Gabby from Houston.......

playboy

Banned
I heard he was killed while in jail a few years back.Can anyone confirm that rumor?

aside from maybe Mark Tadd,he was the best black pool player(9b)I have ever seen....

anyone remember Gabby?

ajrack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gabby

A previous post about a month ago..stated he was killed in prison. I think his real name was Larry Hill(?). You might check back in previous posts for more info.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The story I heard is that the cousin of a woman, who had her finger sliced off for a ring was in the joint with Gabby. He found out Gabby was part of the group who pulled the heist on his cousin, and he nailed him permanently.
This is going back a few years.

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
The story I heard is that the cousin of a woman, who had her finger sliced off for a ring was in the joint with Gabby. He found out Gabby was part of the group who pulled the heist on his cousin, and he nailed him permanently.
This is going back a few years.

That's the same story I heard, Jay.

balls2thawall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thats the prblm. he doesnt appear to be getting out. i had a cousin just got out in November and he served with gabby. He told me that he will probably never get out. he not dead,not sure where that rumor he was killed came from. plus i have friends that have talked to Gabby recently, beleive me.it is a shame tho his talent are wasted and rottin away in prison.

CueMagic

Banned
thats the prblm. he doesnt appear to be getting out. i had a cousin just got out in November and he served with gabby. He told me that he will probably never get out. he not dead,not sure where that rumor he was killed came from. plus i have friends that have talked to Gabby recently, beleive me.it is a shame tho his talent are wasted and rottin away in prison.

Where is he serving time? Thats funny he is not getting out. He never killed anyone.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it is funny aint it? thi is our justice system tho. he i in the huntville prison,near houston.

There are 3 listed in the Texax system but none are at Huntsville. 1 is too yung so that is not him and the other 2 are 47 and 48 years old and neither of them will be out for another 20 years. Does anyone know his middle name by the way?
I saw him play in Texas like 30 years ago he must have been really young when he was playing top pool. I remember him beating Sigel back then.

androd

androd
Silver Member
There are 3 listed in the Texax system but none are at Huntsville. 1 is too yung so that is not him and the other 2 are 47 and 48 years old and neither of them will be out for another 20 years. Does anyone know his middle name by the way?
I saw him play in Texas like 30 years ago he must have been really young when he was playing top pool. I remember him beating Sigel back then.

So, they're 3 " Pouncys " listed in the prison system ?
Rod.

androd

androd
Silver Member
Do you even know his 1st and last name dude. not sure you have any idea what u r talking about.

Well, I've already posted his name. I'm not sure of the spelling but it's close. I've known him 35/45 years. I know he's alive. I've played pool with him dozens of times.
How about you ? Dude.
Rod.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doing a search of TDC records, there is a Mouise Pouncey, age 57, assigned to the Wynne Unit. Is that close to his age, Rod?

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I've already posted his name. I'm not sure of the spelling but it's close. I've known him 35/45 years. I know he's alive. I've played pool with him dozens of times.
How about you ? Dude.
Rod.
How would you know if Larry Hill is in fact his legal name?