Be aware Cirzoke (cheater)

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
:angry:http://forums.azbilliards.com/search.php?searchid=10973081

I paid $400 to this guy last month but don`t receive Tacio Bautista cue that order from him. Contact him many times but he disappear.No credence guy. Let me very angry.

Don't be angry, just call your Credit Company that you funded your PayPal payment with and dispute the charge for non-delivery and it will be like it never happened.

Don't worry.

Be happy.

Kevin

petemoss

You play good!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I don't think it works that way with Paypal linked to a checking account and backed up with a credit card.
The credit card will only be used if there is not enough in the checking account. You have to contact Paypal right away if merchandise is not delivered. Then Paypal will try to recover the money for you unless the seller has already withdrawn the funds. But if you sent the funds as a gift, you're screwed.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I don't think it works that way with Paypal linked to a checking account and backed up with a credit card.
The credit card will only be used if there is not enough in the checking account. You have to contact Paypal right away if merchandise is not delivered. Then Paypal will try to recover the money for you unless the seller has already withdrawn the funds. But if you sent the funds as a gift, you're screwed.

Yeah, no.

Regardless of how many bank accounts you have linked, as long as you have no balance in your PayPal account you can choose any funding method you like. If you use a credit card, you can dispute the payment with to your credit card back, bypass PayPal's dispute process completely, and win 100% of the time. If you pay people you don't know and have never met, using some other method, well then you are dooming yourself to starting threads and venting about your lost dough.

What the recipient has done with the funds has zero effect on your recourse. If you do it right, you are 1005 dead-nuts lock protected.

Kevin

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I hope this helps. I'm the For Sale section moderator on BDN (Bilyar.net) in the Philippines and Cirzoke's name on BDN is "voicewriter". His name is Tim Filart.

I think he is an upstanding guy as far as I can tell although I have no direct knowledge of Tim. Something must have happened to prevent him from communicating. It has been raining and some floods in Manila lately.

I just sent voicewriter a PM on BDN. He plays in local BDN Tournaments also. On AZ he has listed as a friend Blackpearlmaker (Al Bautista) so maybe you can contact Al via PM. Maybe Al might know something. Al is a really good custom cuemaker in Manila and he is is a guy you can trust.

Another suggestion is to navigate to BDN and post a message for him there in my for sale section. You may have to register but it would be easy.

Just trying to help!

--Jeff

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Yeah, no.

Regardless of how many bank accounts you have linked, as long as you have no balance in your PayPal account you can choose any funding method you like. If you use a credit card, you can dispute the payment with to your credit card back, bypass PayPal's dispute process completely, and win 100% of the time. If you pay people you don't know and have never met, using some other method, well then you are dooming yourself to starting threads and venting about your lost dough.

What the recipient has done with the funds has zero effect on your recourse. If you do it right, you are 1005 dead-nuts lock protected.

Kevin

Great post Kevin, but it really gets old when you give people the correct information and others have to try and shoot you down.

Take care buddy.

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Kevin is 100 percent correct. I use Amex and they are fantastic . Can't say enough good things about their customer service.

petemoss

You play good!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Yeah, no.

Kevin

Thanks for that info, Kevin. I was not aware of that, but just checked with Paypal and you are correct. Wish I had known about funding via credit card. I lost $700 for a watch I never received and Paypal was not able to recover my money because I filed a dispute a few days too late.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Kevin

Good to know.

If you use the "gift" option when sending payment, but still use a credit card, is it still just as easy to dispute the payment and be refunded the money to your card?

clerks37

Pimp Master
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So what happens if someone sells a cue through PayPal, get payment, and ship it. Then the buyer disputes it saying they didn't get it when they did.

Does this come back on the seller even though the buyer committed fraud or does the credit card company eat it?

I ask because I want to sell a cue and this has concerned me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
you can't have it both ways....rip PayPal off of their fee and still get the protection...."gift" gets so abused on this site, and others I assume, it won't be around much longer.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Just don't use ''Gift'' if you feel uneasy about it.Somebody can get the item and
still file against you and win.Now your out the money and the merchandise and
basically your screwed.
Personally I've never had an issue(thank God) and hopefully never will.

Its really unfortunate when a couple of bad apples puts the kabosh
on a good thing.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I see, so someone has to pay the PayPal fees in order for the buyer to be able to get his payment reversed through his credit card company?

Yes, as a general rule, if you are seeking the protections offered by a business, don't be in the process of defrauding that business when you come looking for them to help you out.

Kevin

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
So what happens if someone sells a cue through PayPal, get payment, and ship it. Then the buyer disputes it saying they didn't get it when they did.

Does this come back on the seller even though the buyer committed fraud or does the credit card company eat it?

I ask because I want to sell a cue and this has concerned me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PayPal offers what they call their "Seller Protection Policy". Its insurance PayPal provides their Sellers as part of the fees the Seller pays. In order to be covered by this policy by PayPal in the event of a charge back dispute the Seller must:

1) Only ship to the "eligible" PayPal Confirmed Address of the buyer. When your receive your payment the PayPal notice will show the Buyer's Shipping Address and will notate if it is eligible for Seller Protection. In order to be covered by Seller protection, you must have only shipped to the Eligible Shipping Address. Ship to any other address or ship to an ineligible address and you will lose that chargeback dispute.

2) Ship with Online Verifiable Signature Confirmation for amounts over $250. Delivery Confirmation for amounts under $250. This means in the case of a chargeback dispute by the buyer, it on on the Seller to provide PayPal with a Tracking Number they can plug into their computers and see it was delivered or signed for. No other method will work. For example, a guy PayPal's you for something and then picks it up from you at your house. If he disputes that payment later with his credit card company, you will lose.

3) Ship with a reasonable time. This is either 5 days or a week I forget which.

There are other rules of Seller Protection, like you can't accept multiple payments for the same item, its all pretty clear on their site. Basically follow #1 and #2 as a Seller and you will be protected by PayPal in the event of a chargeback dispute. Ship with insurance and signature confirmation. If your carrier can't prove delivery, you have a valid insurance claim, if your carrier can prove delivery, you have a valid PayPal Seller Protection Claim.

Kevin

Last edited:

leftfootbl

not enough money!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not trying to add fuel here, but I also have a cue on order through Tim. Paid 3/4 of the money and the last quarter due when the cue is finished. I emailed him a couple of days back but yet to receive a reply. Hopefully everything is good there on his side.

Regards,
Brice

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I noticed that too.
MMike

I used to think of AZ Billiards as like a pool hall. There were just all types.In a pool room I always tried to avoid contact with the angry/negative guys that have something bad to say about everything, I try to avoid them here too.

However lately it seems like the place has become more like one of the "Housewives of..." TV shows on Bravo. Just a bunch of folks nursing old hurt wounds and slights (real and imagined) and forming little groups and lashing out against their "enemies". The only difference is the Housewives have the excuse of producers feeding them drinks and egging them on.

Kevin