Ontario AM Qualifier May 23rd Silver Tips

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone going? I was thinking of giving it a try, never played in one before.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This an amateur qualifier for the Canadians?

Last edited:

trophycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
director

Anyone know who makes the call on amateur or not............few yrs ago, I wasn't allowed to play in the amateur 9 ball.............then they let Kirk Stevens play in the amateur snooker..........no knock on Kirk, truly one of my dear old freinds.............but a much more acomplished player than I...................contact info would be appreciated...............tx

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know who makes the call on amateur or not............few yrs ago, I wasn't allowed to play in the amateur 9 ball.............then they let Kirk Stevens play in the amateur snooker..........no knock on Kirk, truly one of my dear old freinds.............but a much more acomplished player than I...................contact info would be appreciated...............tx

Not sure who the rep is but, here is a link where all the qualifiers are listed. You could probably find out anything you need to know by calling/attending one.....good luck

http://www.shooterville.com/events.asp

srs314

shooterville.com

I'm not sure there was ever a Canadian Amateur Division for the Snooker. You may be thinking about him playing in the World Amateur which would have different guidelines.

Currently in the Snooker there is an Open event and a Senior event so everyone plays with everyone.

This should have links to the contacts that will be able to tell you where you fit in.

http://www.shooterville.com/tourdetails.asp?id=15

All the best,

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still think it's unfair that the previous top 8 of last years event can't play in this years event. Top 8 of last years (even the winner) stand no chance in the open. Well Mikey has a chance.

trophycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure there was ever a Canadian Amateur Division for the Snooker. You may be thinking about him playing in the World Amateur which would have different guidelines.

Currently in the Snooker there is an Open event and a Senior event so everyone plays with everyone.

This should have links to the contacts that will be able to tell you where you fit in.

http://www.shooterville.com/tourdetails.asp?id=15

All the best,

Tx for replying Scott.........the world amatuer thing is what thru me.

srs314

shooterville.com
I still think it's unfair that the previous top 8 of last years event can't play in this years event. Top 8 of last years (even the winner) stand no chance in the open. Well Mikey has a chance.

I think this is a tough one but you have to have some kind of system. This happens to be the way many other tour and league systems are setup for ranking of players and advancing them to higher divisons. The CBSA certainly didn't invent this.

That being said yes it forces a borderline group forward. Some welcome the challenge and even though you have brought this up Gatz I think you're one of the players that the CBSA is perfect for as it supplies an avenue for you to earn your way into World events. I've seen how hard you've worked and watched you practice a little bit lately and I personally think you need to give your current abiliy much more credit!

Just my thoughts,

Last edited:

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im going to play in the 10ball open for sure, that will be great. People with better breaks will do much better. In 9 ball a weaker breaker doesn't usually get punished much for it.

I will play in the 9ball open if I get a qualifying spot. Don't really want to fork out 300+ bucks for it :(. In my mind I can do very well if I play at my best, and I think Mike P has a great chance aswell.

I'm quite glad im improving honestly, the quicker I rank up in the 404 the more I want to practice, because it feels great :thumbup:.

I just don't think it should of been top 8. Should of been maybe top 6, maybe!.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are the top 8 of last years Amateur event.

1: Brad Guthrie - Never seen this guy play in a 404 (Would be a 7 in 404)

2: Marc Bucais -Don't even see this guy anymore, which is a shame :( (7 in 404)

3: Mike Patrowicz -Plays everyday (8 in 404)

4: Dean MacNaughton -Plays Almost everyday, I work to much :( (7 in 404)

5/6: Tony Lai - Casual player, but plays very well for little playing time he puts in (7 in 404)

5/6: Peter Jackson - Casual player (6 in 404)

7/8: Eric Bradley - I don't even know this guy, so hes probably a casual player lol

7/8: Arbi Seyrani - Casual player (6 in 404)

I wouldn't even play in the Amateurs if I was allowed to. I don't think im to good enough to play, but I just think I can do well in the open, and would like to try it out.

But in my opinion, there are 3-5 guys on here that play casually, don't take it as serious, and choose not to put in the time to practice, which is fine. But I think they should be allowed to still play in the Amateurs.

There are quite a few guys that didn't make the top 8, and are in my opinion better players then some of the top 8 listed lol. Id be careful of them this year hehe ;).

Here is some of the guys that played but didn't get into the top 8, that I think could of easily won the tournament.

-George Cornelious
-Tom Liordos
-Tyler Nearing
-Elio D'Andrea
-Randy Fawcett

This tournament was stronger than I thought LOL. These are just some of the examples, there are a couple more on there.

Im just saying I think it should of been no more than the top 5 thats all. Top 8 with more than 64 players sure.

Last edited:

srs314

shooterville.com
Good lists and I agree with everything.

Top 4 sounds right to me. Or a percentage of the field.

netspec

www.netspec.ca
Silver Member
Just curious...who won this qualifier. Also a question of interest. What would be the possibility of holding a sort of quick fire type qualifier on a weeknight? I'm sure there might be some type of interest in this. Like a single elimination type qualifier. I'm too busy to come out to a weekend tournament :(