65-ball straight pool?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
did anyone count how many times he worked himself into trouble, and/or took a flyer and got fortunate...

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
did anyone count how many times he worked himself into trouble, and/or took a flyer and got fortunate...
I saw several places where I said to myself, "just play that, stop, short cut, easy combo along the rail, combo ball still there and he has that area cleared." Instead he shot something with power and knocked more balls together. I couldn't watch to the end.

I wonder how he would play actual 14.1. I don't think any of the Ko brothers have entered the US events, but I could be wrong.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
The two that stood out to me was the jump shot early on, and the attempt at clearing the large cluster on the right that CB barely cleared for a single choice up table.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
This is more or less 14.1 with 65 balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb8xM__lo70

I don't like his patterns, but I've never played pool with more than 21 object balls on the table.

I bought a bunch of "8 ball" sets from when the guy who made starball decided to sell off his inventory. Half were red, half were red stripe with no numbers and the 8 has a star on it. I've put probably 40 balls on at once and just hit them in for fun. I only used the red balls so as to not get distracted with stripes and solids. When a pocket gets full, the balls get set up in interesting clusters on the rails. If you ever get the chance to do this, I'd highly recommend it. It gives you such a great feeling, almost like when you were a kid and were just flinging balls around with your hands. It's great practice for cluster work, tight position and small movements of the CB. Best of all, it's super fun.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was Han, correct? The youngest of the 3?

That was fun to watch, and a little nerve racking. His smile at the end was awesome.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is a similar drill that Hohmann has on his FB page: 54.1. it's a triangle of 54 balls plus the break ball. It looks more like 14.1, at least the part I watched.