i could listen to jermery jones read the dictonary

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whenever i watch a live match, like the diamond 10 ball going on now, and i hear jermery jones commenating, i just sit back in my chair and relax and listen. this guy is so good and so calm when he speaks. i really enjoy his take on the game. and hes almost always right on what the players will do before they shoot there shot. :smile:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whenever i watch a live match, like the diamond 10 ball going on now, and i hear jermery jones commenating, i just sit back in my chair and relax and listen. this guy is so good and so calm when he speaks. i really enjoy his take on the game. and hes almost always right on what the players will do before they shoot there shot. :smile:
Best in the business imo

Attachments

• 82456439_1284143278438869_4891795105343602688_n.jpg
    82456439_1284143278438869_4891795105343602688_n.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 438

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Jeremy is by far the best commentator American pool has had. I agree 100%. the worse of them all for me was Diliberto, he was insufferable, had to be right on every shot and his co commentator was always wrong, saw one video recently where the commentators started arguing, telling one other to relax, and don't talk to me like that, ugh, embarrassing. JJ is cool, collected, knows the game, he sees the patterns his way and he comments on it, but if a player does it another way he gives them credit if its smart or at the very least doesn't say anything negative. a small piece in moving the game forward.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The title of this thread made me laugh and I had to stop in and say because it's so true!!!
Even in events I wouldn't typically watch...bar box or one pocket..."oh...JJ is commentating?! Well let me stick around for a bit"

Also of note....Matchroom, via Emily Frazier is over the moon with Jeremy. They couldn't have handed him the keys to the Team USA car fast enough.

Just listen to her comments on JJ from this Cue It Up Podcast:
I love Cue It Up; A Billiards Podcast | Emily Frazer on all things Matchroom and revamping the future of pool, let's play it!
https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-m5p5f-d2bb9f

Also, for any JJ fans, if you want to overdose on JJ commentary, go to the Accu Stats Vimeo Stream Collection...the 2019 Derby and International matches are posted and JJ is all over them.

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
Couldn't agree more. JJ is the best pool commentator on the planet. I always learn something when I listen to him call a match. Just what I told him when I ran into him in Vegas last year.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If i was watching a match live-would i like some expert talking in me ear continuously the entire match-NO! I wish all these guys would talk LESS-far less.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
one reason I watch snooker

If i was watching a match live-would i like some expert talking in me ear continuously the entire match-NO! I wish all these guys would talk LESS-far less.

That is one reason I watch snooker more than pool. The booth people don't feel the need to fill every moment with noise.

Hu

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Efren would be my favorite commentator

I also love Jeremy Jones. He’s my favorite. Now Jay Helfert in the booth with JJ.. a dream team imo.

I think Efren would be my favorite commentator. "He got lucky ............He got lucky .....................He got lucky ............................. He got lucky...................... He got lucky .......................... He got lucky.

I believe it was Billy I. that tried to get more out of him. "You have been telling us you got lucky for over twenty years, come on now, give us more!" I don't remember Billy getting much more out of him.

Hu

pooladdiction

shut up and rack em
Silver Member
I think Efren would be my favorite commentator. "He got lucky ............He got lucky .....................He got lucky ............................. He got lucky...................... He got lucky .......................... He got lucky.

I believe it was Billy I. that tried to get more out of him. "You have been telling us you got lucky for over twenty years, come on now, give us more!" I don't remember Billy getting much more out of him.

Hu

Efren is the man no doubt, but he’s terrible on the mic. “I got lucky” His post match interviews are about as useful as Greg Pops halftime interviews... He’s still the 🐐 though!!

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me thinks

Every time I watch a match JJ is comentating on I learn soething about pool. He is easy to listen to, knows pool and can explain it.

JJ needs to think bigger. He needs to look at Morgan Freeman and Sam Eliot and all the exposure and money they have made with just their voice. They have the million dollar voice and JJ does too.

He needs an agent, a savvy agent that knows the business and can get his voice heard by the right people. That and a coach can help him. Then he can cash in.

But heck, what do I know. I'm the idiot that wanted Team USA to go to the White House after their second MC victory and victory over Russia. I did not get very far with that.

Good luck to you JJ, think big!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I also love Jeremy Jones. He’s my favorite. Now Jay Helfert in the booth with JJ.. a dream team imo.

I had the pleasure of working a couple of matches with Jeremy years ago in Galveston before anybody knew him as a commentator. I was surprised at how smooth and well thought out his comments were even then. I let him know that he was great to work with and he should continue to pursue these jobs. The rest is history. :grin: