Samsara Cue Question

sgengaro86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am looking at a used Samsara cue. I have a few questions and wondered if anyone had useful thoughts. First, do all Samsaras hit/play the same. For example, is a $600 Samsara going to play as well as a $2000 cue? I assume yes as long as the shaft is the same. Second, has anyone played the Samsara "True Shaft"? Finally, Amy general overall thoughts on Samsara cues???
Thanks in advance!!!!

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ended up with a Samsara in a partial trade, I wasn't really looking for another cue, but man does this cue play well and the workmanship is exceptionally clean. Mine is an eight point cocobola into bacote. The "veneers" are actually recuts. This cue runs $900 and I have one of their standard shafts, but it has a nice fat taper, which I really like. It starts to grow around 4" back from the ferrule. The cue is a solid player that everyone who has tried it really likes it. I've only played with one other samsara and it played the same, maybe a hair more solid. It had a cocobolo forearm if I recall. I'd say it was very similar to a Capone I had, but I like the samsara better. I would assume with the same taper that their cues should all play the same.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
I am looking at a used Samsara cue. I have a few questions and wondered if anyone had useful thoughts. First, do all Samsaras hit/play the same. For example, is a $600 Samsara going to play as well as a $2000 cue? I assume yes as long as the shaft is the same. Second, has anyone played the Samsara "True Shaft"? Finally, Amy general overall thoughts on Samsara cues???
Thanks in advance!!!!

I just started playing with them. I have the TrueShaft. I really like it. Solid maple with LD results. Very short ferrule. Craftsmanship is exceptional.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Never owned one but I have played quite a bit with one. I really liked it and was going to get one at one point. Found a better deal on a bloodworth (which Leonard stole from me) though. No expierance with a true shaft, as this was 2004-2007.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Friend of mine has a high dollar Samsara numbered LTD in his collection. The inlay work and fine choice high grade blank is Cocobola is impeccable. It was signed by 2-3 of the employees who built it.

He has both the standard and LD shafts. I have played it with both shafts but for me I would prefer longer taper. Very well balanced. Feels lighter than my 18.6oz player but is 19.5oz. Hit solid and felt great.

As nice as it looks. Personally, I probably would have opted for an -R-.

Go Falcons:groucho:

-Kat,

mrkaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Samsara's are made in a town about 1 hour from where I live so a lot of people play with them here. I think all their cues play very similar. I think they are all cored. Their craftsmanship is exceptional.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I play with a Samsara and absolutely love it. It is the best hitting cue I've ever used. This isn't just my opinion. Every time I let someone hit balls with my cue they tell me it is unbelievable and that I'm cheating.

I believe they all hit very similar and that any differences would be based on the shaft you use. But regardless of price they are all super solid.

As for shafts, I currently use the Predator 314-2. I have a Tru-Shaft as well but just haven't made the switch yet. It is a little thicker taper than I'm used to and I know I'd have to adjust, and haven't wanted to go through that yet. But I do like the Tru-Shaft and think I will be switching soon.

I believe Danny Smith uses a Samsara with a Tru-Shaft and loves the hit as well.

I think it's worth mentioning that I have heard NO ONE say one negative thing about the Samsara. Everyone thinks they're good cues. They might prefer another cue, but that's a matter of taste, not a criticism of Samsara.

I get my equipment from Mike Fieldhammer who helps with their website and inventory. His number is 612-802-0519. He can answer questions on availability, pricing, and is a knowledgeable pool player so can speak to different hits. Most importantly he's good to deal with, so as long as he knows you're not kicking tires he might let you order something with a return policy if you're not thrilled with it. He's looking for happy Samsara representatives, not a quick scalp. If you give him a shot I'd bet you become one. Tell him Tin Man (aka Demetrius Jelatis) says hi.

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
I bought mine right from Jim (owner and builder) on the phone. Got great service!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I repped Samsara Cues all over the country for 8 years, right after they moved from NH back to Rugby. Excellent build quality, and great playing cues. I'm still playing with both of mine. I usually play with my Revo shaft, but I can switch to either of my LD shafts (Tiger ProX & G-Core), or the original 13mm shafts that came with the cues, with no adjustment. Samsaras play great! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I've only played with the Samsara Low Deflection shaft. I can say that it's by far my favorite LD shaft. It's a solid shaft with extremely low deflection. Not sure how they do it but it's the real deal. Never played with the whole cue so can't speak for that. The True shaft is off the hook IMHO.

njrackless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a few Samsara cues and I play exclusively with them. Depending on the weight, shaft and length, they will shoot differently as expected.

If you get one, I highly recommend their LD true shaft.

Bryan
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a 1 0f 2 built from a Civil War family heirloom jewelry box that was broken over a marital spat. the husband salvaged the wood from it and had Samsara use it to make 2 cues...I traded it to Pat Diveney years ago for a Chester Krick cause I wanted a local to me Cuemaker cue.Wonder at times where the Samsara is now. A friend has my old Krick so I can see it still! Lol Love Samsara's Intarsia inlay work.

Attachments

• samsara buttsleeve.jpg
    samsara buttsleeve.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,311
  • samsara forearm.jpg
    samsara forearm.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,330

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw somebody on here was selling the sister cue to this. It had the normal pin. Mine had he quick release. My cue was appraised at like 4 g's! Wow. I traded a friend for it strait-cross cause he didn't like the fat butt. Personally I could never spend over a G for a cue but been lucky on trades.