Not Much Betting On A $100,000 match

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
The match is off! I won't go into the details here but as I suspected it's not happening.
P.S. Dennis got 100% of his prize money!

lmao, shocker. I knew that this John French clown wasn't going to throw away $50K if he even has 50 to throw.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The match is off! I won't go into the details here but as I suspected it's not happening.
P.S. Dennis got 100% of his prize money!

Thanks for the info Jay. I appreciate you sharing your inside source and perspective.

Gideon

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you would watch it anyway, what does it matter?
What product are you buying the $100,000 or them playing each other? I would consider it a lie when I purchased the PPV and it wasn't them playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point is moot as match is off. You seem to want to challenge my opinion. If you disagree, fine. If I'm told the match is for $100K then it should be so, IMO. Why lie and tell me it's for $100K if it's for $40K...what does it matter?

You ask the bolded question as though I have to pick one. I don't have to pick one, I'm buying both.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got to feel sorry for Al and Coles. They are most likely the ones that will have to clean up the mess...

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The match is off as in cancelled?

Upstate Al still promoting the match as of a few hours ago on the live stream thread.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
OK, this match is done, stick a folk in it. Now on to the next mess in pool. Johnnyt

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you own a business? Can you let us know how much you personally invest in it?

Come on it doesn't matter. I know Shane and I as a friend I would never ask him, if he did tell me I wouldn't tell anyone.

1. It was mentioned on here a few times.

2. If Dennis himself said he is putting up half of the $50K, he must then know someone somewhere will quote him on that.

3. That ^ makes it fair game to ask.

4. I wasn't asking you.

kapeesh?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now I'm told that they are trying to "fix" the problem and have a match, perhaps for less money, maybe a lot less. This is becoming a soap opera. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. It was mentioned on here a few times.

2. If Dennis himself said he is putting up half of the $50K, he must then know someone somewhere will quote him on that.

3. That ^ makes it fair game to ask.

4. I wasn't asking you.

kapeesh?

Nope

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
Now I'm told that they are trying to "fix" the problem and have a match, perhaps for less money, maybe a lot less. This is becoming a soap opera. :rolleyes:

I'm willing to bet Shane and Mars didn't like the BS. For everyone asking what the big deal is, if you start lying about how much money is in the middle, its pretty easy to go from there and start match fixing, we have heard of players dumping before, but manipulating outcomes creates drama and rematches which are strong advertising tools.

Quite frankly I didn't think this match was going to happen when I first heard about, especially considering that Shane would have to give up games on the wire for it to be even money.

Idk about the Dennis and Ko match being funny, but I don't know how much experience Ko has in gambling/action but its less than Dennis and Shane.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
It may have something to do w/John French being involved after what happened in the Orcullo v. Ko match for $20K (not). Many people have posted they would not bet on this one.

Again, this was from my observations and what was read and could be completely wrong assumption.

Nope, not wrong. That last match left a bad taste in my mouth and has me not really wanting to throw good money after bad.

Since I wont be betting on it I will also not be paying for the PPV or watching it despite being on days off. Pool is normally a lot more fun to watch when I am betting on it. Betting is only fun when the match is on the level. The last match was complete 100% BS, and those involved in it even admitted such after the fact. What is was "sold" as and what it really ended up being were not the same thing at all. It was bullshit.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe winner gets 4K, loser gets 2K exhibition.

Then a side bet for 10K with Dennis getting 15 games on the wire.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
If Dennis got the full winnings from DCC, my guess would be that the contract with French got thrown out. Now they are probably trying to figure out new conditions for the big match. Since French got none of the DCC winnings, I doubt that he's now willing to throw away a full $50k of his own money.

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm left to wonder if ESPN is aware of the latest, hopefully it doesn't impact any pending decisions.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Since you seem to be the bigtime pool room guru around here I don't dare get into any kind of argument with you. There will be zero follow-up writings here from me to you.....(I do know where the turnip truck parks)
So, I will just use your own words.
"It is a stupid thing to say, even in jest"......what you just posted.
Apparently you don't know as much as you think you know, in spite of books, articles, and a thousand years of experience, etc. etc.
ALL pool players will do business if things fall into place just right.
You just don't know it.

Hey GoldenFISH...Don't screw with Lord Vader.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV2DLkDPwM8