Anti-Seize on Joint?

Mirfster

Registered
Apologies if this is a silly question, but has anyone ever entertained the idea of using a little Anti-Seize on the joint?

I only ask because I use strictly Ray Schuler cues and on a couple rare occasions it has been pretty darn tough to unscrew.

Any insight would be appreciated and if this is "plain stupid"; feel free to tell me so as well. :)

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Apologies if this is a silly question, but has anyone ever entertained the idea of using a little Anti-Seize on the joint?

I only ask because I use strictly Ray Schuler cues and on a couple rare occasions it has been pretty darn tough to unscrew.

Any insight would be appreciated and if this is "plain stupid"; feel free to tell me so as well. :)

Get some graphite dust, put a little in the shaft insert and screw it on and off a few times.

I wouldn't put any nasty chemicals on because they might hurt the adhesive in the joint work and cause issues

Mirfster

Registered
Another remedy is ordinary shaft wax (if you use it and have it available)

Get some graphite dust, put a little in the shaft insert and screw it on and off a few times.

I wouldn't put any nasty chemicals on because they might hurt the adhesive in the joint work and cause issues

Wow, some very interesting thoughts. I will for sure avoid the idea of anti-sieze and look into these.

Thanks!