"Convenience Charge"

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
I was just visiting the www.derbycityclassic.com website (nice) and among many updates they have added a "Convenience Charge" to the entry fee of each event.

I am curious as to what "convenience" this charge is for?

On another note, I am sorry to see that they have taken down the homage to past champions of these events.

ilovepool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would say they are charging for the credit card fee. They have to pay to processs the payments, so they're trying to pass it on to the players. I was going to register that way, but I'm going to save the 10.00 or so. Wonder if anyone else feels the same?

Greg/Diamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know exactly why the credit card companies won't let us call their charges what they are, only guess, anyway for players "convience" they can sign up with their cards and not take any chance of getting shut out of a tournament they want to play.......... I hate to close it, but we've learned the absolute max is 500 in any event. If it comes up this year it will be enforced! ........... Also please sign up before the day of the event and avoid late charges ($25). We can't handle long lines the day of the event and allow it to delay the draw, sorry! ...........Also we are already trying to bring back the past champions along with pictures.....It's been an ordeal getting the new site revamped...a long sad story, better forgotten!.........As for the smoke...I'ts getting better. Upstairs and the main tournament room as well as the hotel itself is nonsmoking per a city ordinance. This takes the heat off me as I can't be around smoke myself! However, it's legal to smoke in a bar in KY. The hotel staff and officers will enforce that! I'ts a grey area in the so called Action Room whether it is part of the Bar or not...We'll see how the officers and hotel staff handle it...................Greg/Diamond............Thanks again for comments and suggestions!!!!

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
CrownCityCorey said:
I was just visiting the www.derbycityclassic.com website (nice) and among many updates they have added a "Convenience Charge" to the entry fee of each event.

I am curious as to what "convenience" this charge is for?

On another note, I am sorry to see that they have taken down the homage to past champions of these events.
If you are "Corey Harper
Sales & Marketing Manager
BlueMarbleBilliardslogosmall.jpg

Tiger Products" and also "House Pro" at:
then maybe you should learn how to spell B-I-L-L-I-A-R-D-S