Pool rooms at Lake George NY

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I don't know about Lake George but back in the day Glens Falls had a great room. Long time ago.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Thx, hoping to stay occupied while wife and daughter walk around shopping. Thought it would be a better option than following them around chewing nitroglycerin pills. ��

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could always head down to Million Dollar Beach and check out all the Russian waitresses trolling for a potential Rich American husband.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you will be staying at the south end of the lake, where all the "touristy" stuff is, then this place isn't too far: http://kingsmileybilliards.com/
Google Maps says it is about a half hour drive.

I've never been there, but it looks nice on their web site. :grin:

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never heard of it or been there, but the homepage is someone playing straight pool so that is a huge +, I think first time I have seen a pool hall use straight pool on their web page.
I play league there. Gandy tables, recently recovered. I have never seen someone playing straight pool in there. There is a straight pool league at the Golden Cue in Albany, another 30 minute drive. You are much more likely to get a game there.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
There was one place up in Glens Falls years ago, not sure if it's still there. It was small, but had good equipment. [can't remember the name]

I think King Smiley's is closed as of a few months ago. It was a good place to play. Sad it's gone.

Best bets are heading south towards Albany if you really want to play. But, if you just have a few hours to kill, personally, I'd just spend it with the family. At the end of the line, nobody ever says "I wish I had played at one more pool hall" (vs "I wish I had spend 1 more hour with my family"). ha!

-td

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trick Shots is about the closest pool room to Lake George. They recently remodeled the bar area with a pretty nice outside patio. The tables are fair, but the lighting is dim. They regularly host leagues and local APA tournaments.

Golden Cue is a bit further south in Albany, but the tables are kept in great condition. They are mostly 9' GC 2's (I believe), with one 3C table, one 9' Diamond, and 4 Diamond bar boxes. They host APA leagues, Straight Pool Leagues, and usually have Wednesday 9 Ball Tournaments.

Last edited: