Not many J. Pechauer reviews....

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
....and I am mulling over purchasing one of his wrapless models, either the Pro Series PR15 or the PR20. Can anybody tell me anything about the quality and playability of his cues, particularly the Pro Series models? I am looking for a player, not a collector cue. Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Maniac

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Here is one my friend has for sale.Nice playing cue.
003-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

016-2.jpg

020.jpg

023.jpg

030-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pechauer

Hello I think the pro series in particular, and pechauer cues in general are very under rated- I have hit with several different pechauers and own 1 of the pro series. They all hit good. I guess like all sticks the tip, weight, wrap , ferrule and balance etc... can make the hit 1 way or the other.

There is a lot of good cues available for the money right now but since you asked for opinions on the pechauer I will stick to them. My experience is that they make a good quality cue for the money.

Good luck with whatever you decide

CCfiveball

Registered
I just recently bought a pechauer cue about a month ago. I got the 2008 pro series PR16. It is not a wrapless cue. I love it. It is very evenly balanced. There is not a whole lot of deflection in the original shaft itself. I bought a predator shaft to go along with it but that is just my preference. I like little to no deflection when I shoot. I have owned many different custom cues but I would have to say Pechauer is one of my favorites.

Rangercap

www.nittanyleather.com
Silver Member
I have several, and locally the are tons of them mainly due to the local dealer was a great guy to deal with.

From talking to Joe and Jerry at the expo, they harvest their own shaft wood, and it is the same grade to the top of the product line. I prefer the Pro series, as opposed to the JP cues. The JP cues have a phenolic joint, while the Pro series have a piloted 5/16-14 pin with a steel collar.

I personally use a PL01 and have a matching break/jump PL01. The j/b is wrapless, so I don't use it too much. I could use it as a player, just by switching shafts, but it weighs a ton due to it being ebony with a cocobola handle.

They are really great cues, especially for playing. I have shot with plenty, and always seem to drift back to my pechauer when it counts.

Brian
www.nittanyleather.com

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
Ive sold lots of Pechauer cues over the past several years, and they are consistently among my favorite cues. They are extremely well made, they are all very consistent in their hit, and are one of the best proven values that you can find for a custom shop cue. Excellent Quality, Excellent Value.

rkim99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrapless Peach

I recently acquired a wrapless Pechauer which I am still working out to review next month probably. It is a custom, and I believe is a customized version of the 2007 PS12. It came with a Universal Smart Shaft, so as a result plays/hits a bit differently than the standard shaft Peaches I have had the opportunity to play in the past five years. Note: in my experience, regardless of series, all Peaches play well and I have never found any to be wanting in quality of workmanship or playability.

Obviously I have only great admiration for the way Peaches play and hit. Before my first shot with a Peach, I played almost exclusively with Meucci Originals (19 years) as I could never find a cue with a hit I liked better. Peaches hit nothing like MOs but somehow that first shot really got my attention.

The Peach hit I describe as crisp and very responsive with excellent feedback at impact. And as mentioned before, quality of workmanship for a production cue is second to none.

Anyway, I think you can't go wrong with a Peach, whatever model you decide on. Unless it's green (I never like green in my cues).:wink:

And as for reviews of JPs, there will be at least one new one in about a month.

Hope that helps.

Richard

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
I played with one for a few years. Well made, high quality, good finish, great value.
Mr H

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
I have a PS24 wrapless. It's a nice cue to look at but I wasn't really impress with the shaft. I am planning on putting a 314 on it maybe that should help. I find my self switching back to my falcon from time to time. I guesse it will take time to get used to...definetly a different hit for me.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Cardinal_Syn said:
I guesse it will take time to get used to...definetly a different hit for me.

Please try to explain to the best of your ability what the hit feels like as compared to what kind of hit you like.

Maniac

Cosmo420

Registered
Been a while since I hit with one, but from what I remember, they hit great. I almost bought one if I recall correctly.

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
Maniac said:
Please try to explain to the best of your ability what the hit feels like as compared to what kind of hit you like.

Maniac
It's definetly not as stiff as my falcon shaft. I find that the pechauer cue has alot of deflection aswell. I don't know what it is but I tend to 'miss hit' some shots with the pechauer, I'm sorry I don't know how to describe it but the hit just isn't for me. I also have a 314 on my falcon, by no means that shaft plays stiff but it has less deflection. I'm definetly going to purchase a 314 shaft for it. It's really a nice looking cue but I just don't think I want to adjust playing with their shaft. Hope that helps. Also their wood selection is questionable. Let's just say I've seen better cocobolo on other cues. For the same price range, I would get a schon instead.

Last edited:

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Pechauer has ve the best finish in the business, playability, I don't think so.
They need to change their pin on the cues. The feedback on the cue is terrible. Just my 2 cents.

jhoffman871985

pechauer cue

i now shoot with a Jp serie. I love them cues cause they balance and hit really well. I grew up with player cues brand but now I shoot with a pechauer cue and Schon cue. Im more into pechauer cue

playing cue:pechauer JP serie
Break cue:J&J jump/break cue
Jump cue: Lucasi
Case: instroke 2x4 black leather

playing cue:STL3 Schon cue
break cue:J&J jump/break cue
Jump cue:Lucasi
case:instroke 2x4 brown leather

I got everything same on both cases i got except playing cue different. I mostly bring my pechauer cue more than my schon cue. Schon cue lil more heavy than my pechauer cue.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
I've owned 8 Pechauers. I liked the old joint better than the "speed release", but all Pechauers are high quality and play very well. Some folks frown on the JP series, but I like them as well, as I've always prefered wood-to-wood, plastic or phenolic joints to stainless. Though I play with an old Joss/Pred right now, I also have a Pechauer that is not for sale. I use pre-cat logo 314 shafts on all my playing cues.

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought 1 from Kid Delicious in person at DCC the year JP started the Basavich series and have used it some with 1 shaft and it plays great and looks great. I had Danny to sign it in gold permanent marker between the points even though it was identified on the buttcap and it is number 7 of 100 made in the first series. Danny was practicing with it when I bought it so he played the match with it before handing it over and won so he threw in a set of his dvd's. Slow player but a nice guy.--Leonard

tipman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whiner?

This might seem insensitive but I can't get past the shoes and the feet thing.

Just how bad can a pair of shoes be?