Balabushka Cues. Are the new ones decent or not

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello.

I am looking at a Gb-23. It is a beautiful cue and I had one of the Adams one years ago and regretted selling it as it was a really decent playing cue. I for some reason love the look of them and want to know if the new ones are any good. I have read they are now made in China and most things from there are usually of cheaper quality. I cannot find anyone with any experience with these new ones and was hoping someone would be able to help me to as if they are a good cue or a bad investment. Thanks

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no experience with the Chinese made Buskas.
I have heard that the Chinese version is not as good as the Japanese version.
But I have a Chinese made Lucasi cue that is 10 years old and is still straight with a still shiny finish.

The Chinese are capable of making very good cues.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello.

I am looking at a Gb-23. It is a beautiful cue and I had one of the Adams one years ago and regretted selling it as it was a really decent playing cue. I for some reason love the look of them and want to know if the new ones are any good. I have read they are now made in China and most things from there are usually of cheaper quality. I cannot find anyone with any experience with these new ones and was hoping someone would be able to help me to as if they are a good cue or a bad investment. Thanks
I'm fairly sure but not 100% that the new 'bushka copies are made in same factory as Lucasi/Players/Predator in China. While not as nice as the ADAM-Japan versions they look to be well made. IMO they are overpriced just because of the name. For what they ask retail i'd look elsewhere. I'd but a Schon, Mezz, Pechauer myself.

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok Thanks , I would love to find a older japan version , Just to have one back in my collection so to speak. I have been looking at a Joss for a while also . Meucci used to be the go to Cue in this area and I have read since Bob's Daughter took over Production the Quality is not up to par anymore . I played with Bob's Pro line and they were fantastic , but pricey. Thanks for the info .

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok Thanks , I would love to find a older japan version , Just to have one back in my collection so to speak. I have been looking at a Joss for a while also . Meucci used to be the go to Cue in this area and I have read since Bob's Daughter took over Production the Quality is not up to par anymore . I played with Bob's Pro line and they were fantastic , but pricey. Thanks for the info .
His daughter runs Budget Billiards. Not at the shop anymore. Stick with the basic non-fancy models. Pro shaft plays great. I use a Mezz and am uber impressed with their quality.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had one 10 years ago,it was the best one I ever saw

a remake of willie Mosconi's Balabushka

sold it for $600,probably hard to sell
for any more now

I had schon make the same model tribute,now tose are CUES+

i i wish i had one back

JLW

Dunder Mifflin Salesman
Silver Member
I've got one that's about 20 years old. I still think it's the most beautiful cue I've ever seen. Recently got a low deflection shaft for it, and it still plays great.

Ipmtim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A guy on my team bought one about 9 months ago.
Good looking cue, quality seems decent can't find any defects that stand out and the hit is really nice. They seem pricey but I think that is because of the "bushka" name.