Damn the 'Rona! Full (pool) speed ahead!!

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
patrick
its a beautiful room
not to be a party pooper
but
will they require masks?
would you be comfortable to be in a poolroom now since i think you qualify as a senior citizen (icbw)?
Yes, masks are required - but I've found that's not as distracting as I feared.

I definitely qualify as a senior citizen (73 this month), but I feel more comfortable in pool rooms than other places because the distancing is better.

pj
chgo

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
check your pm
i dont want to sidetrack your thread
the room is beautiful and i wish i had some place to play near me like that....:smile::thumbup:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Check your texts! I sent ya a couple, I figured you were on the road doin the business. Always enjoy getting to play pool with you when I am down there. I will call you on my way down!

TFT

Are we going to play some more soon Trent? Are you coming to Indian Rocks?

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did not enjoy my time at the first surge, the first table we played on rolled off so bad I asked for another table. The second table was barely acceptable, but by no means good.

The new room looks great and with new Diamonds will definitely be on my play list next trip to Chicago. I might have to give Patrick some action:)

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll be in Chicago a lot more moving forward and I’d love a little one pocket workout once in a while. Can’t wait to try the new Surge. Unfortunately I will be waiting for a bit longer as I am already taking enough risks by working retail right now.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
What is the hourly table time rate for two players?
I haven’t seen the rates for the new room, but I imagine they’ll be the same as the existing one: $10/hr for one player, $15/hr for two, +$2.50/hr each add’l player. Weekends a little more.

pj
chgo

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
That's a sweet place you got going on there. Congrats and best of luck!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven’t seen the rates for the new room, but I imagine they’ll be the same as the existing one: $10/hr for one player, $15/hr for two, +$2.50/hr each add’l player. Weekends a little more.

pj
chgo
Is there some kind of monthly deal?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
https://www.facebook.com/SurgeLogan

logan facebook.jpg
logan facebook 2.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
COOL ROOM! Can't wait to bring back the SPF National Pool School Tour to the new Surge!...that is, whenever whoever's in power decides to end this pandemic, and get. at least USA business back to some semblance of normal! :thumbup: Luckily for me, I can still do private lessons. I have a couple in Chicago already, as soon as I can get there! Hope to see you soon Pat!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That place is super nice. He, the owner has an eye for mixing the style between a retro look and modern!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without getting too personal, do you know if he finalized the lease negotiations before or after corona hit? And if after, was he able to get better than pre-corona market rent?