decent, for the most part at higher levels. The key is to establish a contact via Alibaba or Aliexpress. Tell them what you want and let them find it.

Last edited by Geosnooker; 06-29-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Old
  (#18)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

06-29-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosnooker View Post
One can’t paint China with a generic paint brush. Way too big and diverse. Their manufacturing sector swarmps anything in the West outside of the aerospace industry.

Our lab used to buy off the shelf microscopes from Switzerland for about 15k until the the early 1990’s. Now we can get Them from a Chinese supplier customized to our own specs for $6k ...Top notch quality.

Joy Chinese 8 ball tables are as good as any table I’ve played on Outside of a few high end British snooker tables.

There’s lots of ‘iffy’ Chinese goods at lower level products but decent, for the most part at higher levels. The key is to establish a contact via Alibaba or Aliexpress. Tell them what you want and let them find it.
The BOC (Bank of China) is now buying up commercial jets from United, American and Southwest, and leasing them back to the respective airline companies. This is a way for the airlines to get additional cash, even though they got billions in the recent stimulus bills already. Why this is a little unsettling is that now China has ownership rights in many of our country's biggest airline companies. In other words they have us over a barrel with our ass exposed. If push comes to shove, they can control our airways and commercial travel. One more way China has outsmarted the current administration. They gain control/win using money, not guns. They are doing this all over Southeast Asia, loaning many billions to all the smaller countries in the area to prop up their economy. They've got liens on everybody if need be!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars

Old
  (#19)
Mustardeer
AzB Silver Member
Mustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond reputeMustardeer has a reputation beyond repute

06-29-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
The BOC (Bank of China) is now buying up commercial jets from United, American and Southwest, and leasing them back to the respective airline companies. This is a way for the airlines to get additional cash, even though they got billions in the recent stimulus bills already. Why this is a little unsettling is that now China has ownership rights in many of our country's biggest airline companies. In other words they have us over a barrel with our ass exposed. If push comes to shove, they can control our airways and commercial travel. One more way China has outsmarted the current administration. They gain control/win using money, not guns. They are doing this all over Southeast Asia, loaning many billions to all the smaller countries in the area to prop up their economy. They've got liens on everybody if need be!
If you do any business outside of Alibaba’s verified suppliers you gotta be very careful. There are many pro scammers who steal for a living. I spent a few years trying to get the 87 thousand back and learned a lot in the process. They are really good at what they do, I have a college degree and have started successful businesses. It can happen to anyone. A good rule of thumb, if you haven't met them in person assume all the stamps and signatures are fake. If you can’t see the goods with your own eyes they don’t exist. Boots on the ground is a must. They know you have no protection and will be at a huge disadvantage should you decide to fly out and look for them. Especially if you don’t speak Mandarin. The scammers who stole from me operate under a dozen different names and there are at least 8 other victims around the world I’m aware of. The most shocking part was when I placed ads in US looking for help how many emails I’ve gotten from the random Chinese responding to my ad saying “haha ha you stupid American this is hilarious!” or “this made my day so happy to hear you got fked!” Obviously there are countless of incredible Chinese people but the propaganda they are exposed to domestically is a thing and a large number of them hate Americans.

Playing Cue: Schon
Shafts: Revo 12.4
Break: Mezz power break II
Jump: Alex Brick
Case: Castillo butterfly
Chalk: Master

Old
  (#20)
Geosnooker
AzB Silver Member
Geosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond reputeGeosnooker has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustardeer View Post
If you do any business outside of Alibaba’s verified suppliers you gotta be very careful. There are many pro scammers who steal for a living. I spent a few years trying to get the 87 thousand back and learned a lot in the process. They are really good at what they do, I have a college degree and have started successful businesses. It can happen to anyone. A good rule of thumb, if you haven't met them in person assume all the stamps and signatures are fake. If you can’t see the goods with your own eyes they don’t exist. Boots on the ground is a must. They know you have no protection and will be at a huge disadvantage should you decide to fly out and look for them. Especially if you don’t speak Mandarin. The scammers who stole from me operate under a dozen different names and there are at least 8 other victims around the world I’m aware of. The most shocking part was when I placed ads in US looking for help how many emails I’ve gotten from the random Chinese responding to my ad saying “haha ha you stupid American this is hilarious!” or “this made my day so happy to hear you got fked!” Obviously there are countless of incredible Chinese people but the propaganda they are exposed to domestically is a thing and a large number of them hate Americans.
I personally don’t deal in thousands.Most I’ve had ‘out there’ is likely $300.. I’ve had a contact for about 15 years. I just tell him what I want...an electric guitar with these specs...$200. Next month a type of bicycle helmet...$9. Designer ‘whatever’...$25. A certain toy, etc. I’ve had zero problems.

