37 & 49 ball runs

dash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off let me apologize for this lengthy thread.I don't talk much but when i do my wife says I ramble on too much.Sorry I haven't posted any videos til now,but I have enjoyed watching everyones videos that has them posted.37 & 49 are not my best runs and certainly not my worst.The table I have is not cut for straight pool.Pockets are 4 1/4"(actually 4 3/16" but whos counting:smile:)Waaay to tight for 14.1 IMO.Definitely makes me want to pull my hair out(if I had any left).In the next couple weeks I'll add some 50s & 60s.Then some 70s & 80s.And so forth.I always heard if you start at the bottom nowhere to go but up.
I'll try to answer some questions that some of you may or may not have.
1st-yes the table is dirty(call me lazy)the cloth is mali that came with the table.
2nd-yes the balls are dirty(did I say call me lazy?)they are cheap sportscraft-elcheapo's
3rd-yes I'm lazy:eek:

so please feel free to critisize,advise,or despise me.:D
but truly thank you guys for your videos and I hope you enjoy mine.

37 ball run- http://www.vimeo.com/13187947

49 ball run- http://www.vimeo.com/13187179

---DASH---

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the 49 is not watchable, unmark private in settings. You play fast and loose wich i like but you should take a little more time and pay a little more attention on position play i think. nice run,keep it up

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
the 49 is not watchable, unmark private in settings. You play fast and loose wich i like but you should take a little more time and pay a little more attention on position play i think. nice run,keep it up

i thought the same......

try to play groups of balls rather than Ball to Ball, start planning ahead a bit more !

-Steve

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
37 Ball Run

I enjoyed watching your video (37 ball run). Can not open the 49 ball run.
Keep up the good shooting. Looking forward to more videos from you.

dash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
49 ball run has been fixed.thanks fellas:thumbup:

---DASH---

dash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Added another 37 ball run.Figured I'd better put it here than take up more thread space.Thanks 14-1 Straightman,Sascha,and Steve for the compliments and advice.Hope to hear more.

37 ball run#2 http://www.vimeo.com/13224494

---DASH---

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Added another 37 ball run.Figured I'd better put it here than take up more thread space.Thanks 14-1 Straightman,Sascha,and Steve for the compliments and advice.Hope to hear more.

37 ball run#2 http://www.vimeo.com/13224494

---DASH---

My comments on the 2nd 37 ball run :

I would have shot the 6 Ball with draw to get to the 15 to the 7 & 13 next, use one of them to break up the 2 and the striped ball. the way you went into the balls when you shot the 6 in i am sure you did not know what you shoot next and where the balls are going to be after you hit them. then again, you shot the 15 in and did not know what to shoot next or in other words did not pay attention to position. later you shot that ball in the side and bumped the 7 which could have easily tied up with the 8 ball. no need to bump a ball there. then you made a big mistake there by shooting the 8 ball ! you should have played the stripe on the right side, come over for the 7 in the corner and then the 4 in the side,stop shot, perfect breakshot. again, when you shot in the 7 to go for the 4 next you did not pay any attention at all where you want to be for a straight in 4 ball. Thats why you ended up with a bad angle on the 4 and you had to go down and back up and ended almost straight in looks like. In this position i would go 2 rails with a lot of right english. then you broke the balls open, had a combo there but again, no position play at all, i would have played position for the 5 on the left side rail and then probably break em again with the 9, 6 ball is insurance ball. you broke em again and the shot the 1 in the side with really bad position for the stripe in the other side. always go 2 rails on that shot because you always go towards the ball that way. you left yourself in tough position there on the end rail. later you shot the 8 in the corner and bumped the stripe again ! no go ! all balls were open. you should have shot the 8,stop shot, 4 next,draw back up for the 2 or 6. Shoot one of them and then 12 next. easy break again then. you did not draw enough of the 4 ball to the 12. you shot the 12 in without planning your next shot or position. Result is you ended up downtable with a tough shot and no good breakshot. Well, at 11:54 i would have shot the ball on the right side rail in, play position for the 4 on the corner of the rack, stop it there, play the 15 next to go into the 10 and 5. next are the 2 balls into the lower right corner. you went into the balls again and that can get you into trouble like you were before. my way, you controll all balls and run into no ball at all. see a difference ? again you shot that ball into the lower right corner without knowing whats next. you shot the ball into the side later on and had to play position for the 5 and 9 into the right corner. maybe you did and just overhit it,ok. if so, you shot the 7 in the side next but that would have been my keyball. i would have shot the 3 in the corner,stop,9 next...result = open table. then you shot the 5 in and went forward. from there you should have played the 15 go 1 rail over to the 9 on the right side. you shot the 1 ball which hung in the corner but again you went into balls which at this stage of the rack is a no go. and again paying no attention to where you hit the ball, where its gonna go, where is the cueball going, what do you shooot next. lets say you made the ball, what you got ? A 3 12 combo or you shoot the breakball and have no breakball left.

