Mezz cue with Hybrid Pro 2 shaft. Opinions from users please

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Was offered a trade for my Samsara with Tru Shaft for a Mezz ec7 with Hybrid Pro 2 shaft.
I dont know anything about that cue or shaft. It looks to be a solid wood LD shaft, possibly similar to the Samsara?
looking for users with history and/or reviews of it.
Thanks!!!

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz has a solid reputation of putting out good equipment. I copied this from there website. It's their 2nd most expensive shaft, just one notch under the EXPro.

The Mezz Hybrid Pro II Shaft uses the combination of Hybrid Carbon Core (HCC) and front-end technology to achieve the uppermost performance of a low deflection shaft. The unique construction gives the player a genuine solid feel and superior performance of power and control.

Tip: Kamui Original (S)

Tip Diameter: 12.5 mm

Ferrule: NX Ferrule

Taper: PRO2 Pro Taper

Joint: Various

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most solid feeling LD shaft ever
I don't know about the Hybrid Pro II shaft, but I use the Mezz EXPro shaft, and it blows away any Predator shaft in terms of solid feel / no vibration with still very little deflection. I've even switched to using one for my break shaft with a hard tip, for the same reason players are using Revo shafts to break with - improved accuracy which is critical on break shots.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was offered a trade for my Samsara with Tru Shaft for a Mezz ec7 with Hybrid Pro 2 shaft.
I dont know anything about that cue or shaft. It looks to be a solid wood LD shaft, possibly similar to the Samsara?
looking for users with history and/or reviews of it.
Thanks!!!
HP2 is pretty darned stiff. Plays great but a tad stiff. EXPro is not as stiff. Plays great as well. Mezz wood shafts are tough to beat. I've got an older HybridPro(same as the HybridAlpha). I love it. Old school stiff feel to it. I got it 'cause i like the 12.8mm size.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know about the Hybrid Pro II shaft, but I use the Mezz EXPro shaft, and it blows away any Predator shaft in terms of solid feel / no vibration with still very little deflection. I've even switched to using one for my break shaft with a hard tip, for the same reason players are using Revo shafts to break with - improved accuracy which is critical on break shots.

Same here. Just recently switched from a Universal Smart Shaft to the ExPro and I absolutely love the way it hits/plays.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a Mezz Hybrid for awhile... It played really good. But I tried a Ex Pro and fell in love with it. So I think after trying several tips on it. I have settled on the perfect feel.

They are both really good shafts. But the Hybrid just doesn't feel as good as the Ex Pro. But we all have our own preferences. Luckily Mezz gives lots of options.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used a Mezz Hybrid for awhile... It played really good. But I tried a Ex Pro and fell in love with it. So I think after trying several tips on it. I have settled on the perfect feel.

They are both really good shafts. But the Hybrid just doesn't feel as good as the Ex Pro. But we all have our own preferences. Luckily Mezz gives lots of options.
So you say you've tried several different tips on your Mezz EXPro shaft before settling on the tip you like the best. Just curious - exactly what tip is that?

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
HP2 is pretty darned stiff. Plays great but a tad stiff. EXPro is not as stiff. Plays great as well. Mezz wood shafts are tough to beat. I've got an older HybridPro(same as the HybridAlpha). I love it. Old school stiff feel to it. I got it 'cause i like the 12.8mm size.

You may want to look into their new WXalpha shaft then 12.8, new ferrule material, no carbon core!

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have a Hybrid Pro 2 shaft (with a soft tip) on a Joss butt. This is the best shaft I played with, it changed my game a lot, he is stiffer than other LD shafts, but can produce much power with less effort. I also have Jacoby Edge Hybrid, Tiger Ultra X shafts, but Mezz HP2 is what suits me better. I also tried an ExPro shaft on my butt, and sincerely didn't feel much difference between them.

For EC7 butts I played with 3 of them (tried with the same shaft and with different one)
EC7-W6 this butt produce a very stiff hit, too stiff for me, but it is the best looking in this series.
EC7-WMW nice hit, nice look, for me it's similar with my Joss butt, liked it.
EC7-R nice look, but I didn't like the feel at all.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Well I got it. EC7 Purple Heart with Hybrid Pro 2 shaft. Great looking cue and hits very similarly my Samsara. LD seems good although I am not a good judge of it, I don’t like the long ferrule though. I am used to very short ones. Wouldn’t it be even lower LD with a short ferrule?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums