Time to re-open Hollywood's most infamous of Historical Monuments!

poolhallbanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard a rumor that a room is gonna be opening somewhere in Hollywood next year.
It will have a restaurant, full bar, pro shop and be open 24/7 just like the old Hollywood
Billiards! I don't know if its true or not but its gonna be called Twilight Zone Billiards:grin:

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
I heard a rumor that a room is gonna be opening somewhere in Hollywood next year.
It will have a restaurant, full bar, pro shop and be open 24/7 just like the old Hollywood
Billiards! I don't know if its true or not but its gonna be called Twilight Zone Billiards:grin:

I would be curious to know your source and if and how I can contact the proprietor.

daniel@povpool.com

MalibuMike

Banned
I'm curious too!

I loved Hollywood billiards, both the old one and the new one. And its true, if you're driving south on the 101 freeway, leaving North Hollywood always frightens me considerably. Inside of the LA city limits is the heart of darkness, a true wasteland for billiards begins. There is the Brick house, which has been described below and there is some dusty unloved table at Shato Lanes pool hall. There is some 3 cushion joints grouped together in Korea Town, but you really don't start to see pool halls again till Downey, There is Golden Cue to the east. There was Highland Billiards but its closed its doors, the last time I talked to Rubin he didn't know if the new owner were going to keep it a Pool Hall or not. Once you get to the 605 you can go to the left and hit Hard Times or go to the right and hit Scratch Billiards which is an ok place to practice but there are no serious players there and the billiards equipment comes in last, after the 200 micro-breweries' of nauseating beers, then the 40 TV sets, and ten international Dart Stations, and of course the always popular show your punching score Punchbag! Dirty balls and un-kept old felted GC's with awful pockets that toss the balls back at you, anyways I practice there cause its close to where I work. And play at Hard times, House of Billiards or Million Dollar Billiards on the weekend. But there is nothing worse then being on the 101 stuck in traffic around Silverlake Echo Park area, there is no place to jump off the freeway for a quick fix. I really hope the below, or above is true! That would be awesome, but I really doubt with all the zoning restriction that anyone could open a 24 hour pool hall nowadays. Sorry Daniel about the erroneous Rosas data. He says he is for sure going and then the day of, cancel's. I think I know why, but since Ron is on here now maybe he can tell us. Its only a guess but Im thinking its for the same reasons he never toured back in the old days, when he was beating literally every Pro who came to LA. Excuse me I have to sneeze... ah.. ah..AhPussywhippedchu! excuse me. Anyways I always thought a good place for a Pool hall would be the old Jensen Recreation center on sunset in Echo Park, Built in 1924, Jensen's originally included 46 apartments, a billiard hall, and a bowling alley—hence the sign—under one roof and was one of the first buildings in Los Angeles to combine residential units and entertainment in one building. I'd move right in!!

Attachments

• 11340524336_7579ff0256_z.jpg
    11340524336_7579ff0256_z.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 97

MalibuMike

Banned
Submitted for your approval...

But Me Thinks, Pool Hall Banger has entered the Twilight Zone!!!!!!!

Attachments

• twilight-zone-season-3-5-episode-70-a-game-of-.jpg
    twilight-zone-season-3-5-episode-70-a-game-of-.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 100

RonRosas

Banned
I go up to Hollywood all the time for my work... I'm going to cruise by the old building and see what's up... that would be a hat trick, right? HB back at the old site!
Apparently the building was damaged in the '94 quake and had to be retrofitted,
bolted. Here's a snap in 2012.
I heard Truman hustles at the brickhouse would love to run into him there. I play with my pupil Ron Moreno their.