Pat Howey aka poolshark52

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
I did not know Pat Howey, but saw the thread about his passing and decided to post this thread, so folks can have a place to share memories of him.

Glendale

Banned
Pat Howey was a great guy! He lived life to the fullest, and had tons of heart. He was not the type of guy to ever give up or give in to anything! Like Odzilla said, he was funny, too!

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
He was a GREAT player. That covers it all, Steve. I really miss Pat.

anyone who knew Pat cannot help missing him.

here is a picture of Pat. add more if you got em !

pat_howey-600x458.jpg

howey.JPG

i can only wish i had more.

Hank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat Howey

Pat was like poetry in motion running rack after rack in 14.1.The first time I saw him was at a pool hall called -CM LEE's--in Seminele ,Fla.He would treat you like he knew you all your life.GREAT PLAYER Saw him beat up on CLIFF JOYNER in 1 pocket after a big tourament[ who is this guy ] Pat was also a great shark fisherman allways out on the water.Thanks for starting this thread about our HALL OF FAMER

Hank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat Howey

Blackjack,great clip of PAT.Do you have the whole recording?Pat had one of the best SLIP STOKES to date.We shared the same birthday-2-24------
Thanks for posting the clip of PAT HOWEY.PEACE

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Blackjack,great clip of PAT.Do you have the whole recording?Pat had one of the best SLIP STOKES to date.We shared the same birthday-2-24------
Thanks for posting the clip of PAT HOWEY.PEACE

Hank,

Pat's slip stroke was INCREDIBLE! In the 2008 DCC footage that I have of Pat, he doesn't run many balls. I have footage of him on two separate days - on one of those days he ran 75 without the camera rolling. With the camera rolling, I don't think he ran more than 25, which really sucks because Pat played FLAWLESS when he got into the balls. I will try to get the complete footage posted as soon as I find it.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Hank,

Pat's slip stroke was INCREDIBLE! In the 2008 DCC footage that I have of Pat, he doesn't run many balls. I have footage of him on two separate days - on one of those days he ran 75 without the camera rolling. With the camera rolling, I don't think he ran more than 25, which really sucks because Pat played FLAWLESS when he got into the balls. I will try to get the complete footage posted as soon as I find it.

thanks to hank for the heads up.:cool:

and thanks to blackjack for posting !:cool:

andywho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was a great player. Whooped me bad at a tour at CAPS glad I got to talk to him. He used to come and hangout at my local poolhall. Sigh he lived life to the fullest. You'll always be missed pat

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Don't think most current 14.1 players have any idea as to how good Pat really was. Played with him almost daily when he lived in Rochester and played at Classic Billiards. We'd play 150 point games. A fairly high percentage of the games, Pat would run the 150 and out. We'd usually continue to play until he missed and then start again. 200 plus was a pretty regular run while he was healthy. Forgot to mention Pat used to play me 150 - 125.

Once again, I will tell you folks. If Pat had chosen to play pool instead of working a real job, he would have been considered one of the greats of the game. His talent for 14.1 was as great as anyone I've seen up close and personal. His patterns were incredible! Never understood how he could play that well with the slip stroke and a ten mm shaft though!!!! During the 70's, we were lucky enough to have Pat, Irving Crane, Larry Hubbart and Mike Sigel in our room almost daily. Babe Cranfield and Dennis Hatch were only an hour away as well. Putting Pat into the same sentence with those all time greats is easy!

I'm proud to have called him my friend and mentor.

Lyn

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Don't think most current 14.1 players have any idea as to how good Pat really was. Played with him almost daily when he lived in Rochester and played at Classic Billiards. We'd play 150 point games. A fairly high percentage of the games, Pat would run the 150 and out. We'd usually continue to play until he missed and then start again. 200 plus was a pretty regular run while he was healthy. Forgot to mention Pat used to play me 150 - 125.

Once again, I will tell you folks. If Pat had chosen to play pool instead of working a real job, he would have been considered one of the greats of the game. His talent for 14.1 was as great as anyone I've seen up close and personal. His patterns were incredible! Never understood how he could play that well with the slip stroke and a ten mm shaft though!!!! During the 70's, we were lucky enough to have Pat, Irving Crane, Larry Hubbart and Mike Sigel in our room almost daily. Babe Cranfield and Dennis Hatch were only an hour away as well. Putting Pat into the same sentence with those all time greats is easy!

I'm proud to have called him my friend and mentor.

Lyn

In my eyes, Pat Howey IS one of the greatest of all time - as a player and as a person. I am wondering why the mods have not put poolshark52 in red to officially put him in the Azbilliards Hall of Fame. It was such an honor to have Pat participating in all of the 14.1 discussions.