The future of Pool, AZB, and the sport

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
First off I spell, and punchuate crappy. So for that sorry.

I have been back on the forum a while, and would like to make a comment. If you can only be negative, and nasty keep your thought to yourself please, as I am trying to say something positive.

1. The forum has a lot of good people, and I will not try tolist them all, but there are many. Scott Lee the master instructor, who I do not see eye to eye with give a lot back to the sport.

Like when he was in PHX many years ago, and did a FREE Clinic at the local Boy & Girl Club in PHX. Hopefull he made a difference in one kids lives, but I am sure it was many. Thanks again Scott.

2. One of Pool big problems in the USA, is too many ponds, with too many big fish ruling each pond. IMHO Pool USA would be better if BCAPL, APA, etc., all went away, and the leagues all went under one brand. One organization would benefit everyone, and it would be better for the amatures, and professionals.

This ONE system seems to work in MLB, NFL, NHL, and other pro sports. NASCAR is a prime example, so is NHRA.

3. Last we as people who have played the game for years need to help new people. Show them a few things for FREE to help them with their game. Do just try and take advantage of them, and hustle them.

Where I live we have a group called MisCues. The lady who runs the group welcomes new people, she promotes the club, sport, and offer FREE LESSONS.

The group is growing, but also there it the problem most of the people are old, they get sick, disabled, or die. But the group over the last 10 years has more member then 10 years ago. That too me is a good thing.

4. Last this great forum would die without new members, yes I know many question have been asked 100 times before. But answer the new person question is better then saying search archives. Might make the person who is new feel more welcome.

Mike Howerton & his staff of Moderator do a good job, with out Mike & staff AZB would have died long ago. THANKS.

Just a few thought.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
First off I spell, and punchuate crappy. So for that sorry.

I have been back on the forum a while, and would like to make a comment. If you can only be negative, and nasty keep your thought to yourself please, as I am trying to say something positive.

1. The forum has a lot of good people, and I will not try tolist them all, but there are many. Scott Lee the master instructor, who I do not see eye to eye with give a lot back to the sport.

Like when he was in PHX many years ago, and did a FREE Clinic at the local Boy & Girl Club in PHX. Hopefull he made a difference in one kids lives, but I am sure it was many. Thanks again Scott.

2. One of Pool big problems in the USA, is too many ponds, with too many big fish ruling each pond. IMHO Pool USA would be better if BCAPL, APA, etc., all went away, and the leagues all went under one brand. One organization would benefit everyone, and it would be better for the amatures, and professionals.

This ONE system seems to work in MLB, NFL, NHL, and other pro sports. NASCAR is a prime example, so is NHRA.

3. Last we as people who have played the game for years need to help new people. Show them a few things for FREE to help them with their game. Do just try and take advantage of them, and hustle them.

Where I live we have a group called MisCues. The lady who runs the group welcomes new people, she promotes the club, sport, and offer FREE LESSONS.

The group is growing, but also there it the problem most of the people are old, they get sick, disabled, or die. But the group over the last 10 years has more member then 10 years ago. That too me is a good thing.

4. Last this great forum would die without new members, yes I know many question have been asked 100 times before. But answer the new person question is better then saying search archives. Might make the person who is new feel more welcome.

Mike Howerton & his staff of Moderator do a good job, with out Mike & staff AZB would have died long ago. THANKS.

Just a few thought.

Tap tap tap

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell us about the time that guy solicited free pool items for the kids and then got caught selling them.

And he still wouldn't tip at a restaurant.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Tell us about the time that guy solicited free pool items for the kids and then got caught selling them.

And he still wouldn't tip at a restaurant.

Well that is a urband legend. Sound like a big foot sighting.

So crawl back in your hole.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well that is a urband legend. Sound like a big foot sighting.

So crawl back in your hole.

Bullshiit. You got caught doing it.

You can come on here and lie about your betrayal of trust and the manipulation of others' goodwill, in an effort to rewrite history...but many of us remember your deception...along with your 23 screennames.

Sham, shame, shame, sham.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And while we got each other:
1. How many times have you been banned from azb?

B- What words did you use that permitted your return? I am sure some of our other previously banned members would also like to return and might benefit from knowing the accepted language.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree with #2... I don't believe amateur leagues should go away. I think they do their part to help grow our sport. I do however believe there should be one pro governing body. But I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Your message is good. But I thought I would chime in on your do away with all organizations and leagues.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I disagree with #2... I don't believe amateur leagues should go away. I think they do their part to help grow our sport. I do however believe there should be one pro governing body. But I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

Your message is good. But I thought I would chime in on your do away with all organizations and leagues.

I might have confused you, my point was all POOL, under one Orginization. Armatures, Pro, all competitive. BCA was a Non Profit Orginization, they at one time had most competitive under one group.

The NFL is trying to do that with youth football, at City level. NFL is also trying to build fans base, as an off shoot of sponsorship.

gibson

gibson
Most people learn and advance by competing against better players. The better players don't usually share anything. One of the common quotes. " When I first walked into the pool room everyone wanted to play Charlie, now nobody wants to give Charlie a game." Charlie had to play a lot of pool to get there.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Most people learn and advance by competing against better players. The better players don't usually share anything. One of the common quotes. " When I first walked into the pool room everyone wanted to play Charlie, now nobody wants to give Charlie a game." Charlie had to play a lot of pool to get there.

Well there are instructional DVD's that were not around in the 1950-1960, that are full of great how to information.

Scott Frost & Fast Lenny do on one the Game of One Pocket.

Mark Otto sells his basic, and advanced DVD, plus Little Joe's Kicking & Banking DVD's.

But one must invest time, and energy into practice, to master the techniques taught in the DVD's.

You just can not pick up a Cue, and be a great player over night. Pro Pool players, like most Professional in other sport did not get to be a top player over night.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep whining, you illiterate toad. But at least put it out for all to see, instead of pm-ing me.

I wouldn't spend 10 seconds researching the turds you have imposed on the forum. Plenty of us recall your crap.

How about posting for banned members? That was great Too!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180619-202211.jpg
    Screenshot_20180619-202211.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 368

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stop harassing me by pm.

You have sent far too many today .

And let me guess: you probably also complained to the moderator/s too, didn't you, ya thick slab?

You gotta know the only reason you were permitted to return after multiple indiscretions is that the ears got tired of talking to you?

I am also not wanting to hear you.

Piss off.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since 2009, we have, as a people, sought to understand why the rules apply differently to Bruce d'lis, aka: cocoballa, pool slueth, azbiclist...and a slew of other names, discovered and undiscovered.

Like the fabled Atlantis, the yeti and did lance Armstrong have multiple balls...it appears we will never know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180619-215127.jpg
    Screenshot_20180619-215127.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 225