Slate Temperature

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I've heard pro 3 cushion and pro snooker table slates are heated.

Does anyone know what temperatures they set em at?

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
For billiard tables, they are generally about 5 degrees C above the ambient room temp, so assuming a room at 72 degrees F, that would make a slate temp around 80 degrees F I think.

They will always feel warm to the touch if working correctly.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard pro 3 cushion and pro snooker table slates are heated.

Does anyone know what temperatures they set em at?

only in pro snooker they are heated, usually at 50 C. but that is the temp below slate, on the baize (cloth) it's probably more like 25-30 C

TEAM SLO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For billiard tables, they are generally about 5 degrees C above the ambient room temp, so assuming a room at 72 degrees F, that would make a slate temp around 80 degrees F I think.

They will always feel warm to the touch if working correctly.

While in New York, experienced the same for the 3 cushion tables.... just warm to the touch.

junksecret

Certified Fish
Silver Member
ALL top brand modern carom tables are heated
Yes, they're generally equipped with heaters, but as a player I often find tables with heaters in rooms (public & private) where the floor is not equipped for them. Usually a concrete slab that needs to have channels cut etc., often too expensive given the play they get in the U.S vs. all the other unheated tables, so unless they want a cord with a bump, a bunch of crazy markings on the floor and the lawsuits here in California, they can go unheated.

How did you address it in the pictured Sogard?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Gabriel Carom Table are heated, it just another gimmick, to praise or cry about. Skill kicks ass on marginal players with super duper equipment.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Yes, they're generally equipped with heaters, but as a player I often find tables with heaters in rooms (public & private) where the floor is not equipped for them. Usually a concrete slab that needs to have channels cut etc., often too expensive given the play they get in the U.S vs. all the other unheated tables, so unless they want a cord with a bump, a bunch of crazy markings on the floor and the lawsuits here in California, they can go unheated.

How did you address it in the pictured Sogard?

Often? Too expensive after they buy a gabriels or verhoeven anywhere from 5 to 8k ,or more if new, to have it wired up?
Most i know would never allow a table they bought to be unheated, in my experience in houston as well dealing with folks in other parts of the country

Mine? Extension chord, before i discovered royal pro cloth,
In houston all the big tables are heated
The 9fters without heating systems are the only ones to not get warmed up

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gabriel Carom Table are heated, it just another gimmick, to praise or cry about. Skill kicks ass on marginal players with super duper equipment.
ALL top 3c tables are heated as are pro snooker and Chinese 8ball tables. Do have a clue why? It makes the table play consistent regardless of weather changes. Temp. is usually set around 95-100deg F. Not a gimmick in any way.

Island Drive

Silver Member
ALL top 3c tables are heated as are pro snooker and Chinese 8ball tables. Do have a clue why? It makes the table play consistent regardless of weather changes. Temp. is usually set around 95-100deg F. Not a gimmick in any way.

Maybe Jewett knows.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 10 to 12 degrees above room air.

Anything more and the entire area within the table area gets like a sauna.

Imagine a cold solid rubber ball...won't bounce. Warm rails are much more lively.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker site i checked said heaters are normally set at 50C(122F) to arrive at a surface temp of 21C(70F).

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our billiard table has a sensor and thermostat to maintain the temperature at 82 degrees.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Our billiard table has a sensor and thermostat to maintain the temperature at 82 degrees.

Since that's 12 degrees higher than the Snooker pro tables, is there a reason why? I would think that the game of snooker would of nailed this down from many angles.

One things for sure, when you get down in the 60's the balls don't play correctly, especially in full rack games, Especially 14.1.

thx for your imput.

I'll go with 70....

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since that's 12 degrees higher than the Snooker pro tables, is there a reason why? I would think that the game of snooker would of nailed this down from many angles.

One things for sure, when you get down in the 60's the balls don't play correctly, especially in full rack games, Especially 14.1.

thx for your imput.

I'll go with 70....
The Gabriels table at Olathe is set on 100deg all the time. I don't think they ever turn it off. Their's doesn't have sensor but i'd say the bed stays in the 70deg range most of the time.

Island Drive

Silver Member
The Gabriels table at Olathe is set on 100deg all the time. I don't think they ever turn it off. Their's doesn't have sensor but i'd say the bed stays in the 70deg range most of the time.

Dan Tulls place?