let the rest of us decide who we want to believe
and what works best for us
please
just askin......:eek:k:

You right.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I just want some chicken wings and margaritas. After a 5th of Crown I have no idea how I’m aiming, but I don’t miss.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
the cte believers and non believers just like to argue
each side knows what the other side has to say
YOUR CASE HAS BEEN MADE
please

So, your asking for self censorship?

You are free to believe whatever you want regardless of the arguing.....

In reality......it has become more of a pissing match.......

At some point.....you are just gonna have to move on......forget the arguing......don’t even read it anymore.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
YOUR CASE HAS BEEN MADE
please
just askin......:eek:k:[/QUOTE

I'm not sure your comment makes any sense. This is a discussion forum.

I think when a new player comes in asking for advice they should hear from more than just one viewpoint. What good would Amazon product reviews be if every review were 5 stars and anything less than that was deleted? I can't be responsible for how some crackpot reacts when I give my personal experience with whatever detail is being discussed. I try not to react to those comments and for the most part I don't. Hopefully the CTE guys will put everybody they don't agree with on ignore and then there is a chance they won't go ballistic over every little comment... wishful thinking, I know.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is impossible to free many from the chains they revere

YOUR CASE HAS BEEN MADE
please
Sir, that would just be delightful. That's why I threw all the "Grouchy Posse" on ignore. They've made their case for their point of view and we CTE Users have made our case for our point of view. I am personally sick of their provoking 20 year relenteless arguments.
You can make a bet, though, that some members of that Grouchy Posse will NOT stand for anything like that. Oh, they will cleverly disguise their stuff under the masquerade of "civil discussion" for sure....but that is all it is, a masquerade. It won't be long before the same old stuff pops up from them.
Watch it happen!
As for me, since the ignore feature is my friend, I only have discussions with other CTE Users and prospective students for the method.
As you make your case, I make mine.....I am not interested whatsoever in other points of view about aiming a pool shot. Therefore I have given up on the members of the Grouchy Posse. Watch that happen too!
Good wishes to you, sir. :thumbup2:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do golf balls have edges
Only if someone looks at them and sees them.
Otherwise they do not.
Just as the old folks used to say...……."If a tree falls in the forest, does it make any noise if nobody is there to hear it?"
HAGD. :wink:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think when a new player comes in asking for advice they should hear from more than just one viewpoint. What good would Amazon product reviews be if every review were 5 stars and anything less than that was deleted? I can't be responsible for how some crackpot reacts when I give my personal experience with whatever detail is being discussed. I try not to react to those comments and for the most part I don't. Hopefully the CTE guys will put everybody they don't agree with on ignore and then there is a chance they won't go ballistic over every little comment... wishful thinking, I know.

Good point, especially when others post comments that happen to match your own experiences and trouble with different aiming methods, any method. It's not like you're saying "Hey, don't try this method". I don't think I've seen anyone here suggesting that no one should try any particular aiming method. Sharing comments, problems, difficulties, etc... when it comes to understanding anything is normal.

But.....this place isn't normal. There's too much bad history here with CTE. I believe the best place for anyone to present aiming ideas or ask for help with aiming is right here in the forum, unless it's CTE. The best place for that is probably on Stan's Facebook page, where only those who are accepted have access, and where any challenging questions or unfavorable comments/opinions can be screened and deleted, and that person can be blocked or unfriended. Youtube and Facebook make it possible to censor unwanted comments or opinions in order to maintain a desired image. If someone really wants to learn CTE they should befriend Stan Shuffett on Facebook and ask their questions there. Or pm one of the CTE guys here.
Otherwise you're going to get different opinions because not everyone has had praiseworthy results with it.

Imagine going to an automotive forum and asking which company makes the better truck -- Ford or GM. The GM lovers will say GM. Ford lovers will say Ford. GM owners will say the Ford guys don't know what they're talking about because they've never owned a GM truck, despite the fact that some of the Ford owners have had a GM truck and didn't like it or had nothing but trouble out of it. So the innocent guy coming in to get an idea which truck he might like will just have to sort through all the opinions. Either that or go to a Ford or GM site and only read the good stuff they present there.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Sir, that would just be delightful. That's why I threw all the "Grouchy Posse" on ignore. They've made their case for their point of view and we CTE Users have made our case for our point of view. I am personally sick of their provoking 20 year relenteless arguments.
You can make a bet, though, that some members of that Grouchy Posse will NOT stand for anything like that. Oh, they will cleverly disguise their stuff under the masquerade of "civil discussion" for sure....but that is all it is, a masquerade. It won't be long before the same old stuff pops up from them.
Watch it happen!
As for me, since the ignore feature is my friend, I only have discussions with other CTE Users and prospective students for the method.
As you make your case, I make mine.....I am not interested whatsoever in other points of view about aiming a pool shot. Therefore I have given up on the members of the Grouchy Posse. Watch that happen too!

You've been following cte for how long?? I thought this was new to you

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
YOUR CASE HAS BEEN MADE
please
just askin......:eek:k:[/QUOTE

I'm not sure your comment makes any sense. This is a discussion forum.

Dan
The thing is you keep commenting to the same people
They have heard your arguments
I know you want to save unsuspecting newcomers to
what you believe is false representation by cte
Send them a pm if you want to save them

Jmho
P.S
Most of the time new comers asking about. cte want to hear about cte
They didnt ask “does it work as represented “
They didnt ask “is it good or bad”
I dont think you understand or believe in cte well enough to explain
the questions newbies that are curious ask
Except to bash it
Jmho
Icbw

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan
The thing is you keep commenting to the same people
They have heard your arguments
I know you want to save unsuspecting newcomers to
what you believe is false representation by cte
Send them a pm if you want to save them

Jmho
P.S
Most of the time new comers asking about. cte want to hear about cte
They didnt ask “does it work as represented “
They didnt ask “is it good or bad”
I dont think you understand or believe in cte well enough to explain
the questions newbies that are curious ask
Except to bash it
Jmho
Icbw

You are observing this back and forth among two groups of people and you are attributing everything that happens as something that I engage in and encourage. That is not accurate. Over the last month I was home for a few weeks and commented more than normal. Other than that, I don't engage the same retreads over and over, except maybe to try and bum some milano cookies. :wink:

On the other hand, what I do here and what I find interesting is taking a close look at new videos that come out from Stan or Gerry or anybody. As an example, I asked Gerry if he could follow up on his first video and he did. I was planning some comments but things got so ridiculous I gave up. Score one for them, I guess. I think this kind of analysis is useful and I have gotten likes and positive pm's from various people. Again, I can't control how a few cranks respond to it other than to ignore them as much as possible, unless they are actually engaging in a constructive way, even if to show flaws in my thoughts. That kind of discussion rarely happens.

I appreciate your frustration. If you don't think I'm qualified to have an opinion on how CTE worked for me then put me along with PJ, Lou, Joey, Spider, Low and cookie on ignore and maybe you'll be happier. If a guy posts a thread like "Question about CTE" just don't click on it and then you'll be doubly safe.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watch it happen!

Why do we have to keep reading over and over for like a year now how this guy puts people on ignore and enjoys it? Somebody waterboard me for some relief! :eek::grin:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imagine going to an automotive forum and asking which company makes the better truck -- Ford or GM. The GM lovers will say GM. Ford lovers will say Ford. GM owners will say the Ford guys don't know what they're talking about because they've never owned a GM truck, despite the fact that some of the Ford owners have had a GM truck and didn't like it or had nothing but trouble out of it. So the innocent guy coming in to get an idea which truck he might like will just have to sort through all the opinions. Either that or go to a Ford or GM site and only read the good stuff they present there.

Now just imagine being a Ford hater and just hanging out on Ford forums 6 to 8 hours a day, for over 20 years, constantly posting negative things about Fords.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now just imagine being a Ford hater and just hanging out on Ford forums 6 to 8 hours a day, for over 20 years, constantly posting negative things about Fords.

Lol. I can't imagine doing that.

But I assume you meant "threads", not "forums"...?

I mean, I wouldn't go to a forum that is exclusive dedicated to Fords just so I could tell Ford lovers that the Ford I once owned was a piece of junk. I put 2 rearends in it, and also had to replace the transmission once. The 351 modified was a hell of a good motor though. Still, I wouldn't go complaining about it in a Ford truck forum.

However, if I was scrolling through random threads about trucks on an open pickup truck forum, like "fortrucksonly.com", and saw a thread titled "Ford trucks are more reliable than Chevys".... well, I might post my bad Ford experience. And I'm sure there would be Ford lovers calling me a Henry Ford hater. And there would also be other people there who relate to my Ford experience and they'll chime in on my behalf. So I can understand how it all gets outta control. But that's the nature of open public forums.