We're cyclop balls replaced by dynasphere? Any reviews on dynasphere?

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are the cyclop balls being replaced by dynasphere?

Also has any one tried any of the new dynasphere balls? Was thinking about picking up a set.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Also has any one tried any of the new dynasphere balls? Was thinking about picking up a set.

A good question. I see that the Cyclop website seems to be closed:

www.cyclop-billiards.com

The Dynasphere site implies that their manufacturer is the same as Cyclop but Dynasphere itself is a Belgian company.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cyclop is still alive and well. I'm told their website being down has something to do with the COVID situation there. Dynashperes are produced by the same manufacturer that produces Cyclop.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cyclop is still alive and well. I'm told their website being down has something to do with the COVID situation there. Dynashperes are produced by the same manufacturer that produces Cyclop.

Do cyclops roll ok on GC I Ball return tracks? Asking for a friend.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up an extra set of Cyclop balls when i had gotten my table 3yrs ago. Still in the box. Maybe a waste of money there.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hello, tuffstuff -

Yes, a few of us have posted pics and thoughts of various Dynasphere ball sets over in the Pool Ball Collecting thread.

May I suggest heading over there for a scroll beginning with post # 1618 from 5/4/2020 and seeing what has been said

627728140bb14cc5e1dd1604b4833ad7.plist
ab60eba78a4a74e9bb8b1092b1e9de30.plist

They play perfectly and stay amazingly clean.

~ K.

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dynasphere

Adrian Wang is mentioned as the son of XinBiing Rubber's owner on the website "about us" page. They also own Vigma, I believe. Maybe they are making the balls in China for this Belgian company. That Hyatt Ball company Bob Simpson helped them develop higher phenolic content is also mentioned.

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Yes, a few of us have posted pics and thoughts of various Dynasphere ball sets over in the Pool Ball Collecting thread...

Are those your set? If so, did you notice the crack under the finish on the cueball, or is that an artifact in the image?

Last edited:

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No word from Aramith yet.

Did pick up a set of dynasphere tungsten balls. So far they seem nice and can't beat the price on them.

Odd thing also they don't get the marks like the Super pros and dont get marks from the leather drop pockets.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No word from Aramith yet.

Did pick up a set of dynasphere tungsten balls. So far they seem nice and can't beat the price on them.

Odd thing also they don't get the marks like the Super pros and dont get marks from the leather drop pockets.

Can you post some pics?

I replaced my Cyclop skittles balls with centennials and regret it, and would like to get new Cyclop balls but they seem to be getting hard to come by. I don't especially like the look of the dynasphere platinums. Can't find any pics of the tungsten set, maybe they will do the trick.

Edit:
Never mind. Found them on the Olhausen site and ordered some. Hopefully they're comparable to the Cyclop quality. If they are they are a steal.

Last edited:

tuffstuff07

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you post some pics?

I replaced my Cyclop skittles balls with centennials and regret it, and would like to get new Cyclop balls but they seem to be getting hard to come by. I don't especially like the look of the dynasphere platinums. Can't find any pics of the tungsten set, maybe they will do the trick.

Edit:
Never mind. Found them on the Olhausen site and ordered some. Hopefully they're comparable to the Cyclop quality. If they are they are a steal.

The League room in west Virginia sells them for 75 shipped or 55 if your close enough.

The picture below isn't mine but that's what they look like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200621-004507_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200621-004507_Gallery.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 690

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The League room in west Virginia sells them for 75 shipped or 55 if your close enough.

The picture below isn't mine but that's what they look like.

Is there any difference,in quality vs the platinum and these or the silver and gold lines? Specs seem same. They just look different

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's awesome for 83$shipped. They look like old cheap balls from 70s tho. Hopefully they play great. Just ordered. The specs are same as 360$ platinum set. U just don't get the cool rotors cue ball

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond is coming out with a new ball set. Seems like a different version of the Hyperion balls looking like a version of centennial

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Diamond is coming out with a new ball set. Seems like a different version of the Hyperion balls looking like a version of centennial
I like the retro look....

I also am concerned about the quality issues previously with the company / manufacturer....

At the price it ain't much harm. Except if you gamble and the balls roll funny...

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk