stolen cue

bmoretallpaul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what would you do, if a person you known for thirty plus years, who happens to be down on their luck like a lot of us in this economy stole your cue to pawn or sell.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone that steals from others has no honor and does not deserve any respect. If they are willing to steal from folks they have known for 30 years then they are willing to steal from anyone, anywhere, anytime. Thieves deserve no special treatment or consideration due to length of friendship. If I were friends with someone down on his luck I would hope they would ask for help before they considered stealing from me.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Easy answer

Report the cue stolen (if you have not already) and point the cops in the direction of the pawn shop. Recover the cue and let the police figure out what to do about the person. Next, don't give them the opportunity again. Knowing them for 30 years is not an excuse in my opinion.

MidLifeCrisis

Just loves cues...
Silver Member
First off...Are you sure he stole the cue? Do you have proof?
If yes to the two pervious questions...I'd certainly try talking to the thief first(since he is a so called friend). Let him know you understand he's desperate for funds, but this was/is the wrong way to handle things...
Give him a chance to rectify the situation, and if that fails...let him know you will pursue this through the law, or other means if need be...

I had an old friend steal from me years back, and one day just showed up at my house with cash in hand all teary eyed asking for my forgiveness...and we are friends today...BUT...I never leave any easy targets out when he's around, and I'll NEVER fully trust him again...
Such is life sometimes...
Good luck on getting your cue back!!
Clint

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
If the guy is a friend then I would try to work it out with him. If he is just a guy I know then I would probably confront him about it first and give him a chance to rectify it before going to the police.

There is no black and white in a situation like this. Resorting to theft of a friend's possessions is a pretty desperate act for someone who was otherwise a decent person. So if a friend then I try to figure the rationale behind it and see if I can't help him over the bump in the road. If I sense no remorse then I let the court handle it, sadly.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the guy is a friend then I would try to work it out with him. If he is just a guy I know then I would probably confront him about it first and give him a chance to rectify it before going to the police.

There is no black and white in a situation like this. Resorting to theft of a friend's possessions is a pretty desperate act for someone who was otherwise a decent person. So if a friend then I try to figure the rationale behind it and see if I can't help him over the bump in the road. If I sense no remorse then I let the court handle it, sadly.

Iagree with this,great post JB!

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not enough info to give advice. Is he/she supporting a drug habit or need food for kids? How do you know that he stole it and sold it?

Based on insufficient information---the safest method is report it to the police.

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Simple. Hunt him down...... kill him.

Not really.
I guess it would be so disappointing
I would have to think about it.
Probably what J.B. said would be the
best approach.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would unfriend them, facebook style!

C'mon, dude. It is a piece of wood, no need to spit venom.

But I would be sure I was sure about the situation, then call the cops and be sad that an old friend chose to betray me. Past that, I would be sure that person was never in a position to have access to anything of mine, ever again.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they were a good friend I had known 30 years, I would confront them and see what is going on. If there was no reasonable explanation, we would part ways and the cops would be called if it were one of my collectible cues. If it was not worth $1000 or more then I would take the hit and part ways.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
To the OP - The test in life is not how we act when times are good and easy, heck, everybody (nearly) is good when things are good. The test is how people act when the going gets rough. I'm not trying to say this is an excellent opportunity for judging your friend of 30 years, but rather to evaluate who it is you call friend. Speaking of which, if you know whose cue was stolen and haven't informed him, are you doing unto others as you would like them to do unto you?

To that Szamboti fella - What's the waiting list on one of those bats?

Thanks

Kevin

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
go to your friend , tell him what you know , ask to see the pawn ticket. If you can afford it, pay the pawn ( it never is near the value of the stick.)Give the stick back to it's owner. Workout a plan of payback for your friend. Don't send this guy to jail. Maybe you should have helped him out in the first place. Not blaming you , understand. But we gotta look out for our friends nowadays.