Well, sorry about all the critiques but i think its necessary as you make a lot of mistakes that i just want to point out and help you that way. Yo should review that run a couple times and go step by step with what i wrote here. i think tha helps you a lot. You said you watched many of our runs. You sure did but you just watched them, you have to analize it. like always stop it between and think what would i do here, what ball next what posotion and so on. That way you learn !

never the less, you play good, good shotmaking and if you pay attention to the guys here and watch a lot of tapes there will be bigger numbers coming for sure. Keep it up !

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
First off let me apologize for this lengthy thread.I don't talk much but when i do my wife says I ramble on too much.Sorry I haven't posted any videos til now,but I have enjoyed watching everyones videos that has them posted.37 & 49 are not my best runs and certainly not my worst.The table I have is not cut for straight pool.Pockets are 4 1/4"(actually 4 3/16" but whos counting:smile:)Waaay to tight for 14.1 IMO.Definitely makes me want to pull my hair out(if I had any left).In the next couple weeks I'll add some 50s & 60s.Then some 70s & 80s.And so forth.I always heard if you start at the bottom nowhere to go but up.
I'll try to answer some questions that some of you may or may not have.
1st-yes the table is dirty(call me lazy)the cloth is mali that came with the table.
2nd-yes the balls are dirty(did I say call me lazy?)they are cheap sportscraft-elcheapo's
3rd-yes I'm lazy:eek:

so please feel free to critisize,advise,or despise me.:D
but truly thank you guys for your videos and I hope you enjoy mine.

37 ball run- http://www.vimeo.com/13187947

49 ball run- http://www.vimeo.com/13187179

---DASH---

I just watched your first 37. Nice stroke, nice pace, you don't waste much time and you get your money's worth on your break shots. I thought you may have bumped into balls a little especially in the first rack at the 35 second mark and then again at the 47 second mark. Bad things could have happened and the balls were pretty much open. You ended up making two combos in the side. The one at the 2 minute mark looked like you were surprised you did not have something better to shoot at.

Other than a few bumps, not much to say. Nice patterns and nice execution.

dash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Sascha for your advice,but somehow i think we're all getting off on the wrong foot here(so to speak).These 30s & 40s & even some of my 50s are just pure shooting with little to no thought play.I have higher runs on video that show better positional play.Maybe i should have just shown them.I kinda figured that I would start with some of the short runs I have first then build up to the higher runs.It may not look like it so far but I have played the game many times. Even the short runs I'm showing wouldn't happen without some knowledge of the game.I definitely appreciate all your comments but please don't think this is the best i've done.I may just skip ahead and just show my biggest runs I have on video from now on.Once again thanks for the input and keep'em coming.:thumbup:

---DASH---

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
These 30s & 40s & even some of my 50s are just pure shooting with little to no thought play.

well that could be part of the problem as well !!

i know when i setup shop, ready for a practice session i take it very serious and dot every I and cross every T. because you never know when a good run is gonna show up, and i like to better my odds of getting that nice run.... plus i try not to let bad habbits start, by messing around in practice you might be enabling that aspect of your game to show up in a game situation !

Hope this makes sense !
Steve

dash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am looking forward to a big run from you and see the difference...

I hope this isn't sarcasm,but honesty,because I meant no offence to you or anyone here.The (big runs) I have on video aren't what some might call huge but they make me feel good.As I said in another post the best I have on video at the moment is 73 or 74 after the stack didn't break up to well.I have a lot of respect for your game as well as others on here Sascha and me being the "new"guy on here i really didn't want to come on here with just "high"runs and expect respect.My intentions were to start with some "lower"runs and graduate up.I do believe you and the others have a wealth of knowledge to pass along on this forum.In passing I do truly take note on all comments and advice.I will take them to the table for hopefully higher and higher runs to come.

---DASH---

dash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well that could be part of the problem as well !!

i know when i setup shop, ready for a practice session i take it very serious and dot every I and cross every T. because you never know when a good run is gonna show up, and i like to better my odds of getting that nice run.... plus i try not to let bad habbits start, by messing around in practice you might be enabling that aspect of your game to show up in a game situation !

Hope this makes sense !
Steve

Yep...makes perfect sense.
On a side note it seems when i'm just firing balls in I run 30's and 40's pretty consistently,but when I take my time and survey the table I can run higher but not with the same consistency.You or Sascha have any ideas with that?So far everyones advice has helped.I had a pretty good session last night.I may show it later.Thanks again fellas.:thumbup:

---DASH---

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
49 Ball Run.......

OK, Here is the Story.......... You have a lot of talent.
I just finished watching your video. I enjoyed watching as much as the first video. You have a great eye for shot making, good stroke and a good pace. There are times that you do need to just slow up a bit and relax your body. In point. The last rack. You came off that bottom rail a little too hard and got on top of the 15 ball that was set up for a great break out shot of that cluster. That was the shot you needed. You played a great shot to get on the next ball (5 ball) but was just a little too straight to break up the cluster. Both shots, I thought you should of took a little longer to concentrate b/c they were so crucial to continuing your run.
I like the way that you got on your different break balls from your key balls. I like to leave key balls near the side pockets and I can see that you are thinking that way aslo. That is the "Old School" way.
You were on your way to a great run. You have it in you. Keep practicing the way that you are doing and I can only see your talent coming out more & more.

PS: When the wife tells you to go eat..... You better go. You'll learn those things as you get older.......LOL

Good shooting
Mike

Last edited:

dash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PS: When the wife tells you to go eat..... You better go. You'll learn those things as you get older.......LOL

Good shooting
Mike[/QUOTE]

Thank ya very much Mike,for the compliments and the advice.My wife laughed when she saw what you wrote.I'm usually the one asking her when we're gonna eat.LOL.Feelin' old now...almost 40!!!!With two grown daughters.19 & 17 :eek:.And two daughters who think their grown.8 & 4 :eek::eek:.LOL.They're the ones that make me feel old.lol.
Thanks again!!

---DASH---

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope this isn't sarcasm,but honesty,because I meant no offence to you or anyone here.The (big runs) I have on video aren't what some might call huge but they make me feel good.As I said in another post the best I have on video at the moment is 73 or 74 after the stack didn't break up to well.I have a lot of respect for your game as well as others on here Sascha and me being the "new"guy on here i really didn't want to come on here with just "high"runs and expect respect.My intentions were to start with some "lower"runs and graduate up.I do believe you and the others have a wealth of knowledge to pass along on this forum.In passing I do truly take note on all comments and advice.I will take them to the table for hopefully higher and higher runs to come.

---DASH---

no sarcasm at all from me, i am not saying that you can´t run 70 or whatever, i just said i like to see it and see if there is a difference comparedt to the videos you posted. looking forward to it. As for the runs,you said you run 30 or 40 more often that way then 70 the other way. thats because 30 or 40 can also happen by shooting the way you did but not a 70 or 80. shooting like you did there brings you nothing and gets you nowhere bro. you should practice hard every time and you will have higher runs more often,too

dash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no sarcasm at all from me, i am not saying that you can´t run 70 or whatever, i just said i like to see it and see if there is a difference comparedt to the videos you posted. looking forward to it. As for the runs,you said you run 30 or 40 more often that way then 70 the other way. thats because 30 or 40 can also happen by shooting the way you did but not a 70 or 80. shooting like you did there brings you nothing and gets you nowhere bro. you should practice hard every time and you will have higher runs more often,too

I agree.I could kick myself sometimes for not paying attention at that one precise time when it is needed the most.I've ended what could be almost perfect runs because of sloppiness.I literally have dozens & dozens of 2nd place finishes instead of 1st for that very reason.And in contrast I have 50 ball runs that take 30 minutes.Go figure :confused:.I'm just a mess.I really can't say thank you enough.I really wish I could pay you to be my instructor for a while(nobody here plays 14.1)but for all your help all I can afford right now is friendship.
Thank ya very much,Sascha :thumbup:

---DASH---

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree.I could kick myself sometimes for not paying attention at that one precise time when it is needed the most.I've ended what could be almost perfect runs because of sloppiness.I literally have dozens & dozens of 2nd place finishes instead of 1st for that very reason.And in contrast I have 50 ball runs that take 30 minutes.Go figure :confused:.I'm just a mess.I really can't say thank you enough.I really wish I could pay you to be my instructor for a while(nobody here plays 14.1)but for all your help all I can afford right now is friendship.
Thank ya very much,Sascha :thumbup:

---DASH---

you are welcome bro, you have many instructors in this forum here. for free....:wink: