best rack i ever ran!

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Hey everyone! Been a while since i posted, havent had much to post about. This week i finally got a chance to go out and practice by myself and i am so glad i did! My 14.1 game has gotten so much better in the last year, but on Wednesday i ran the best rack i ever ran in my life!

I started out the rack with ball in hand on my break ball, i did not hit the rack how i would have liked and only 3 balls came loose leaving pretty much every other ball tied up. I took my time on each shot thinking ahead a few balls ( getting better at this) . 30- 35 minutes later i got through the whole rack! I left myself bad on my next break ball and never hit the rack :( but, when i was done, i was so proud of that 15 ball run! My position and cue ball control was the best it had ever been. I guess taking my time and really slowing down helped lol. Yes it took a LONG time to get through that rack, but i was so proud of how i was able to play it out! I felt so defeated right from the break, trying it anyway, and running it out was just amazing to me!

NOW i just have to train my brain to do that all the time!

Just wanted to share this with you all because i know a lot of you have been at my level and can relate to this and share my enthusiasm. Thanks for reading!

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, done but your post has me asking a question. Is the first break ball counted? When I was watching the dcc of Neils feijen after the first rack he was only at 14. I'm new to this so I wanna make sure I got the rules right

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
15 & Counting

Way to go Heather. Very good, plus working out the whole rack like that is a job within it's self. You have a great playing partner, that always helps. Congrats again.

PS: Yes Tommy, the first break ball counts just as Heather stated.

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
See that's what I thought. Like I said just wanting to dbl check the rules so when I play my matches next week I know all the rules and stuff, not trying to take away anything from your run. I just made it to ten for the first time myself. Gt a good break in there and you'll be at two racks in no time!

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Thats ball 1. When you play in match you will have a full rack to start. Remember not to break too hard jjust hard enough to 2 balls hit a rail. Ijust clip the corner ball and try to leave the cue ball up table so i leave my oppenent a long shot. Good luck!

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Way to go Heather. Very good, plus working out the whole rack like that is a job within it's self. You have a great playing partner, that always helps. Congrats again.

PS: Yes Tommy, the first break ball counts just as Heather stated.

Thank you!

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats ball 1. When you play in match you will have a full rack to start. Remember not to break too hard jjust hard enough to 2 balls hit a rail. Ijust clip the corner ball and try to leave the cue ball up table so i leave my oppenent a long shot. Good luck!

Ah ok I get it. When I practice I set up the rack then take the ball off the nose and move it over like I'm starting a new rack up mid game. Helps me work on the break which btw I'm not good at. I left myself nicely today and manged to miss the entire rack! Lol:rolleyes:

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
I've found 14.1 to be the best and worst game for me lol! I start with a ball off break to get accustomed to breaking up the rack itself. Once I weed a few off I try to get the rest going and totally shanghai myself. It's nice motivation to know your not born knowing how to play this game! You've totally inspired me to play it more and more often :-D

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
Ah ok I get it. When I practice I set up the rack then take the ball off the nose and move it over like I'm starting a new rack up mid game. Helps me work on the break which btw I'm not good at. I left myself nicely today and manged to miss the entire rack! Lol:rolleyes:
Exactly! My break is not good either! Lol it definitely helps!

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
I've found 14.1 to be the best and worst game for me lol! I start with a ball off break to get accustomed to breaking up the rack itself. Once I weed a few off I try to get the rest going and totally shanghai myself. It's nice motivation to know your not born knowing how to play this game! You've totally inspired me to play it more and more often :-D

Thats awesome! I only started playing this game about 4 years ago. I had never ran more than 7 balls. After about 5 months i was running 10 and more. A little under a year after i learned it, i hit my high run of 22. I am glad i can inspire someone with my little story :) keep going , its hard but you will see it helps in your other games too! Good luck!

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
Good for you ! I believe if you can run 1 you can run 2 and so on .You are well on you way CONGRATS (Look out Steve )

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HI Heather I want to congratulate you on your run. I think that is great. I watched the 12 ball run and think you look real good, one suggestion I have is to slow down your back-swing yours are perhaps fast/aggressive, also try not to waggle or practice stroke until you are all the way down and setup in your stance. I think you can run a rack plus every day the way you hit the ball. Very nice.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's nice motivation to know your not born knowing how to play this game!

I was born long ago and still dont know how to play this game :grin-square:

To the original poster, nice run! and agree that slowing down to think things through usually helps

HAKurtz

Hittin' the tables!!
Silver Member
HI Heather I want to congratulate you on your run. I think that is great. I watched the 12 ball run and think you look real good, one suggestion I have is to slow down your back-swing yours are perhaps fast/aggressive, also try not to waggle or practice stroke until you are all the way down and setup in your stance. I think you can run a rack plus every day the way you hit the ball. Very nice.

Thank you. I forgot that video was still there! lol that was from about 3 years ago about 6 months after i learned straight pool. I have slowed down A LOT and i have stopped that "practice stroke" :) hopefully i can get a run on tape sometime soon to update that!