I have no idea how they do it, I can get a custom part delivered for an electric guitar in the mail for $9, free shipping. Same thing here would be $75 if even available. Friend rebuilds cars for a hobby...uncanny what’s available from China.

Old
  (#21)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
The most shocking part was when I placed ads in US looking for help how many emails I’ve gotten from the random Chinese responding to my ad saying “haha ha you stupid American this is hilarious!” or “this made my day so happy to hear you got fked!” Obviously there are countless of incredible Chinese people but the propaganda they are exposed to domestically is a thing and a large number of them hate Americans.
I do feel bad for you, back in the day it was easy to steal from people who did not know.

First, did you wire transfer someone money that you do not know from business or personally?

YOUR FIRST/ MOST COSTLY MISTAKE AND NO RECOURSE FOR GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK.

EVERYONE: DO NOT WIRE MONEY TO CHINA UNLESS YOU HAVE A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE COMPANY!!! This is because there is no way to reverse a wire transfer.

TFT

TFT

Old
  (#22)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

06-30-2020, 06:47 AM

Dear TFT,

You started this thread. What exactly did you hear, and who from?

I did a google search on a lawsuit between Brunswick and Yalin and the only hit was this thread!

Old
  (#23)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
Dear TFT,

You started this thread. What exactly did you hear, and who from?

I did a google search on a lawsuit between Brunswick and Yalin and the only hit was this thread!
I know I started the thread. I stated what I heard.

A contact of mine in China at CPBA Cloth is who told me this. Is it true? That is what I am diggin for! We were chatting about how Brunswick got sold by their parent corporation. He told me : " Brunswick is suing Yalin." He gave no details. I assume the lawsuit is in China.

TFT

Old
  (#24)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

06-30-2020, 07:01 AM

Ha ha. My money is it’s a made up rumor...

Old
  (#25)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

06-30-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Ha ha. My money is it’s a made up rumor...
Have you seen all the products Yalin sells that look EXACTLY like Brunswick? They been knocking off the castings pockets and leg levelers for years. Not to mention they make and sell tables that look sooooo close to a GC6.

Weird part is that they are still doing business together. I just ordered a GC6 yesterday and no delays were mentioned.

I could see them making a rumor like that if they made pool tables I just asked him for more info to try to confirm it is not a rumor.

TFT

Old
  (#26)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

06-30-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Have you seen all the products Yalin sells that look EXACTLY like Brunswick? They been knocking off the castings pockets and leg levelers for years. Not to mention they make and sell tables that look sooooo close to a GC6.

Weird part is that they are still doing business together. I just ordered a GC6 yesterday and no delays were mentioned.

I could see them making a rumor like that if they made pool tables I just asked him for more info to try to confirm it is not a rumor.

TFT
Right, there have been GC copies since at least the 90's. That's when I personally first saw them. Brunswick knew this forever. For them to have gone into, and maintained for decades, business with the Chinese manufacturers, they must not have cared about it.

Old
  (#27)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

06-30-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Right, there have been GC copies since at least the 90's. That's when I personally first saw them. Brunswick knew this forever. For them to have gone into, and maintained for decades, business with the Chinese manufacturers, they must not have cared about it.
AMF made some very convincing copies since the 60's! The 3 knock off they made was REALLY close, so close that an actual Gold Crown top would work on it, castings were interchangeable. I am digging deeper with one of my other contacts in China.

TFT

Old
  (#28)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-30-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I got scammed out of $87000 by a Chinese “supplier” a few years ago. Since then every time I see the word China I get a bad feeling in my stomach.
Ummm….where was your Revo manufactured?

Asking for a friend.

Hope I didn't cause your stomach to feel bad.

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Cases: JB Ultimate Rugged 3x6, 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Old
  (#29)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

06-30-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Ummm….where was your Revo manufactured?

Asking for a friend.

Hope I didn't cause your stomach to feel bad.

Maniac
Revo is made in the USA Nice try though

Old
  (#30)
Maniac
2manyQ's
Maniac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond reputeManiac has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-30-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Revo is made in the USA Nice try though
I bet the $$$ ends up out-of-country though. I could be wrong...I've been wrong before.

Maniac

Playing cues: 2 Larry Vigus 60" customs, Jacoby D11 w/314-2
Break/jump cues: Larry Vigus 60"dedicated break, Jerico Stinger, Jacoby jump cue
Cases: JB Ultimate Rugged 3x6, 2 Sterling Wave 4x8's, Sterling butterfly

"I try to think, but nothing happens!" Curly Howard

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: